NCASE M1 V6 info

Dustbunnyck

Caliper Novice
Nov 10, 2019
If you have a vacant USB header, you also could try to use something like this.
Thanks I may try it. I need to see if that internal header has enough power to run the drive without needing extra power. Apparently uhd blu ray needs some much higher minimum specs to run vs any other type of drive. Maybe that's why sata can't be used

william_www

Caliper Novice
Oct 7, 2020
In the front its only possible to put 1/2 ssds, and on the side its or 2 hdd's or 3 ssds
I see thanks.
I have one more question. I see many build they include 2 noctua fans 12x25. Are they using for replacing the fan on AIO cooler?

Does my build fit the case?
CPU: AMD 5800x
GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 oc
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini-ITX
RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB (16GB X 2) DDR4 3600 MHZ C18
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus Series 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4
Powersupply: Corsair SF Series™ SF750 — 750W 80 PLUS® Platinum SFX
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53 240mm CPU Liquid Cooler
Fan: Noctua NF-A12x25 FLX Premium Quality Quiet 120mm Fan x2

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I see thanks.
I have one more question. I see many build they include 2 noctua fans 12x25. Are they using for replacing the fan on AIO cooler?

Some might be. I used them as bottom intakes. I then just switch to 120x25s.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
I see thanks.

i have those fans because I wanted a quiter system and I just like the look of the noctua's. The fans that came with the AIO are decent, but i just wanted the noctua's for show and just because they are better fans. also going to buy 2 more for intake when I buy the 3080 FE

Also looking at your component list it will surely fit. Just watch out for installing your AIO, make sure the tubing coming out of the rad is in the front of the case, and not at the rear. This way your tubing wont bent and cause a problem. Also be a bit carefull when installing the 3080. Its a thickboi so installing it isnt just sliding it in and done, but it will be a bit of a chalange to fit. but nothing major. but other than that everything will fit nicely!

william_www

Caliper Novice
Oct 7, 2020
i have those fans because I wanted a quiter system and I just like the look of the noctua's. The fans that came with the AIO are decent, but i just wanted the noctua's for show and just because they are better fans. also going to buy 2 more for intake when I buy the 3080 FE

Also looking at your component list it will surely fit. Just watch out for installing your AIO, make sure the tubing coming out of the rad is in the front of the case, and not at the rear. This way your tubing wont bent and cause a problem. Also be a bit carefull when installing the 3080. Its a thickboi so installing it isnt just sliding it in and done, but it will be a bit of a chalange to fit. but nothing major. but other than that everything will fit nicely!

Cool, thanks man. But now I have one more doubt. I am wondering whether 750W can support 5900X and RTX3080. I see lots of build out there using 750W for RTX3090 and 3950X tho. I will still give a try.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Cool, thanks man. But now I have one more doubt. I am wondering whether 750W can support 5900X and RTX3080. I see lots of build out there using 750W for RTX3090 and 3950X tho. I will still give a try.
Its possible, but I would highly recomend undervolting your GPU tho. And maybe even your CPU. No loss in performance but a bit more headroom for your PSU to work with is always nice to have

DanMas

Efficiency Noob
Jan 23, 2019
Does anyone know if there's any list over GPU's from RTX 3080's or RX 6800 XT's that fits in the Ncase M1 V6.1? I'm interested in purchasing one directly on release and I need to know beforehand which one actually fits.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Any news regarding potential revisions? Nervous about upgrading from V5 to V6.1.
There is no revision planned as far as i know. There isnt anything major to improve to make a new revision. Maybe in the future but for the comming time it wont be refreshed. The case is at a point were another revision wouldn't make many sense.
Is it recommended to put an Noctua A9 fan at the back of the case? How much does it helps on lower the temperature?
I have one in the back as exhaust. (its the slim one) Its nothing major, but i bought one just because i wanted that little bit more airflow in my case

at around 4:50 he explains and show it. 1 degree difference isnt aything special. So if your budget allows it, go for it if you want. But if your budget is a little tighter i would recommend not to, because it doesnt have a noticeable impact.
Does anyone know if there's any list over GPU's from RTX 3080's or RX 6800 XT's that fits in the Ncase M1 V6.1? I'm interested in purchasing one directly on release and I need to know beforehand which one actually fits.
1: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/ncase-m1-v6-gpu-compatibility-list.11305/ This is the official forum about this.
2: And this is a spreadsheet i got from reddit, in the bottom you can choose wich card(only the 3070/3080/3090 info is provided, so no AMD)

ivoryg37

Efficiency Noob
Jan 30, 2019
I don't remember where I saw this but it was recommended to run a X570 strix over a X570 crosshair impact since the impact extends further down and blocks some of the vent holes on the V6.1 for the GPU causing it to run a bit warmer. I've been trying to find where I saw this but don't remember where. Does anyone know if this is this true? Trying to decide which motherboard to go for since the x570i strix doesn't have front USB C header

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
I don't remember where I saw this but it was recommended to run a X570 strix over a X570 crosshair impact since the impact extends further down and blocks some of the vent holes on the V6.1 for the GPU causing it to run a bit warmer. I've been trying to find where I saw this but don't remember where. Does anyone know if this is this true? Trying to decide which motherboard to go for since the x570i strix doesn't have front USB C header
The Impact indeed extends further down compared to the Strix, but I can’t see this having any measurable thermal impact. I’m using the Impact actually and don’t find this to be a problem.

TheRealGlutenbob

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2020
Can anyone confirm if the distance between the front panel and the I/O panel was reduced for v6?

For instance if you look at this video at the 0:17 mark, you can see the space

However at the 1:50 mark with the v6, it looks like the space has been completely removed. It could be the angle, but I want to be sure.

Thanks!