NCASE M1 V6 info

heidy

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 9, 2020
Hello.
Will the M1 Power Cable ever be restocked? It'd help for those of us who bought the original V6 with the included cable that's oriented the other way.
Thanks for your time.

SunnyHere

Cable Smoosher
Jul 24, 2019
Hello @Necere ,I have a NCASE v6.0 and like it. Recently I'm trying to stack two SSDs behind the front panel (at the Optic Drive Position) but only finding it interferes with the front panel. Is there a solution for this? Can I acquire/purchase a ODD bracket v6.1 to solve this? Thanks.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Hello @Necere ,I have a NCASE v6.0 and like it. Recently I'm trying to stack two SSDs behind the front panel (at the Optic Drive Position) but only finding it interferes with the front panel. Is there a solution for this? Can I acquire/purchase a ODD bracket v6.1 to solve this? Thanks.

The M1 V6 User Manual does not show two stacked 2.5 inch drives mounted to the front of the chassis behind the front panel. For earlier revisions of the M1 case, this was possible using the 2.5 inch stacking drive brackets so long as both drives were 7 mm thick and you used the set of holes on the brackets that are have the closest spacing. Perhaps this is no longer possible with the V6 and V6.1. The V6 user manual shows 2 stacked 2.5 inch drives on the inside surface of the front of the chassis.

Note, attaching the SATA power and data cables to two drives stacked in this way can be tricky for some power supply and data cables, depending on how the connectors are shaped or attached to their cables. There's not a lot of space for 2 sets of power and data connections:
  • Some people used a SATA power splitter that has the two SATA power connectors attached in-line with ends of the split cable.
  • Some people rotated one of the two drives so that the two sets of power and data connectors were at opposite ends of the stacked assembly. This way, the cable connections for one drive did not interfere with the connections of the other drive.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
We don't have the V6.1 ODD bracket available for purchase separately. However, I believe you may still be able to stack a pair of drives on the V6.0 ODD bracket if you use a stacking bracket on only one side of the stack.

The M1 V6 User Manual does not show two stacked 2.5 inch drives mounted to the front of the chassis behind the front panel. For earlier revisions of the M1 case, this was possible using the 2.5 inch stacking drive brackets so long as both drives were 7 mm thick and you used the set of holes on the brackets that are have the closest spacing. Perhaps this is no longer possible with the V6 and V6.1. The V6 user manual shows 2 stacked 2.5 inch drives on the inside surface of the front of the chassis.
It does show a drive mounted to the ODD bracket though, and yes it's still possible to stack two 7mm thick drives there.

electric65

Efficiency Noob
Oct 20, 2018
NCase M1 V5 owner here - are there any revisions coming down the pipe in the next ~6 months? Thinking of upgrading, but scared of getting burned on a new revision coming out after (especially if it helps fit these monster RTX 30 series)

Reactions: Gungar

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
NCase M1 V5 owner here - are there any revisions coming down the pipe in the next ~6 months? Thinking of upgrading, but scared of getting burned on a new revision coming out after (especially if it helps fit these monster RTX 30 series)
What are you trying to upgrade? I'm on a v1 case and just ordered the new front panel for USB-C and will get a new vented side panel when back in stock. Much less expensive.

electric65

Efficiency Noob
Oct 20, 2018
What are you trying to upgrade? I'm on a v1 case and just ordered the new front panel for USB-C and will get a new vented side panel when back in stock. Much less expensive.

I haven't upgraded my V5 case at all since buying it, so would be looking to get x2 dust filters, taller feet, GPU support bracket, new front I/O for USB-C, x2 of the new vented side panels... Puts me around $150 total, so figured what's another $60 to get all of it together in one package + the other frame improvements like increased room for larger GPUs, increased ventilation in bottom + rear, and increased flexibility in component mounting.

Reactions: Qrash

LimitRTX

Case Bender
New User
Sep 19, 2020
Is is possible to for a revision of the Ncase to fit a 3090 Founders Edition like in these photos Or would it require to many major alterations to the design of the Ncase for it to be practical?

D

Deleted member 14114

Maybe question was already asked, sorry then.

It says V6 has M4 holes for window mounting. So can I make a window by myself, just making 4 holes in it and screw it with M4 screws onto the M1?
Are there any 3D files or specifications for the window size and hole positions available?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Is is possible to for a revision of the Ncase to fit a 3090 Founders Edition like in these photos Or would it require to many major alterations to the design of the Ncase for it to be practical?
I don't know if I'd call that fitting. The card looks to be at a significant angle to clear the front of the chassis. There's really no more room to trim away the chassis without compromising the structural strength, either. Plus it doesn't look like you can get the front I/O bracket in.

Fhiko

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2019
hi,

anyone here from belgium?
i want to order a case and diliver to belgium. What will be the extra cost for tax and import fee in belgium?

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017

Anyone who thinks you can't have powerful, quiet and small needs to watch this.

I actually just finished ordering an NCASE V6.1. I was going to order the panels and front IO to upgrade my V5, but at the end of the day, it just made more sense to get the newer one. I love the NCASE M1. Fantastic case. The only reason I switched out of it was the cooling issue with the 8086K/2080 FE I had. New Ryzens remedy this issue. I've had a V2, V5, and soon a V6. I was planning to do my next main system build in a MI-6, but with the lack of ITX GPUs for the foreseeable future, I think I'll end up back in the NCASE M1.

Frenzy

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
hi,

anyone here from belgium?
i want to order a case and diliver to belgium. What will be the extra cost for tax and import fee in belgium?

Hoi,

I was living in Belgium (Antwerp) last year when i had my DAN A4 delivered (also have a Ncase M1 when living in China). For import duties i had to pay quite a bit, the HS code and value are basically same (DAN vs Ncase).
I tried to find the exact cost but failed to find it.
I recall roughly:
30 euro for the import/custom handling/declaration
40 euro tax
40 import duty

It was around ~100 euro just over it. I thought i mistake was made before, but checked and had to pay it.
(another shipment of demiflex filters they made an error with shipment value and overcharged me and got that back)

edit:
Might add yes its a bit much. Backer of original Ncase M1 on Indiegogo in .. 2013 ?!, and case still holds up today, so just swallow the extra costs, the case it well worth it and will last you years if not decades. I'm considering to buy another Ncase M1 actually.

Last edited:

Dustbunnyck

Caliper Novice
Nov 10, 2019
So I bought the pioneer BDR-XS07UHD it is an external slot loading uhd capable blu ray drive and took it apart to see if maybe I could convert it to an internal one for use in the M1. Alas where the mini sata connector would reside is the power and USB c port instead. It could be mounted on the chassis if you remove the drive from its coverings but you'd then have to solve running a USB c cord and external power through. I'm sure I'm the only person who cares about optical drives but it is interesting either way

Dustbunnyck

Caliper Novice
Nov 10, 2019
So I bought the pioneer BDR-XS07UHD it is an external slot loading uhd capable blu ray drive and took it apart to see if maybe I could convert it to an internal one for use in the M1. Alas where the mini sata connector would reside is the power and USB c port instead. It could be mounted on the chassis if you remove the drive from its coverings but you'd then have to solve running a USB c cord and external power through. I'm sure I'm the only person who cares about optical drives but it is interesting either way
I have to make an update to this. So the DC in port on it is only necessary if a PC can't send out enough power then you need to supply power in(they don't give this in the box). I have the Z390 Phantom gaming ITX which has a thunderbolt port built in I would assume it can handle this. It may look weird but I may try to mount the drive internally then run the USB C cable out through the back water cooling port and to the motherboard IO.