NCASE M1 V6 info

Leinel

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2019
I’m more frustrated with the fact that I got in within 2mins and had the silver case in my cart and was checking out, filled in my CC and delivery info and when I hit the confirmation to buy....I’m greeted with an Out of Stock on my cart entry. WTF? Usually once an item is in the cart it should technically be “spoken for” at least for a few minutes and not taken out from under you while you’re completing the payment process. I was soooo looking forward to getting this case too. Guess I’ll hope for a Louqe Ghost S1 release soon but not holding my breath.

Ouch, that’ just bad. I think that the software used is the way that the parts available are subtracted the moment, the order is complete. Not the best way, I agree. But I‘m quite sure that Necere did not program the software. ??
I waited 3 months just to get the opportunity to order, too, and I am still waiting for my case ordered last December as I have to wait for the notification from German customs.
I got my eyes on the Loque Ghost S1, too. Optimum Tech does a really good job in his videos mentioning the NCase M1 and the Ghost S1 in frequently . But I will never sell my M1 more possible doing a second build and wasting more money. The N1 seems to be the best case for silent gaming and rendering. If so, this will be my daily pick on the desk.

To all the guys pointing „I‘ll give my money to somebody else“, because they are so frustrated: Spending my money on things I want, not to make other persons happy.
Of course everybody can send me money. Be sure that I will be really grateful and point it out here in this forum ?

Reactions: lordzorg

Larryadd

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 15, 2019
Necere, I understand that the case manufacturing is your top priority at the moment but, do you have a schedule planned for restocking accessories ?
Thanks for your reply.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Haven’t log in the forum for long months, but I was aware of v6.1 coming out and was expecting to buy one for my next build. Unfortunately the allocation was sold within 3-4 minutes and I missed out. I’ll wait for the next one and hopefully I’ll be able to get one. No hurry since I still contemplating the hardware and 2020 seems promising, but I’m 120% sure that the Ncase v6.1 will again house it.

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
Any news for the current batch? Is it sold out or still have to start? Thanks!

As I understand it current batch was going to be fed in small allocations but due to yesterday being the 1st of this type of allocation and selling out in about 4 minutes, a lot of people were frustrated. So what will happen with the remaining stock and how it is made available only necere can advise.

I have entered my email address on ncases.com to be advised again but as that email was sent as they were sold out, I will keep an eye on here for further information.

Reactions: fabio

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Thanks for the kind words @Dawelio and others.

Yesterday was a test to see if doing smaller/more frequent drops would be viable. Clearly not, at least not with the current demand. So the next drop will just be the entire remainder of the production run. That will likely be at the beginning of February, after the Chinese New Year. Parts will have to wait until then too.

I’m more frustrated with the fact that I got in within 2mins and had the silver case in my cart and was checking out, filled in my CC and delivery info and when I hit the confirmation to buy....I’m greeted with an Out of Stock on my cart entry. WTF? Usually once an item is in the cart it should technically be “spoken for” at least for a few minutes and not taken out from under you while you’re completing the payment process. I was soooo looking forward to getting this case too. Guess I’ll hope for a Louqe Ghost S1 release soon but not holding my breath.
This is a restriction put in place by Shopify. Since we're going back to a larger number of cases for the next order period, it should be much less of an issue.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks for the kind words @Dawelio and others.

Yesterday was a test to see if doing smaller/more frequent drops would be viable. Clearly not, at least not with the current demand. So the next drop will just be the entire remainder of the production run. That will likely be at the beginning of February, after the Chinese New Year. Parts will have to wait until then too.

This is a restriction put in place by Shopify. Since we're going back to a larger number of cases for the next order period, it should be much less of an issue.

No worries dude, it was my pleasure! :)

I know how much time, energy and effort you put into all of this. As well as even trying to provide everyone with an answer to their questions on here, just amazing.

Personally I don't think I'd be able to do what you're doing dude, hence me wanted to write that post to give everyone a different perspective and a second thought before bombing you with angry emails and the same question(s) over and over again. It can be a bit tiring, hence hopefully people will read my post and have more understanding of the massive job you do.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Thanks for the update Necere. See 1st Feb mentioned on Page 1. Another Saturday at 5PM GMT?
Actually, I came up with a new idea that will allow us to let people pre-order for February, with a smaller quantity available that can be shipped before TWPS closes for the CNY. So we may actually be opening orders again sooner than that.

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
That sounds good.

I was thinking but obviously this would only help persons on this forum a method similar to how group buys work on many forums.

Users could put their name down, when quantity is reached those who were first in line get access to order somehow.

berglh

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2020
@Necere I am definitely in favour of being able to get an order in before CNY. I also wanted to apologise for sending an email about my failed payment due to no stock during the last drop, I was confused with the shipping options at 1 AM with the flu as I live in Australia but am currently in holiday in Taiwan.

I was pretty confused why I didn't get to get my order in. I only had interacted with the website and the lack of information about the situation made it very confusing and concerning. Reading through the comments here I can see that I am just adding to the fire. Hope you figure out an amicable solution for all, looking forward to getting my hands on to one if I win the ordering/purchasing lottery next time ?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
@Necere I am definitely in favour of being able to get an order in before CNY. I also wanted to apologise for sending an email about my failed payment due to no stock during the last drop, I was confused with the shipping options at 1 AM with the flu as I live in Australia but am currently in holiday in Taiwan.

I was pretty confused why I didn't get to get my order in. I only had interacted with the website and the lack of information about the situation made it very confusing and concerning. Reading through the comments here I can see that I am just adding to the fire. Hope you figure out an amicable solution for all, looking forward to getting my hands on to one if I win the ordering/purchasing lottery next time ?

My hat off to you sir, for actually admitting that you were upset and apologising to @Necere for it. Very mature of you to do that, well done! :)

On another note, I switched my system last night from my old Fractal Design Define C TG case to the NCASE M1 and man, I am impressed. Such a tiny case, but man can it hold a powerhouse and such flexibility and room to work in.

@Necere dude, once again, you've truly designed something amazing with the M1. Thank you!

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
just recieved my own Ncase m1 v6.1 from the december drop, and im very pleased with it, its just so good looking and looks much better in person than on a computer screen.
and ive read through pages of people being salty and just full of frustration that they couldnt get their hands on one, and i think the post of @Dawelio just sums it up perfectly. Peeps, please @Necere is also a human being so just spare your frustration for yourself and surroundings and dont give this awesome man this much hard time. He put this awesome case together and i get that its so damn wanted. but complaining your ass of wont make it better. So yeah, guys please just be nice to each other and dont give anyone a hard time.
so much love to @Necere for designing the most amazing case on the market!
and much love to this whole community!

JayMoon

Chassis Packer
Jan 1, 2020
@Necere how often do you guys update the case design, just wondering since I’m so new to all this and the community itself. Like what’s the future for the Ncase M1 itself is this the final product?

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
@Necere how often do you guys update the case design, just wondering since I’m so new to all this and the community itself. Like what’s the future for the Ncase M1 itself is this the final product?
I have no plans for any further revisions to the M1 at this time.
the v5 from what ive read i think it lasted around 2/3 years. and the 6.1 is almost the perfect version, so maybe in a few years there will be a revision, but i wont wait on it

JayMoon

Chassis Packer
Jan 1, 2020
the v5 from what ive read i think it lasted around 2/3 years. and the 6.1 is almost the perfect version, so maybe in a few years there will be a revision, but i wont wait on it
Yeah not looking to wait just wondering what the future holds. Contemplating on buying 2 honestly if my initial build goes amazing which it should.

jrasero

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2019

While I agree with your sympathy for @Necere the fact is very few products can endure a 9 month wait time let a lone a 3 month time span in this global economy in 2020 so comparing past experiences doesn't translate. While I agree the NCase M1 is by far the best SFF case, there are a lot of really great SFF cases out there or coming out in 2020. Sliger is throwing out some amazing cases and even at CES I have seen some good ITX cases. I really can't comprehend what Necere is going through as a small business owner but I can can say there is a extreme demand for his cases and in 2020 I think he needs to scale better.

Hey people would pay anything for the demand Necere's cases have so really it's a good problem to have, but as someone who does retail buying for a living seeing the lack of fulfillment on a personal level has me tilted. If this is always going to be a boutique low margin business so be it, there is no reason for him to change his business model but if he ever decides to go more mainstream then his cases have a ton of potential to make a ton of money, while making a lot of nerds like us happy

jrasero

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2019
@Necere my order when I go to cancel or edit my order on the NCase website it says:

"Order Not Found. We're sorry, but we couldn't find this order. If you believe this is incorrect, please contact the store and let their support team know you're experiencing issues."

is there something wrong with the website or my order?

Hanakuso

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
Just have patience everyone.

I still remember I missed out on the first run of the M1 and it wasn't 100% another run would happen. Ebay prices were crazy high.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I make revisions when things come to light that would benefit from a revision. Currently, that list has zero items on it. I can't really predict if/when something will come up, but after six revisions it's already pretty refined.