NCASE M1 V6 info

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Yes, if you like having constant unsolvable pump noise, absolutely.

Unless you are using the system in an environment which is noise sensitive like a film set, who cares. it's either the fans or the pump which will make a sound because those are the only two moving parts and I know for a fact that it isn't as loud as a freight train and it will blend in with the regular environmental noise over time. I for one like that noise because I know when something breaks if that sound will be different.

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Unless you are using the system in an environment which is noise sensitive like a film set, who cares. it's either the fans or the pump which will make a sound because those are the only two moving parts and I know for a fact that it isn't as loud as a freight train and it will blend in with the regular environmental noise over time. I for one like that noise because I know when something breaks if that sound will be different.

Totally. Might as well buy the cheapest 120mm fans while we're at is since, hey, it's only noise right? Who cares?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Totally. Might as well buy the cheapest 120mm fans while we're at is since, hey, it's only noise right? Who cares?

What I'm trying to say is that there is different levels of noise, if the pump is running quiet to the point where you can barely hear it when the room is quiet, that's acceptable to me. But do what you gotta do, just keep it simple and don't over complicate it to the point where performance suffers.

If anything you can find a thin sound dampening material to put on the panels which might work.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
lol - I clearly meant that I doubt that to be true. I can imagine plenty in fact. At least my X52 pump has no weird pitch, just a faint hum, even at 100% with fans off, I tested that quite a while ago. I know my fans could be even more silent, but mostly at load, at idle even the Aer P are decent. I am sitting right next to my case and never thought twice about pump noise and I am very much not a fan of noise. DDC custom loop pumps are likely more of an issue, or cheap CLC. The Asetek 5th gen pumps are very decent (e.g. Kraken X52). If they rattle, they are likely DOA. But each to their own. With my 3950X and OC, I don't have much choice anyway.
You are mentioning one of the if not best AIO so you better not here it :p. The c14s is plenty (20% fan speed and 40-50% on a big load, mostly lower while gaming) with my 3700x at half the cost.

You CAN'T here my pc at idle or games like league of legends and I mean ear-at-panel distance you can't here it. It is basicly off. All because of the 4,2ghz at 1,25v, but I don't think a AIO will give me less noise/better cooling with my undervolted 8-core.
I could get 4,4ghz at 1,45v for 200 points extra on cinebench and 2 fps gain, but I don't find it usefull enough since ryzen is so overclocked out-of-the-box.

Furthermore, a pump can break and can leak, although the chances are small.

Lastly, I almost can't stand my strix coil whine (which is quiet, but still can't stand any extra higher pitched noises if not needed). And I like my rgb shining on the big metal cooler and showing me the inside of my pc. A radiator would block the whole inside.

So, my pc is more quiet (even while gaming, not on workloads which I don't do), has no performance loses (tested with cinebench amd shadow of tomb raider benchmark), can't break or leak and looks nicer in my opinion at almost half the cost. But yes, it's more complicated with the tweaking I did to make it perfect.

Last edited:

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
You guys forget that lots of people build itx computer because they travel and they don't let you on a plane with an AIO full of liquid.

@Necere how do you sandwich a 120x15 fan between the PSU and the side panel? How do you screw it in place?

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
I'm interested, too. I would guess some import fee and 20% VAT on top of that. Not cheap at all...
I paid $535 (two cases plus "fast"... shipping which I read a few hours after ordering on here and discord I should not have done, nice work on that and unable to change that since their edit button in the shop does not work @Necere ) - so that's 535 * 1.035 (vague assumption) * 1.2 = ~$665 = ~ £253 per case.
I know this is small production, but given these were available via Scan UK and Overclockers UK at some point, this whole shipping and importing individually a real pain.
I bought the first production run of v6 and paid £25 import fees. No other charges but I remember at the time some paid £30 something with no real reasoning as to the difference so luck of the draw I guess. But can confirm that's all I paid at the parcel force collection and nothing else.

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
@Necere what's happening with the people who bought the original v6 regarding front io plate. Will we get a replacement of the new cut process for the older one which had imperfections?

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
I bought the first production run of v6 and paid £25 import fees. No other charges but I remember at the time some paid £30 something with no real reasoning as to the difference so luck of the draw I guess. But can confirm that's all I paid at the parcel force collection and nothing else.
Thanks for the info! Did you have regular or EMS shipping?

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
No problem ?. The cheapest one and i ended up getting it faster than a lot of the guys who paid for the more expensive shipping.
haha nice one, exactly why I changed now from EMS to standard shipping. RM is busy as-is and my fingers are crossed that my cases slip thru ?

Reactions: Titchiboi

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
I know this was mentioned before but I'm bringing it up since the website is up and @Necere mentioned something about a replacement a while ago. So what's your input apart from a pointless sarcy post?
Is your front i/o really that bad? Since it's not really bad on mine and just part of the process. Haven't heard anything new on the matter, but the front i/o isn't available on the site + I recall that they would look into it after the new batch was out and look how that turned out.

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
Is your front i/o really that bad? Since it's not really bad on mine and just part of the process. Haven't heard anything new on the matter, but the front i/o isn't available on the site + I recall that they would look into it after the new batch was out and look how that turned out.
I think everything that had to be said about the front io on the first production run is done and dusted now. I just vaguely remember @Necere mentioning that people would get a replacement if they wanted one when the next batch started moving.

Reactions: rfarmer

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
The only reason to go for a U9S is guaranteed motherboard compatibility and if you want to put a 3.5" drive in for some reason.
Well, that's two already...
I think I heard of one gigabye board having the CPU socket too high. So punchline, don't cheap out on a board and you'll be fine.
Both the X570 and the B450 Gigabyte boards, I believe. @Morgul The 3700X has rather low TDP, and the NH-U9S should be able to handle it easily; you also can put a 120mm fan between the side bracket and the HDD cage to improve the airflow. I think you just need to decide what you require more: somewhat lower temperatures or better hardware compatibility.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
but what about coil whine, i dont know how bad it is on newer GPUs and stuff, but my gtx 970 is pretty whiny, so my pc is pretty qiuet. but sometimes there will be some coil whine. in the beginning i thought something was about to blow up or something, but now it has grown to me. But still, coil whine is a (if it isnt that bad on newer tech) pretty loud sound source