NCASE M1 V6 info

CubicFrog

Case Bender
Nov 28, 2019
Hi, was wondering if it's possible to have a special order for myself of the psu bracket for the right side instead of the left. i.e not in front of the mobo but where u could attached a sata hdd..

On another question would that allow me to install a matx mobo with two founders edition gpu at the bottom.. Disregard the Temps.. I just want to know if it's possible.. Thanks to anyone that replies..

ParallaxStax

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 24, 2019
On another question would that allow me to install a matx mobo with two founders edition gpu at the bottom.. Disregard the Temps.. I just want to know if it's possible.. Thanks to anyone that replies..

I think because the m1 only has 3 expansion slots, 2 FE gpus could not fit, as they are each dual slot.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere

why can’t you increase to 167mm instead of 160mm?

I really want to put a massive cpu cooler in future V7?
I've committed to maintaining backward compatibility for the exterior panels, which means the dimensions can't change significantly.

An extra 7mm won't get you to "massive CPU coolers" anyway; that would increase the max cooler height from 135mm to 142mm, which doesn't open up anything worth mentioning. It would need to be +25-30mm to be worth it, which is a much wider case.

mika

Efficiency Noob
Oct 18, 2019
I am happy to see that 2x140mm fans actually fit in the bottom, including the front IO.

The fans I used have frame of 3.5mm thickness and fit exactly under the sidepanel clips.
One also needs to remove the two back screws of the bottom panel and use slightly shorter screws for the back case feet as these protrude into the case.
Once that is done the fans can be moved all the way to the slots covers which, just opens up enough room to fit the fron IO cables.

It would be nice if future revisions would use screws that don't protude into the case.
This is great! Do you know, by chance, if Noctua NF-A14 or NF-A15 would fit as well?
NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap

I'm trying to assemble component for a future v6.1 build during holiday shopping season - before getting a case :(.
Thanks!

mika

Efficiency Noob
Oct 18, 2019
FAQ

Q: When can I order the M1 V6?

A: Tentatively, the next batch of M1s (V6.1) should be available around mid-December via the new ncases.com site (when it's up).

Q: What other parts will be available?

A: TBD

Q: Will there be a window option?

A: TBD

Q: Will x fit?

A: See the specs towards the end of this post. Also see the GPU compatibility list.

Q: Which parts are backward compatible?

A: The following parts from V6 are backward compatible with older versions:
  • Exterior panels
  • Front I/O bracket w/ports
  • Side fan bracket
  • 3.5"/2.5" and ODD drive brackets
  • Motherboard tray

M1 V6 User Manual - see end of this post

M1 V6 changelog

V6.1

Chassis
-Adjusted front SFX mount position
-Adjusted 2.5" mounting holes
-Adjusted 2.5" drive SATA connector cutouts
-Added threaded standoffs to fan bracket mounting holes

Front I/O
-New punch tooling for smoother edges

SFX bracket
-Added/modified flanges to mitigate possible PSU movement

ODD bracket
-Adjusted 2.5" drive mount screw holes for improved stacking bracket support
-Added chassis mounted 2.5" drive screw access holes
-Adjusted aux chassis 2.5" drive screw access holes

Parts box
-Removed 120mm fan filters
-Fan grille count changed to 2
-Adjusted screw counts

Power cable
-Changed to right angle

V6

Front I/O
-Added USB Type C port (requires motherboard 20 pin Type E header, see list)
-Changed headphone and mic ports to single combo jack
-All ports use new molds
-Redesigned I/O bracket with swappable no-I/O faceplate (ports can be removed for cleaner look/slightly better 2.2+ slot GPU compatibility)

Chassis
-Redesigned ventilation holes on bottom and rear to improve airflow
-Added longer fan mounting slots on the bottom
-Bottom vents moved to separate steel floor plate attached to underside of chassis
-Added bottom magnetic dust filter
-Threaded inserts on PCI bracket
-Added M4 screw holes for window mounting to chassis
-Front-right chassis flange reduced, SFX PSU can now be installed from the right side
-Reduced rear-left chassis flange to facilitate GPU installation
-Enlarged chassis front GPU passthrough to facilitate GPU installation and provide more room for oversized GPUs
-Removed four panel mounting clips from side flanges to reduce incidence of oversized GPU conflicts
-Changed front 2.5" drive mounting to use screws instead of rubber grommets to save space/reduce complexity
-Integrated fan bracket mount into chassis flanges
-Added inside-front mounting for SFX PSU
-Added Kensington slot to rear

Fan bracket
-Added more and longer 120mm fan mounting slots for greater range of mounting

Motherboard tray
-Changed to removable standoffs

ODD bracket
-Redesigned to single piece, now supports 9.5mm and 12.7mm ODD drives

HDD cage
-Redesigned to two pieces, now supports 2x 3.5" drives *or* 3x 2.5" drives; now allows mounting to inside front 2.5" mount (3x 2.5" configuration only)

Top panel
-Changed to 2mm thick

Side panels
-Extended ventilated area adjacent to GPU

Other
-New 15mm tall molded rubber feet
-New adjustable GPU support bracket (adjustable for 2-2.5 slot cards)

Renders

Full Specs

Volume
  • 12.7L
External Dimensions
  • Including feet & protrusions: 338 x 160.6 x 255.5mm
  • Excluding feet & protrusions: 328 x 160.6 x 241.7mm
Materials
  • Exterior panels: brushed anodized aluminum, 1.5mm front and sides, 2mm top panel
  • Interior frame: 1.5mm matte black painted aluminum
  • Interior fan bracket and vented undercarriage: 1.2mm black steel
Front I/O
  • Power button with dual-color LED backlight (power on/HDD access)
  • Two USB Type A ports (to 19 pin USB header)
  • One USB Type C port (to 20 pin/Type E header)
  • One 3.5mm headphone/mic combo jack (to HD Audio header)
  • Blank no-I/O face plate included
Motherboard Support
  • Mini-ITX, Mini-DTX
CPU Cooler Support
  • Maximum height: 130mm with side fan bracket installed, 135mm without
  • CPU Heatsinks must not extend past the top edge of the motherboard by more than 10mm.
  • CPU Heatsinks that extend beyond the front edge of the motherboard may interfere with the 3.5" HDD cage and/or power supply (in the default right-side mounting location).
Graphics Card Support
  • Cards up to 280mm long (up to 290mm with front I/O ports removed):
    • Height: up to 140mm at mid-card, 130mm at rear corner
    • Thickness: up to 3 slots (60mm)
  • Cards over 280mm long:
    • Height: up to 140mm at mid-card, 130mm at rear corner, 125mm at front corner
    • Thickness: up to 2.2 slots (45mm)
  • Note on height limits: please allow 15-20mm for PCIe power connectors
  • Also see GPU compatibility list
Drive Support
  • Optical Disc Drive (requires optional top panel with ODD slot)
    • ODD bracket supports slim slot-loading optical drives in 9.5mm or 12.7mm sizes
    • Alternatively, bracket may be used for a single 2.5" drive (up to 14mm thick)
  • 2x 3.5" HDDs supported via removable brackets attached to the fan bracket (uses up one side 120mm fan location)
    • Alternatively, brackets can support 3x 2.5" drives (up to 15.5mm thick)
  • 1x 2.5" drive mount on inside-front of chassis (any thickness); also supports mounting of the HDD brackets in 3x 2.5" drive configuration in place of a single 2.5" drive
Fan Support
  • Side (fan bracket): 2x 120mm
  • Bottom: 2x 120mm
  • Rear: 1x 92mm
Liquid Cooling Support
  • 1x 240 radiator or up to 2x 120 radiators are supported on the side fan bracket
  • Radiators less than 35mm thick are recommended
  • 1x 240 or 2x 120 radiators precludes use of the HDD brackets attached to the fan bracket
Power Supply
  • SFX, SFX-L
M1 V6 User Manual

Other resources

Hi,
the new 15mm feet look awesome! Is there a chance to buy it separately?

I want to try putting it on my son's TU150; would be a nice improvement over stock ones - if fits...

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hi,
the new 15mm feet look awesome! Is there a chance to buy it separately?

I want to try putting it on my son's TU150; would be a nice improvement over stock ones - if fits...
It's possible the feet will be offered at some point, but nothing I can say definitively right now.

danny.nguyen

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
I've committed to maintaining backward compatibility for the exterior panels, which means the dimensions can't change significantly.

An extra 7mm won't get you to "massive CPU coolers" anyway; that would increase the max cooler height from 135mm to 142mm, which doesn't open up anything worth mentioning. It would need to be +25-30mm to be worth it, which is a much wider case.

it’s Noctua CPU cooler, the massive one!

yeah it will be wider but you need to design something nice!

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
As the glass panels are not going to be available I will look for them at a local supplier. How big are the standard ones?

I would recommend getting the case first then the glass. It will save you a headache if the pane you get is too big or too small for the case

Violent

Efficiency Noob
Nov 24, 2019
He did design something nice. If the cooler you want to use doesn't fit you will need to adjust, or find a case that fits your needs. I bought a new cooler since my d15s won't fit. Now I can use my 9700k in this case.

it’s Noctua CPU cooler, the massive one!

yeah it will be wider but you need to design something nice!

Reactions: Paradyme

caboose

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2018
With SFFLab and Ncase's own site undergoing maintenance, does anyone know when we'll be able to order a V6?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere

Very excited about the new case! Question: will you be delivering to Hong Kong or it's US shipping only?
Worldwide shipping.

With SFFLab and Ncase's own site undergoing maintenance, does anyone know when we'll be able to order a V6?
First post has the most up to date info.

Could I still mount a hard drive to the bottom? I still have a 3.5in drive but a 240mm radiator
No, the floor mounts were removed for V6. In general it wasn't a good idea to use them anyway with an air-cooled GPU, since the drive would block a lot of airflow and pick up a lot of heat from the GPU.

Khaledious

Trash Compacter
Apr 28, 2019
Serious question.. are glass side panels still slated for Q4 (will launch sometime in the next month) as originally promised on SSF Labs?