NCASE M1 V6 info

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Can't you just read the first post or go one or two pages back?
You signed up to attack a user for not reading a post that may or may not be easy to find? Seriously?

mate could you do everybody a favor and read the very first post of the thread youre posting in? thank you!
2nd post - the same thing.

If y'all are going to be toxic users, move on. K?

SunnyHere

Cable Smoosher
Jul 24, 2019
Hello @Necere
What exactly does "Added threaded standoffs to fan bracket mounting holes "
and "Fan grille count changed to 2 "
means?
And as a V6 user, can we buy the new power cable?

thanks.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hello @Necere
What exactly does "Added threaded standoffs to fan bracket mounting holes "
The screw holes on the chassis for the fan mount will use threaded standoffs/nuts instead of being threaded directly into chassis.

and "Fan grille count changed to 2 "
means?
Previously there were four 120mm steel wire fan grilles included, we've reduced that to two.

And as a V6 user, can we buy the new power cable?
Hopefully. It's more likely than the other parts, since w360 can ship them from China.

• Angry
Reactions: xSDMx and gwertheim

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Sliger has C14 to C13 passthrough cables readily available to buy separately. Just throwing this out there for those who need them yesterday.

MrSykes

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 23, 2019
Couldnt find any dimensions regarding the feedthrough at the back for external watercooling. What is the diameter of this feedthrough (without the rubber inlay)?

I would like to install a bulkhead fitting with a quick coupling.
thank you!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Couldnt find any dimensions regarding the feedthrough at the back for external watercooling. What is the diameter of this feedthrough (without the rubber inlay)?

I would like to install a bulkhead fitting with a quick coupling.
thank you!
They are 25mm in diameter.

Last edited:

ParallaxStax

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 24, 2019
How do sales tax and customs work for v6.1 in the US? (DC area). Will the total cost for v6.1 be $210 + 30-40 (shipping) + taxes? If so what should be the estimated real total cost?

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
Hello,

I am wondering, do you think there would be the space to put a 120mm AIO for a GPU (like a MSI Seahawk) next to a C14S?

In that scenario, I would imagine the radiator to be next to the CPU Cooler and behind to the power supply ?

What do you think?

HansWursT619

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2016
I am happy to see that 2x140mm fans actually fit in the bottom, including the front IO.

The fans I used have frame of 3.5mm thickness and fit exactly under the sidepanel clips.
One also needs to remove the two back screws of the bottom panel and use slightly shorter screws for the back case feet as these protrude into the case.
Once that is done the fans can be moved all the way to the slots covers which, just opens up enough room to fit the fron IO cables.

It would be nice if future revisions would use screws that don't protude into the case.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
I am happy to see that 2x140mm fans actually fit in the bottom, including the front IO.

The fans I used have frame of 3.5mm thickness and fit exactly under the sidepanel clips.
One also needs to remove the two back screws of the bottom panel and use slightly shorter screws for the back case feet as these protrude into the case.
Once that is done the fans can be moved all the way to the slots covers which, just opens up enough room to fit the fron IO cables.

It would be nice if future revisions would use screws that don't protude into the case.

Impressive! I didn't think it was possible to fit square 140 mm fans at the bottom due to the side panel clips and DTX stand-off posts. It's amazing what people are still discovering to be possible in the M1.

BTW, with dual 140 fans in the bottom as intakes and the slightly taller feet of the v6, a bottom to top airflow reminds of the Silverstone ATX Raven cases.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
How do sales tax and customs work for v6.1 in the US? (DC area). Will the total cost for v6.1 be $210 + 30-40 (shipping) + taxes? If so what should be the estimated real total cost?
Shouldn't be any customs charges or taxes AFAIK.

Hello,

I am wondering, do you think there would be the space to put a 120mm AIO for a GPU (like a MSI Seahawk) next to a C14S?

In that scenario, I would imagine the radiator to be next to the CPU Cooler and behind to the power supply ?

What do you think?
No, a 120mm rad will not fit next to the C14S.

Violent

Efficiency Noob
Nov 24, 2019
I'm looking forward to the next batch. As a newbie in the SFF community. What are the chances I actually am able to order this when it comes back up? Do they sell out in seconds ?

Reactions: smog4ik

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I'm looking forward to the next batch. As a newbie in the SFF community. What are the chances I actually am able to order this when it comes back up? Do they sell out in seconds ?
The last two rounds of preorders for V6 sold out in a few days, so you should have some time.

Would v6 owners be able to purchase the newer v6.1 sfx bracket when v6.1 is ready?
No plans to offer the brackets currently.