NCASE M1 V6 info

Driver187

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 29, 2019
Most of it is done, only the custom cables are missing.
For the pump, I've made my own 2 meter SATA powercable

shukero

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 10, 2019
Not sure about b) or c), can check d) later... as for a) though, I don't think that would fit - a 25mm fan on it's own would just about fit, but is difficult to impossible to fit with the front panel audio cable connected. A 15mm on its own would probably be fine, but I think the 30mm rad would be a complete non-starter in an unmodded case with the sound card attached.

Would you be able to provide pictures of how 120mm fans fit / don't fit? I'm interested in putting in 2 normal 120mml fans at the bottom of the case with the crosshair viii impact; and I wanted to know if I could even screw in one side of the fan. I never use the front audio, so I'll probably just remove it lol.

Also, I was wondering if you could provide an update on the original SO-DIMM question, as I'm interested in using a side mounted 240mm AIO, but don't know if that would interfere with the SO-DIMM card. my AIO's radiator/fan thickness is ~55mm (~2.25in)

Thanks!
~Shukero

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Anyone of you problems mounting the noctua c14s on a Asus b450i? The brackets that will hold the cooler are too short and therefore the screws cant go straight in. All the pictures and item numbers for the am4 installation are right and the b450i is compatible with the c14s...

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Sep 30, 2019
@Hyper - are you saying you're having issues trying to get the C14s cooler onto the brackets on the Asus strix B450-i board? I used the AM4 grey plastic standoffs and then mounted the C14s with no issues at all. The metal brackets go with the curve of them facing inwards toward the CPU and then the C14s just fits right on top. This puts the orientation of the cooler either facing right or left, and not up / down. Unless I'm not understanding your question?

QuasarKiller

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 12, 2019
Is there a status on the Windowed Side Panel? I don’t really want to buy the case until there is a confirmed Windowed Panel. Thanks in advance!

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
@Hyper - are you saying you're having issues trying to get the C14s cooler onto the brackets on the Asus strix B450-i board? I used the AM4 grey plastic standoffs and then mounted the C14s with no issues at all. The metal brackets go with the curve of them facing inwards toward the CPU and then the C14s just fits right on top. This puts the orientation of the cooler either facing right or left, and not up / down. Unless I'm not understanding your question?
Apparantly i don't have the am4 kit, which SHOULD HAVE BEEN included with the c14s... So I'm very frustrated, but the pc is nicely running, again, on the tornado stock cooler until I get the free kit from noctua.

munozyoshi

What's an ITX?
Oct 12, 2019
Unrelated to the current topic, but since I've seen some of you mention the Crosshair Viii Impact, does anyone know if this board supports the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler? Does it have enough clearance if used with the m.2 daughter board? Sorry for going off topic here, but I want to pick up the board from Amazon.

I plan to use my existing parts along with a 3900x that's been sitting for almost 2 months waiting for the release of this motherboard.

Reactions: Rolling9Deep

IncredibleGonzo

Chassis Packer
Oct 3, 2019
Would you be able to provide pictures of how 120mm fans fit / don't fit? I'm interested in putting in 2 normal 120mml fans at the bottom of the case with the crosshair viii impact; and I wanted to know if I could even screw in one side of the fan. I never use the front audio, so I'll probably just remove it lol.

Also, I was wondering if you could provide an update on the original SO-DIMM question, as I'm interested in using a side mounted 240mm AIO, but don't know if that would interfere with the SO-DIMM card. my AIO's radiator/fan thickness is ~55mm (~2.25in)

Thanks!
~Shukero
Oh, sorry, forgot to come back on this, I'll try to remember to check the SO-DIMM this evening. As for the fans, I'm afraid I won't be able to take a pic unless I can find a spare 120mm lying around somewhere as I've got everything screwed in and don't want to have to pull it all apart. As far as I could tell when I checked before though, without the audio connected it shouldn't be too much trouble getting it in - possibly the power button/LED connection could be an issue but not sure. It'll butt up against the audio card but should fit without too much difficulty.

Paradyme

Chassis Packer
Oct 10, 2019

Thanks!
~Shukero

Pending further information from an actual motherboard owner, I have done a lot of measuring of my empty case and researching.
This is what I'm working off so far:
  • There is almost exactly 25mm from the bottom of the case to where the motherboard would end. I'm 95% sure you can fit the fans in, and run the vertical front panel cables behind the edge of the fan (see next point)
  • There is almost exactly 20mm clearance from the edge of the where the 120mm fans would mount to the edge of the case. The motherboard standoffs are 8mm tall, and assuming a standard 6-layer PCB thickness of 1.6mm, you have about 10mm from the surface/edge of the motherboard to the side of the fans (or radiator in my case)
  • The sound card heat spreader is either level or .5mm higher than the PCI-E lane, which is 11.5mm height (based on PCI-E standard). This gives a total case standoff height of around 22m - so the heat spreader would stick out 2mm just above your fans.
  • For further clearance, you could mount the fans on one side only, in the outside/140mm? holes. This is probably what I'll have to do with the radiator + fans in order to clear the sound card heat spreader on the Impact
  • There is about the width of a PCI-E slot clearance between the PCI-E lane and the bottom of the side fan/radiator mount. Given that in all pictures I've seen the SO-DIMM expansion card rests on the graphics card, I'm 95% sure there is enough room for a standard AIO kit - but the radiator can't be more than about 125mm wide (maybe 130mm at a pinch). So no HWlabs radiators for me :(
Will provide confirmation on these points as my build progresses.

Reactions: shukero

Hixbot

Cable Smoosher
Aug 20, 2019
My front IO panel came with two little dents along the bottom edge. Anyone else have this issue? Still trying to decide if I care enough to raise a ticket.