NCASE M1 V6 info

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
i can confirm that putting two SSDs in the front outside is very hard to archive. If u use the optical drive bay, they touch the front cover and cause s small gap.

Even if you use only the SSDs with the stacking bracket and clamp it to the front, it will touch the front panel

the only way i see is to mount one in the inside and one on the outside on the optical drive bay... unfortunately, this istn possible for me because of my SATA power cable ... the SSD on the inside is to close to the case, i cant plug it in.

hendo9

Cable Smoosher
Sep 21, 2019
i can confirm that putting two SSDs in the front outside is very hard to archive. If u use the optical drive bay, they touch the front cover and cause s small gap.

Even if you use only the SSDs with the stacking bracket and clamp it to the front, it will touch the front panel

the only way i see is to mount one in the inside and one on the outside on the optical drive bay... unfortunately, this istn possible for me because of my SATA power cable ... the SSD on the inside is to close to the case, i cant plug it in.

The blue ssd looks thicker than the other one? Could that be why?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015

Try using a single 2.5" stacking bracket on the side furthest from the front panel angled bend. I think that should fit. This is something I overlooked though, unfortunately (I tested with a 15.5mm thick 2.5" drive, rather than a pair of 7mm stacked drives, neglecting to take the brackets into account), and will need to fix in a future revision.

Can you show a picture of the second problem you mention though? The inside-front 2.5" mount should fit by itself without issue.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I was able to fit 2 SSDs at the front with only a slight gap. See pictures.

That's the unintended mounting, though clearly it still works. Have you tried double-stacking using the ODD bracket and a single stacking bracket on the right side? You may be able to eliminate any contact with the front panel that way.

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
i mounted my two SSDs the same way as @knewt ... if you use the optical drive bracket and only one SSD stacking bracket on the left side, it will still create a gap. You only need to change the ODD bracket in a future revision, the SSDs must move to the right a little bit :) (if you do so, maybe you could make it available separately)

@Necere for the second "problem": it is not a problem of the case, more of the PSU SATA power connector ... it's wrong angled. You could include a woraround if the SSD on th einside would be more on the right side, where the cutout is ... i hope you understand what i mean. I assebled everything already, but if you really need a picture i can recreate the not working config tomorrow :)

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
i mounted my two SSDs the same way as @knewt ... if you use the optical drive bracket and only one SSD stacking bracket on the left side, it will still create a gap. You only need to change the ODD bracket in a future revision, the SSDs must move to the right a little bit :) (if you do so, maybe you could make it available separately)
But what about a single stacking bracket on the right side? Or is that what you meant? I understand the bracket on the left conflicts with the angled bend on the front panel, but without it the two drives might still work. Also make sure the drives are no more than 7mm thick, and you're using the more closely spaced holes on the stacking bracket.

@Necere for the second "problem": it is not a problem of the case, more of the PSU SATA power connector ... it's wrong angled. You could include a woraround if the SSD on th einside would be more on the right side, where the cutout is ... i hope you understand what i mean. I assebled everything already, but if you really need a picture i can recreate the not working config tomorrow :)
What PSU and drive are you using that had this problem? It seems to work fine with the parts I have on hand, but there may be some variation in connectors/connector location on the drive that I haven't taken into account.

Last edited:

enzo

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 1, 2019
My Black V6 just arrived in Brisbane.

Has the pinching on the front IO panel but not noticeable unless you're looking.

Nice. Awesome to see the footprint smaller than my work Lenovo P50.

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
But what about a single stacking bracket on the right side? Or is that what you meant? I understand the bracket on the left conflicts with the angled bend on the front panel, but without it the two drives might still work. Also make sure the drives are no more than 7mm thick, and you're using the more closely spaced holes on the stacking bracket.

What PSU and drive are you using that had this problem? It seems to work fine with the parts I have on hand, but there may be some variation in connectors/connector location on the drive that I haven't taken into account.

sorry my fault ... i meant on the rigth side, not left. So again: 2 SSDs with the stacking bracket on the right side (so more in the middle of the case) using the holes which are closer to each other but this sandwich on the ODD bracket = gap

and the same, but without ODD bracket = no gap

problem 2: i see what u did there .. u mounted it upside down, i mounted it with the connectors to the top :D ... will try your solution right after work!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Anyone here is moving his system unchanged from a v5 to a v6?
I ask because I am curious to know the amount of (air) cooling improvement brought to the table by this version 6.

Moondragon

Cable Smoosher
Jul 15, 2019
The power cable is a custom length for the M1, but otherwise similar to the cables used by other SFF manufacturers in some of their cases (Fractal and Silverstone come to mind). Main thing is to make sure the C13 (end that plugs into the PSU) is low profile enough and the C14 (other end) has the correct mounting ears for the M1 (fairly standard, so shouldn't be difficult).

I've sent w360 a message about restocking the power cables on SFFLab, but as yet he hasn't gotten back to me.

I‘m very interested in a power cable that’s angled the other way as well. I was trying to find something similar on Amazon or eBay ect. but didn’t find anything that’s low profile enough.

Kyndylan

Efficiency Noob
Oct 11, 2019
Does anyone know when the silver v6 might be back in stock or available to pre-order? Currently SFFLab says "the next batch of Black color M1 *might* be restocked in December, no promises", but makes no reference to the silver.

Reactions: rjeftw

draic

Chassis Packer
Feb 7, 2018
Does anyone know when the silver v6 might be back in stock or available to pre-order? Currently SFFLab says "the next batch of Black color M1 *might* be restocked in December, no promises", but makes no reference to the silver.

FAQ

Q: When can I order the M1 V6?

A: Next availability is TBD (est. January)