NCASE M1 V6 info

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
My NCASE just arrived, and I'm shocked!

Generally the Post Office in South Africa is really bad. I've waited 3-6 months for some of the things I've backed through Kickstarter.

I paid $80 for the EMS shipping option (The only one that was available), and then another $16 in duties when it was delivered to my offices.

I'm going to post videos for my entire build, which I'm planning for the end of the year (Black Friday purchases). I can't wait till then to unbox the case and check it's all okay, so I'll do that over the weekend.

If there's anything you would like me to show in the video, or measure, then let me know. I'll try and post it next week.

Reactions: Sdedarally

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Here are pics of my build:

C14S with Accelero III on the 1080 Ti. Bottom 120mm fans are exhaust, rear is intake, and cpu fan is exhaust towards the side panel. GPU is undervolted to 925 mV, 1900 MHz. Really quiet when playing FFXIV on max settings, 1440p Ultrawide. Getting about 90-100 fps with hardly any fan noise at all and gpu ~66 deg C max at 35% fan speed. Plenty of gentle warm heat coming out though. Case warms up but doesn't get hot.

You have a very nice looking build. I think this is the first I've seen one with an SFX power supply at the new position. It looks good there and routing Corsair's sleeved cables from that position looks good too. I also notice that with the Noctua NH-C14S there is room on the rear panel for a 25 mm thick fan. This is an improvement compared to the discontinued NH-C14. With that older model there was only room for a slim fan. Thanks for posting such nice photos.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
You have a very nice looking build. I think this is the first I've seen one with an SFX power supply at the new position. It looks good there and routing Corsair's sleeved cables from that position looks good too. I also notice that with the Noctua NH-C14S there is room on the rear panel for a 25 mm thick fan. This is an improvement compared to the discontinued NH-C14. With that older model there was only room for a slim fan. Thanks for posting such nice photos.
Check out this build I found on reddit @Qrash, he front mounted the PSU with a NH-U9s. Not sure why but cable management looks really good in that orientation.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Check out this build I found on reddit @Qrash, he front mounted the PSU with a NH-U9s. Not sure why but cable management looks really good in that orientation.

You're right, that's very tidy cable management. Link to the Google Photos page for the build. You know it's good when you're wondering "where are all the cables?"

The new front mounting for an SFX power supply leaves a big gap between it and the motherboard. It makes the M1 look spacious. Could this be the new preferred location for a pump/reservoir combo?

Reactions: rfarmer

Korath

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019
Wow that new front mounting looks like it gives loads of extra room! Will be trying that when I get my case (which is still being dealt with in customs atm).

edit: Oh actually looking again you wouldn't be able to put a 240mm rad/fan in there with the PSU in the way so maybe not.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Wow that new front mounting looks like it gives loads of extra room! Will be trying that when I get my case (which is still being dealt with in customs atm).

edit: Oh actually looking again you wouldn't be able to put a 240mm rad/fan in there with the PSU in the way so maybe not.

In the past a few people have placed slim 240 radiators on the bottom of the case. Now, the V6 has a more open bottom and taller feet so this may be more practical.

Note: I have ZERO experience with custom liquid cooling.

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
I got my case this morning, yay! Unfortunately mine has some scratches on the top panel, but other than that all seems to be ok. I've contacted SFF Labs directly in the hope that they can send me out a replacement top panel ASAP. Cant wait to get building in it this weekend!

@Necere - I just wanted to say a huge thank you. The Ncase M1 is what truly started the premium ITX gaming cases trend, and without it I'm sure we wouldn't be seeing the likes of the Dan and Ghost ect. Your continued passion for this project is very much appreciated. Keep up the good work sir!

let me know what they say! Mine had a defect as well and I emailed Them with photos but no answer yet.

C3N0B1T3

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
let me know what they say! Mine had a defect as well and I emailed Them with photos but no answer yet.
Will do. I know they only review emails every couple of days or so. I'm not expecting a response until next week at the earliest.

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
It's listed as compatible based off dimensions. I was asking if anyone has tried to fit it and/or fit fans as well. I just wanted to hear anyone's experience. I was thinking of upgrading from my GTX 1080.
Well, I ordered the Sapphire Pulse and ended up returning it. It does not really fit, meaning there is no really a feasible way to get it inside the PCIe slot.
You can also check my post in the GPU thread.

Reactions: NeverBackDown

Kanelbulle

Chassis Packer
Sep 30, 2019
Superslow swedish Postnord estimate delivery tomorrow friday... i was expecting delivery wednesday, just hoping the wait is well worth it!

Reactions: knewt

knewt

Caliper Novice
Sep 4, 2019
Superslow swedish Postnord estimate delivery tomorrow friday... i was expecting delivery wednesday, just hoping the wait is well worth it!
Well lucky you.. I still havent gotten any update since "Customs inspection Oct/02/2019 12:20 MALMO SWEDEN". Nothing from PostNord yet. I would love to have it tomorrow!

How were you informed/updated?

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Will the 2080 super founders edition, a) fit in the case, and b) be sufficient in to cool itself?
Founder's/reference cards almost always fit easily, since they generally follow the standards for PCIe cards. It's only oversized AIB cards that are sometimes too large.

Cooling-wise it should be fine.

Reactions: KojimaDaGoat

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
What? Superslow you say? You haven’t had to deal with the Italian post.
On the tracking site it still says departed on sep 27th. Now there are only three possible options: 1) the package arrived but at the customs are processing one pack a day; 2) the office moved to the moon as @Warside said; 3) the package is being delivered on foot from Tw.

Reactions: galzy

Kanelbulle

Chassis Packer
Sep 30, 2019
Well lucky you.. I still havent gotten any update since "Customs inspection Oct/02/2019 12:20 MALMO SWEDEN". Nothing from PostNord yet. I would love to have it tomorrow!

How were you informed/updated?

Just enter your trackingnumber into Postnord site... if its not showing anything or not found your package has not yet landed in Sweden, if it says under custom inspection you just have to wait... for me just passing custom took 3 whole days !!! Have no idea what they did 3 days... probably drank tons of coffee

But if yours entered Oct/02/2019, expect it to be released 3 days later... Oct/05/2019 just look at my screenshot above, your should look the same once it starts to move (and expect to be knocked out cold from them import fees, yikes!)

Reactions: knewt

Kanelbulle

Chassis Packer
Sep 30, 2019
What? Superslow you say? You haven’t had to deal with the Italian post.
On the tracking site it still says departed on sep 27th. Now there are only three possible options: 1) the package arrived but at the customs are processing one pack a day; 2) the office moved to the moon as @Warside said; 3) the package is being delivered on foot from Tw.

My bad, i should have said slow... not superslow! I feel for you brother Italian post are turtle slow... i really laughed about your office moved to the moon! Sometimes i would like to think the old silk road would be quicker nowadays from asia to europe, camels carrying Ncases

But honestly, i guess it goes for all countries not too underdeveloped but if your tracking number shows it has left Taiwan and searching locally through postoffice tracking and nothing turns up its always still in the air... or stuck in some airport hub along the way waiting to be landed in your country

Looking at my tracking it took 7 days to reach Sweden, only after 7 days i could track it locally here through Postnord... and then it took 3 whole days to clear customs

Number: CCxxxxxxxTW
Package status: In transit
Destination:
2019-10-03 17:05, Sweden, Toftanäs, The shipment item is under transportation
2019-10-03 07:16, Sweden, UPK Malmö, The shipment item is under transportation
2019-09-30 11:28, Sweden, The shipment item is being customs cleared by us
2019-09-30 11:28, Sweden, UPK Malmö, The shipment item is under transportation
2019-09-23 15:19, Taiwan, The transport of the shipment item has started
Origin:
2019-09-30 11:28, 瑞典, 海關查驗, 留置原因:正在送驗
2019-09-30 11:28, 瑞典, 到達寄達國互換局
2019-09-24 09:05, 國際航空郵件科, 已出口-資料詳如右方, 目的國:瑞典, 目的互換局:MALMO, 總包號碼:185, 離開原寄國日期:20190926
2019-09-23 15:19, 基隆愛三路郵局, 交寄郵件, 目的國:瑞典, 郵路:航空
======================================