NCASE M1 V6 info

NeverBackDown

Caliper Novice
Jul 22, 2019
Quality overall is good. I do have the the front panel issue, but it's noticeable, but only if you look for it. If you're room isn't super bright, you would have trouble finding it.

My only other quality problem is when fully loaded, AIO, etc, the case seems to be oddly and ever so slightly twisted? It could just be because of how I built and squished everything. But the panels don't sit flush, mostly on the top. I ended up getting it to be 97% flush through lots of persuasions, but it did take about 20 minutes to get everything lined up right.

Only other thing I wish we could have had was all the panels being 2mm thick instead of just the top. Would reduce the flex in panels. So if you have a taller gpu the PCIe cables would be less likely to push the panels out of place as the added thickness would prevent it bowing out(and therefore popping the panel off). No biggie I worked around it.

@Necere do you know what USB type C this is? Is it Type C Gen 3.1? So 5gbps or 3.2 and 10gbps? Never saw it mentioned. I assume 5gbps though.

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
Thank you for the advise..
Got my case yesterday..
But still waiting for the availability of the asus x570 i gaming..
Asus is late with it’s boards as it is with rolling bios updates.

I ordered a x570 i on 22nd of September. On the site it said it should ship between 26 and 29. Since no news since then I contacted the support today. The guy said asus is late with delivering the boards to them, what a surprise.

btroy

Cable Smoosher
Aug 19, 2019
Looks great! What keyboard is that?

Thanks! It was part of a cheap but decently nice looking keyboard / mouse combo "good enough" for my uses at the moment from a company called Jellycomb. It's actually in the PCPartsPicker build list if you want the direct link (Amazon). The mouse is super underwhelming (luckily I have a different option) but the keyboard feels pretty good. Not a mechanical keyboard guy or anything (yet).

turke

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
Mine updated to at depot today and charges need to be paid. Rather than wait a million years for the snail mail I called Parcel Force and paid the charge, so hopefully mine will be here tomorrow. I had to pay £32.50 the same as some others but not the same as the lucky people who only had to pay £26 something. I dont get the difference here, sounds like the customs people are just making it up. Out of interest the people who have paid their customs value did you have the more expensive shipping? I opted for the cheapest available and my customs charge was £32.50. Wonder if the people who are paying less for customs are on the more expensive postage? I mean the ~£7 isnt enough to cry about, I'm simply interested.
What number did you ring?

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I didn´t have any news about the case since 26th of september, but now the tracking says it has passed customs. lets see if I can get it before friday!!

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
I didn´t have any news about the case since 26th of september, but now the tracking says it has passed customs. lets see if I can get it before friday!!
Lucky you. I guess Italy is gonna be the last country to get the cases. Yay, I love waiting an eternity ?

HZCH

Trash Compacter
Jul 21, 2018
Hello all ! Do you recon the availability of the V6 panels will be the same as the whole case ? Because I'm pretty sure my GPU would enjoy more fresh air than what it gets now (V3 panels).

darksilver

Cable Smoosher
Sep 10, 2019
Ncase has arrived in NZ.

Overall quality looks good, a few minor niggles. A small scratch on the top and a burr or two on panel ends/edges. The notches are there on the io panel but they are honestly unnoticeable, the scratch and burrs catch my eye more and are more annoying.

@Necere is there a reason the side panels stop 1mm before the top panel rather than flush? Seems a little odd when the front panel ends flush and then the sides drop 1mm.

I can't seem to upload photos unfortunately.

Warside

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2019
Lucky you. I guess Italy is gonna be the last country to get the cases. Yay, I love waiting an eternity ?

Don't worry. I've been informed that the Italian Customs office was relocated to the Moon. That's why we're waiting so long.

Reactions: HZCH

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
Someone received his case in Germany and has paid the tax? How much I do have to expect?
I got mine picked up by a friend today and I paid 40 € for customs in hannover. Its really hard that DHL charges you 34 € extra if they handle customs for you.

rdclsx

Case Bender
New User
Sep 16, 2019
I've got dual NF-A 12x25 on the bottom of my case. The Noctua Silicon mounts work to keep them on place but it blocks the dust filter.

Should I instead just use the Thread Cutting Flat Heads supplied with the case or the Noctua ones supplied with the fans? Thanks!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Only other thing I wish we could have had was all the panels being 2mm thick instead of just the top.
I actually got a prototype with all four panels in 2mm, but the extra thickness resulted in some minor deformation at the corners on the front panel bends (pic) that I wasn't happy with.

@Necere do you know what USB type C this is? Is it Type C Gen 3.1? So 5gbps or 3.2 and 10gbps? Never saw it mentioned. I assume 5gbps though.
The cable should support whatever your motherboard supports.

Reactions: NeverBackDown

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere is there a reason the side panels stop 1mm before the top panel rather than flush? Seems a little odd when the front panel ends flush and then the sides drop 1mm.
The panels are all the same height, and should actually stop a little below the top panel (~0.5mm). Your side panels may just be sitting a little low. The clip mounting allows for a small amount of vertical adjustability so you should be able to get it a little more in line with the front.

Reactions: C3N0B1T3 and Haas

NeverBackDown

Caliper Novice
Jul 22, 2019
I actually got a prototype with all four panels in 2mm, but the extra thickness resulted in some minor deformation at the corners on the front panel bends (pic) that I wasn't happy with.

The cable should support whatever your motherboard supports.
Was the deformation a result of added thickness or a bad manufacturing run since it was a prototype? Just curious.

Also thank you for the USB reply. I can say it is definitely supporting my Asus z370i 3.1 Gen 2.

WingmanNZ

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 11, 2019
My case arrived today in New Zealand!

Super impressed with the case and it's build quality.

I need to wait till after work to start my build, but here are some pictures of unboxing :)

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Was the deformation a result of added thickness or a bad manufacturing run since it was a prototype? Just curious.
It was just because of the material thickness. On these tight bends, the inside of the bend compresses the material, while the outside is stretched. This results in the inner edge bulgiing slightly at the corners, while the outside pulls in slightly (pic from another angle). This occurs with the regular 1.5mm sheet as well, but it's more noticeable at 2mm. Not much that can be done about it.

Reactions: NeverBackDown