NCASE M1 V6 info

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
I am not sure anymore that I really need a case. She's doin just fine:
Naked testing of my ITX-System
My build has been running naked for the last 2 weeks. Put a piece of cardboard under the mobo to relieve the Samsung 970 evo plus in the back, since I have the m.2 860 evo on the front. Made a custom wooden block to support the strix rx 5700xt. That thing is too heavy otherwise...

NeverBackDown

Caliper Novice
Jul 22, 2019
Has anyone who has received the case and built in it, tried fitting the Sapphire 5700/xt pulse in the case with 15mm or 25mm fans underneath?

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
Has anyone who has received the case and built in it, tried fitting the Sapphire 5700/xt pulse in the case with 15mm or 25mm fans underneath?
Are you sure the Sapphire will fit? It is also tall at the back (I have the PowerColor which is 3mm lower, and also narrower, and it was a tight fit, and had to insert it angled in order to be able to physically get it in the PCIe slot). And even if it does fit, I really doubt you can fit the fans there, as you must fit them after the card is already in.

imom

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 29, 2019
Hi, new member, I tried searching this thread for matx support and I've read custom mod to make it fit, but any chance to rotate the sfx power supply 90 degrees to accommodate matx motherboard?

I understand that V6 is already sent to vendor for fab, but just looking for options to buy a case like this one and have future options of different pc builds. And finally if the sfx mount can be rotated 90 degrees...can it face outward to the front of the case and pull in fresh air instead of internal? Would be great to have both options. Thank you.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hi, new member, I tried searching this thread for matx support and I've read custom mod to make it fit, but any chance to rotate the sfx power supply 90 degrees to accommodate matx motherboard?

I understand that V6 is already sent to vendor for fab, but just looking for options to buy a case like this one and have future options of different pc builds. And finally if the sfx mount can be rotated 90 degrees...can it face outward to the front of the case and pull in fresh air instead of internal? Would be great to have both options. Thank you.
Standard MicroATX is 244x244mm, which is physically impossible to fit inside the M1 - that's larger than the entire chassis in one dimension (240mm). The absolute maximum size a board can be in the M1's height dimension is 226mm. Coincidentally, there are a small number of in-between size boards - usually with two or three expansion slots, rather than four - that are right around that size. Unfortunately, these tend to be lower end, budget boards, so unless you really need an extra expansion slot, they're not really worth it. You can find an older thread discussing mATX in the M1 here.

This board, which someone has fit in the M1, is something of an exception to the low end-only rule.

NeverBackDown

Caliper Novice
Jul 22, 2019
Are you sure the Sapphire will fit? It is also tall at the back (I have the PowerColor which is 3mm lower, and also narrower, and it was a tight fit, and had to insert it angled in order to be able to physically get it in the PCIe slot). And even if it does fit, I really doubt you can fit the fans there, as you must fit them after the card is already in.

It's listed as compatible based off dimensions. I was asking if anyone has tried to fit it and/or fit fans as well. I just wanted to hear anyone's experience. I was thinking of upgrading from my GTX 1080.

imom

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 29, 2019
Standard MicroATX is 244x244mm, which is physically impossible to fit inside the M1 - that's larger than the entire chassis in one dimension (240mm). The absolute maximum size a board can be in the M1's height dimension is 226mm. Coincidentally, there are a small number of in-between size boards - usually with two or three expansion slots, rather than four - that are right around that size. Unfortunately, these tend to be lower end, budget boards, so unless you really need an extra expansion slot, they're not really worth it. You can find an older thread discussing mATX in the M1 here.

This board, which someone has fit in the M1, is something of an exception to the low end-only rule.

Thank you for the reply. One other question... how difficult or would this be possible for the M1 be used in horizontal position instead of vertical standing as it is now? It seems like a very versatile case and I like to have the option to turn it into HTPC in the future with custom front cover plate. I did this with my last HTPC case made the front out of wood.

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Thank you for the reply. One other question... how difficult or would this be possible for the M1 be used in horizontal position instead of vertical standing as it is now? It seems like a very versatile case and I like to have the option to turn it into HTPC in the future with custom front cover plate. I did this with my last HTPC case made the front out of wood.
There's nothing stopping you from turning it on its side, and it will work fine (assuming the PSU is mounted so the fan faces up). It's just not going to look as good since it was designed to stand up.

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
I'm in Germany, and the tracking shows the following:

This shipment will be handed over the local Customs Office. The consignee will be notified by DHL- Deutsche Post in writing with instructions how, and where, the shipment can be collected. Further information: ww.zoll.de. Select: "Postal Consignments" and then "Procedures"

Edit: Extra info from Customs page:

Carriage of postal consignments by a courier service
Courier services carry out customs processing on behalf of declarants and/or addressees. You can inform yourself of the procedure and the amount of any charges that are made for provision of the service from the general conditions of trade of the relevant courier service provider. In the majority of cases consignments are delivered to addressees by the courier service’s delivery agents, provided they do not contain any goods that are the subjects of bans or restrictions, and do not require special formalities. Any duties that are payable and courier service company’s charges are usually collected by the delivery agent. Whether there is any duty payable, and the amount of such duty, depends on the value of the consignment. Consignments are not sent on to the customs office that is competent for the area where you live.

It is important that consignments do not contain any goods that are the subject of bans or restrictions or that require special formalities in terms of commercial policy measures or foreign trade legislation (authorisation requirements, for example).

So I should get it, and pay the taxes directly to DHL.

Last edited:

imom

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 29, 2019
There's nothing stopping you from turning it on its side, and it will work fine (assuming the PSU is mounted so the fan faces up). It's just not going to look as good since it was designed to stand up.

That I understand, but is there provision to put feet when it's on its side? I imagine that I could mod it so it could but will there be a new panel to cover up once was the bottom of the case to side panel? This is a feature request for perhaps maybe version 7 of the case. What is being designed and produced so far is very attractive and imagine for a higher end case.. the versatility will justify the price and being able to use the case again for various applications for future pc builds will really show its value.

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
My case resides a couple of miles away from me and should be delivered to my doorstep in hannover, germany on monday. Regular shipping.

I am absolutely excited and surprised by the fast shipping. Seems I dont get charged by customs too.
mine is in FFM IPZ (Frankfurt am Main, Internationales Postzentrum / International Postal Center)... awaiting shipping this week (Karlsruhe). Regular shipping, too :)

i know two ways to pay the customs here in Germany: a) pay them to the postman on delivery or when u collect it from the post office and b) collect the parcel from your local custom office and pay there

Last edited:

osff

Chassis Packer
Aug 22, 2019
mine is in FFM IPZ (Frankfurt am Main, Internationales Postzentrum / International Postal Center)... awaiting shipping this week (Karlsruhe). Regular shipping, too

same here (silver case), looking forward ?

Last edited:

jdlim07

Chassis Packer
Sep 16, 2019
Still waiting for my silver case and since its my off and got all my parts ready except the case decided to build it in a cardboard box and it worked! First time to build a pc, first time it wont post but just reseated the intel chip and it ran, also forgot to wipe my ssd with old windows but apparantly it works even with a new cpu and mobo lol

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Still waiting for my silver case and since its my off and got all my parts ready except the case decided to build it in a cardboard box and it worked! First time to build a pc, first time it wont post but just reseated the intel chip and it ran, also forgot to wipe my ssd with old windows but apparantly it works even with a new cpu and mobo lol
Good job man! It is advisable, though, to do a clean install via a bootdrive (you can also whipe the drive in the windows installation). Some drivers will conflict or give worse performance with some programs or new updates. Good luck finishing your build!

C3N0B1T3

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
To the UK guys; Are any of your cases stuck with the text "Your parcel is currently with the customs authorities and is being assessed for import duties and local taxes. These will be notified to the addressee and usually need to be paid prior to the parcel being delivered." please? Mine's been like that since Friday. If anyone has progressed past this point, please could you let me know how long it took you to get your letter from Customs, and if the website updated once they'd sent it to you? Also, how much did you have to pay please? Many thanks in advance.

Reactions: Titchiboi

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
i know two ways to pay the customs here in Germany: a) pay them to the postman on delivery or when u collect it from the post office and b) collect the parcel from your local custom office and pay there

I already got stuff that I had to pay, but also in different ways. I had to go to the post office once, and another time they delivered and I paid. I never know which is which.

Korath

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019
To the UK guys; Are any of your cases stuck with the text "Your parcel is currently with the customs authorities and is being assessed for import duties and local taxes. These will be notified to the addressee and usually need to be paid prior to the parcel being delivered." please? Mine's been like that since Friday. If anyone has progressed past this point, please could you let me know how long it took you to get your letter from Customs, and if the website updated once they'd sent it to you? Also, how much did you have to pay please? Many thanks in advance.

Yep :( Still waiting for customs since last Thursday. Was hoping for the customs letter on Friday/Saturday but never arrived, hoping it comes today.

26/9/201918:21International HubAwaiting Customs clearance