NCASE M1 V6 info

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
@Necere Alright, rereading your post while not being half-asleep...
You're right though - I should have kept my thoughts to myself, and just told that person to contact SFFLab support. Sorry, I'm still learning about doing customer support in a smart way. Clearly, I can be too honest for my own good.
That sarcasm was uncalled-for. Never did I suggest that you should resort to dishonesty — quite the opposite: my point was that if you simply explained that "sending out replacement plates for everyone who ordered a V6 would be very expensive for [NCASE]", people surely would react differently.

Reactions: Liming

Redux-Limited

Caliper Novice
Sep 1, 2019
My case resides a couple of miles away from me and should be delivered to my doorstep in hannover, germany on monday. Regular shipping.

I am absolutely excited and surprised by the fast shipping. Seems I dont get charged by customs too.

Ahhhhh I really hope so... I'm in Hamburg :)

I hope I don't have to pay customs as well, I'm in Frankfurt and the case it's literally in the airport 14km away from me but it says: "The international shipment has arrived at the import parcel center " So I still have to wait a couple of days I think.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere Alright, rereading your post while not being half-asleep...

That sarcasm was uncalled-for. Never did I suggest that you should resort to dishonesty — quite the opposite
I was never not honest, but apparently my attempt to put it in perspective (that it's a side effect of manufacturing and never an issue before) and offer them a remedy (contact support if you're not happy) gets characterized as "sweeping it under the rug" and "salesman verbiage," and have my ethics put into question. I have always tried to deal with people fairly and honestly. No amount of money is worth it to me if I can't sleep at night. I make it a point not to promote the M1, because even that to me feels sleazy and dishonest. Like, of course someone that's selling something will pretend to be your friend and talk up their product in an attempt to get you to buy it. Ever notice people selling stuff always attach a smiley to the end of their posts? Fuck that. I don't want to ever be a salesman. I try to make things that are good. If you like them, you can buy them. I try to treat people honestly and fairly - as I would want to be treated. That's it. Or maybe I'll take up kickboxing.

my point was that if you simply explained that "sending out replacement plates for everyone who ordered a V6 would be very expensive for [NCASE]", people surely would react differently.
That's our problem though, not the customer's. It feels manipulative to even mention that, like I'm hoping you'll give us a break out of sympathy.

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
I was never not honest, but apparently my attempt to put it in perspective (that it's a side effect of manufacturing and never an issue before) and offer them a remedy (contact support if you're not happy) gets characterized as "sweeping it under the rug" and "salesman verbiage," and have my ethics put into question. I have always tried to deal with people fairly and honestly. No amount of money is worth it to me if I can't sleep at night.
Just to clarify: I also never implied that you are trying to deceive anyone. And, to avoid any further misunderstandings, let's just forget about that, my dude. No offense was ever intended.

I'm still waiting for my M1, but I expect it to arrive in a day or two.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
@Necere I was letting it go but your response now is much different and clearer than before. I’m not repeating what I said again. There are ways to go about resolving the issues. I hope you can find a resolution that satisfies the “few”.

I appreciate your constant honesty through it all, truly.

Reactions: C3N0B1T3

legit

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
My silver M1 hasn't even left Taiwan yet. And that's being one of the first batch pre ordered cases that went up on the site.

Same. For comparing notes, might help for folks to explain color, destination, and method of shipping they purchased.

Silver, USA, cheapest method. Still TBD.

hendo9

Cable Smoosher
Sep 21, 2019
That's the slim optical disc drive tray, which requires the optional ODD top panel to access (unless you don't mind taking the regular top panel off every time you want to insert a disc). It also has mounting holes for a 2.5" drive, which you can use instead of an ODD.
Can two slim 2.5" drives be stacked on top of each other in this location? I've seen builds where this has been done. Does the case come with the brackets that enables one to do this? Thanks

Dries

Caliper Novice
Aug 3, 2019
Actually, the worst case is 9 days later since the slow method takes max 3 week (21 days). And in the best case you still the case two days earlier with the slow method working at its best. You still can't see the difference?
And this difference now is negligible due to the chaotic shipping logistics from the factory.
I guess it comes down to if they state 1-3 weeks they mean caldender days not?. 1 week = 5 business days. Hence my assumption.
But indeed the sending seems chaotic, if you read that people who have ordered in July are still waiting. I did order in august one of those free slots from the first batch. It is at customs, i hope they don't need their 20-25 buisness days as stated on the web site...

Last edited:

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
I was never not honest, but apparently my attempt to put it in perspective (that it's a side effect of manufacturing and never an issue before) and offer them a remedy (contact support if you're not happy) gets characterized as "sweeping it under the rug" and "salesman verbiage," and have my ethics put into question. I have always tried to deal with people fairly and honestly. No amount of money is worth it to me if I can't sleep at night. I make it a point not to promote the M1, because even that to me feels sleazy and dishonest. Like, of course someone that's selling something will pretend to be your friend and talk up their product in an attempt to get you to buy it. Ever notice people selling stuff always attach a smiley to the end of their posts? Fuck that. I don't want to ever be a salesman. I try to make things that are good. If you like them, you can buy them. I try to treat people honestly and fairly - as I would want to be treated. That's it. Or maybe I'll take up kickboxing.

That's our problem though, not the customer's. It feels manipulative to even mention that, like I'm hoping you'll give us a break out of sympathy.
My 8 year old game pc needed a big upgrade and since a year I was dead set on the discovered nich of the ncase! Im so excited! I understand your reactions and thoughts completely. Maybe it's my Dutch thinking, but people need to relax and not fall over small words and sentences that were somewhat misplaced and not well thought of, although I don't say they were not right (just other way of thinking). You made a wonderful product and, no matter the possible tiny faults, my build will me amazing because of you! The minor less imperfect detail was not your fault and, judging from the pictures, the few people that notice have the worst cutting imperfections on the i/o plate. I'll see for myself, but I know you are doing the best you can. For the record, I never reply this honest and long. Keep doing what you do man! 250 bucks with shipping (210 euro's) is way to much, but totally worth it.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Can two slim 2.5" drives be stacked on top of each other in this location? I've seen builds where this has been done. Does the case come with the brackets that enables one to do this? Thanks
Yes, there are a pair of small plates in one of the hardware bags. These are the 2.5" stacking brackets, which can be used to double-stack two 2.5" drives together. Inside the front panel (mounted to the ODD bracket) you're limited to 7mm drives. On the inside-front of the chassis, it's possible to stack one 9.5mm thick drive with a second drive of any thickness.

Note that because of the close proximity of the SATA power connectors, you may need cable extensions with with cables coming straight out of the connector.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
My 8 year old game pc needed a big upgrade and since a year I was dead set on the discovered nich of the ncase! Im so excited! I understand your reactions and thoughts completely. Maybe it's my Dutch thinking, but people need to relax and not fall over small words and sentences that were somewhat misplaced and not well thought of, although I don't say they were not right (just other way of thinking). You made a wonderful product and, no matter the possible tiny faults, my build will me amazing because of you! The minor less imperfect detail was not your fault and, judging from the pictures, the few people that notice have the worst cutting imperfections on the i/o plate. I'll see for myself, but I know you are doing the best you can. For the record, I never reply this honest and long. Keep doing what you do man! 250 bucks with shipping (210 euro's) is way to much, but totally worth it.
Thanks, I appreciate that.

Reactions: JPa and C3N0B1T3

JPa

Chassis Packer
Sep 16, 2019
I'm not sure if someone already asked this, but reading through 1000+ posts is rather tedious. But are we able to fit fans on the bottom half of the side panels (where the new airflow holes were added for v.6)? If so, how large? And how dependent on the GPU is it?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I'm not sure if someone already asked this, but reading through 1000+ posts is rather tedious. But are we able to fit fans on the bottom half of the side panels (where the new airflow holes were added for v.6)? If so, how large? And how dependent on the GPU is it?
There's no provision for mounting fans there. Physically there's enough space for 60 or 70mm fans, provided the GPU isn't much taller than reference (111mm).

Last edited:
Reactions: JPa

raymondzzd

Cable Smoosher
Aug 7, 2019
Sigh, mine shipped a day before yours and is still clearing customs...

Sept. 25
5:25 pm
Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
Richmond, BC

Sept. 24
8:34 am
International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
Twtpeb, Taiwan

Sept. 23
9:28 am
International item mailed in originating country
200450, Taiwan

Looks like we are in the same batch.
Sept. 282:30 pmItem was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
Richmond, BC
2:30 pmItem processed
Richmond, BC
Sept. 255:19 pmItem has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
Richmond, BC

Reactions: TheOnlyPan

TheOnlyPan

Caliper Novice
Jul 19, 2019
Looks like we are in the same batch.
Sept. 282:30 pmItem was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
Richmond, BC
2:30 pmItem processed
Richmond, BC
Sept. 255:19 pmItem has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
Richmond, BC

Hmm, yours already cleared customs... Just curious, which shipping option did you choose?

Liming

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 21, 2019
Silver, most expensive shipping, tbd still on shipping to USA.
Silver, Shenzhen of mainland China, TWPS AIR181 (least expensive shipping), the case arrived at Shenzhen post office last night.
I placed the order on July 22nd. Don't know when will I get it though.

Actually there was a post on a Chinese forum saying that always go for the least expensive shipping option on SFFLAB, as they make no meaningful difference. I guess we also learned that lesson now...