NCASE M1 V6 info

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
In regards to the glass window, is it going to be affixed to the case with screws that stick out, or is it going to be a flush solution like we have now with a piece of glass attached to a stock side panel?
The glass panel is w360's call - I'm not designing it. By his request V6 has M4 screw taps in the four corners of the chassis though, so it will probably be the former.

Commenting on the two approaches, I'll say they have their pros and cons; glass-on-panel would be thicker, and thus more noticeably not-flush with the front panel, vs. just glass with bolts.

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
It's gone awfully quiet in here since @Necere had his say. Have the uk guys had there cases released from customs? Mine says custom charges raised and then 2 hours later revised custom charges raised then released 2 minutes later. Just waiting for the letter now I guess ?

Stuman

Caliper Novice
Sep 5, 2019
mine still states waiting for customs clearance.

There was a second there where I thought I might get it early! still looks good to get it just before my 2 weeks holiday tho :)

….so, people,

PICTURES?

I want pictures.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hi, is there any chance the silver one will be restocked sometime in October?
No, not for cases ready-to-ship. Production has lead time of 6-8 weeks, and we haven't made a new order yet. Preorders are a possibility, but I don't like doing them, and it's clear that the organization isn't in place to manage them well such that people receive their case when they expect to relative to others (even if everyone is getting their cases much sooner than the stated delivery time frame).

SuperShires

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
Yep. Gets held in customs, they then snail mail you a bill, you can pay it online and then select preferred delivery date. IIRC you can't select weekend so I'm thinking it will be at least Monday before I get mine, assuming the customs charge letter is at home waiting for me. I'll update later once I get home.
Thanks for confirming. Yeah that seems stupid. Just call me and I will pay for it over then phone then crack on with delivering it! I bet they dont even snail mail it 1st class!
I rang Parcelforce earlier today because I wanted to see if I could pay straight away and get it delivered without fucking about. The woman on the other end stated you have to wait for the letter before payment...
It pretty much comes down to waiting for the letter to arrive then once you've got the bill you can pay, I'm unclear if while waiting for this letter they will send the case to the local depot so once I receive the letter I can go pick it up from the local depot rather than wait for them to send it from the international hub to the local depot.

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
@Necere The story so far:

1. A user points out there is a flaw.
It seems like a molding gate...?
2. You appear upset, and claim to be "not very happy about that".
It's from the NCT. I asked them to laser cut the front I/O plate, so not sure what happened there. Not very happy about that.
3. You promise to discuss the issue with W360.
That's something w360 and I will have to decide on.
4. You suddenly do a U-turn, and say you "wouldn't call it a defect". (Is that what you two have decided on?)
I wouldn't call it a defect, necessarily, just not what I intended. The chassis and all internal parts are made on the NCT, as was the front I/O bracket on previous versions, and no one ever complained about it. It's only the exterior panels that have had laser-cut edges. Realistically, most people will probably never notice any irregularities on the edges of the front I/O plate since it's a small area, black, and low on the case, unless they happened to be specifically looking for it.
5. You proceed to downplay the issue further, basically accuse your clients in looking for faults, and end the post with a somewhat passive-aggressive remark: those who are "truly not satisfied" may send you a picture, and maybe you'll consider doing something about it.
There's going to be some variation between cases, and it's likely that most people won't notice or be bothered by it - M1 V5 and earlier had an NCT'd front I/O bracket and no one took issue with it. I think part of it is just being the latest version people are scrutinizing it a little more closely.
You can always find faults if you go looking for them, but generally it's not likely to be noticeable beyond a couple feet with the case sat on a desk.

In any event, if you receive the case and are truly not satisfied with some part of it, you can contact SFFLab to see about getting a replacement part sent to you. We typically ask for a picture that shows the exact issue, and then evaluate it on a case-by-case basis.
6. People become agitated.

Do you see the pattern? Now, I can't speak for everyone, but I think that if you simply said what you did in post #1057 right away (instead of resorting to awkward damage control), there would be no uproar.

SuperShires

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
It's gone awfully quiet in here since @Necere had his say. Have the uk guys had there cases released from customs? Mine says custom charges raised and then 2 hours later revised custom charges raised then released 2 minutes later. Just waiting for the letter now I guess ?

If anyone in the UK is wondering, this is what my Parcelforce tracking looks like right now.

Reactions: Titchiboi

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere The story so far:

1. A user points out there is a flaw.

2. You appear upset, and claim to be "not very happy about that".

3. You promise to discuss the issue with W360.

4. You suddenly do a U-turn, and say you "wouldn't call it a defect". (Is that what you two have decided on?)

5. You proceed to downplay the issue further, basically accuse your clients in looking for faults, and end the post with a somewhat passive-aggressive remark: those who are "truly not satisfied" may send you a picture, and maybe you'll consider doing something about it.

6. People become agitated.

Do you see the pattern? Now, I can't speak for everyone, but I think that if you simply said what you did in post #1057 right away (instead of resorting to awkward damage control), there would be no uproar.
I wasn't very happy about it because it bothered me, as I said. It was a minor cosmetic improvement that I wanted for V6. But it's not a manufacturing defect, per se - it's a side effect of that specific manufacturing process. Were all M1s up to now defective because they were also made the same way? Or is it only defective because I wanted to change it this time and it wasn't?

You're right though - I should have kept my thoughts to myself, and just told that person to contact SFFLab support. Sorry, I'm still learning about doing customer support in a smart way. Clearly, I can be too honest for my own good.

C3N0B1T3

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
I wasn't very happy about it because it bothered me, as I said. It was a minor cosmetic improvement that I wanted for V6. But it's not a manufacturing defect, per se - it's a side effect of that specific manufacturing process. Were all M1s up to now defective because they were also made the same way? Or is it only defective because I wanted to change it this time and it wasn't?

You're right though - I should have kept my thoughts to myself, and just told that person to contact SFFLab support. Sorry, I'm still learning about doing customer support in a smart way. Clearly, I can be too honest for my own good.
Personally I like your honesty and passion for this project. After having bought a Ghost and having dealt with those bellends at Louqe, I’ve got to say Ncase / SFFLabs has been way more slick and professional.

YaolinY

Efficiency Noob
Sep 26, 2019
No, not for cases ready-to-ship. Production has lead time of 6-8 weeks, and we haven't made a new order yet. Preorders are a possibility, but I don't like doing them, and it's clear that the organization isn't in place to manage them well such that people receive their case when they expect to relative to others (even if everyone is getting their cases much sooner than the stated delivery time frame).
With regard to the last sentence in the statement. If everyone is getting the same fast delivery, what is the point of asking different prices for different shipping method? I paid the most expensive shipping option and now you are telling me where is no difference. For me personally it's unfair. I know you stated that you don't handle shipping, so I will take this to SFFLab custom support. I just want to state my two cents.

Reactions: ejd200

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
With regard to the last sentence in the statement. If everyone is getting the same fast delivery, what is the point of asking different prices for different shipping method? I paid the most expensive shipping option and now you are telling me where is no difference.
I am not telling you there is no difference. I don't know if there's a difference, or under what circumstances it comes into play. I'm just going off what people here on the forum have said.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
What’s in here...

I’ll open it after kids bedtime tonight :)

Reactions: Brude27 and rfarmer