Turbopenguin

Efficiency Noob
Sep 25, 2019
Got my tracking number this morning!
Order date - 9/13/19
Shipping method - USPS 3-12 days
Destination - South Florida, US

Tracking # says it is in Taiwan

Update: Mine is in New York now. Ordered the black case.

2019-09-27 06:42
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Facility -> Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 6:42 am on September 27, 2019.

2019-09-25 08:49
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

C3N0B1T3

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
I understand that, but that screw up isn't your fault or mine. We are waiting for cases while others who paid for basic shipping received theirs already.

We paid extra for the new changes to the v6 case and laser cut i/o was part of the changes. Basically why I don't want to hear about how the previous models had the NPT stamped ones. It doesn't matter. We didn't pay for that and Necere and W360 both know it. It is just easier to sweep it under the rug than actually give out shipping refunds and give out updated i/o. Ncase i'm sure is a great product, but the customer service is shady.

My reddit review will reflect that.
I'm sure if you contact SFFLabs they will sort this mistake. Especially if Lian Li didnt do what they asked. I've not seen anywhere yet that the Ncase or SFFLabs guys are not going to give replacement parts ect for faulty parts. I think @Necere was waiting to hear himself about what they plan to do?

Reactions: rfarmer

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
I'm sure if you contact SFFLabs they will sort this mistake. Especially if Lian Li didnt do what they asked. I've not seen anywhere yet that the Ncase or SFFLabs guys are not going to give replacement parts ect for faulty parts. I think @Necere was waiting to hear himself about what they plan to do?

Read post #1007. He did respond and in salesman verbiage swept it under the rug. His final response paragraph is to tell us to send in a complaint to SFFLABS and they will look at it on a per person basis to see if it is something they deem necessary to fix. That is not a solution to a problem. It is a business tactic to reroute customers through more hoops they need to jump through hoping people will give up long before ever starting to jump.

It is shady business tactics.

Andanzas

Efficiency Noob
Sep 25, 2019
I understand that, but that screw up isn't your fault or mine. We are waiting for cases while others who paid for basic shipping received theirs already.

We paid extra for the new changes to the v6 case and laser cut i/o was part of the changes. Basically why I don't want to hear about how the previous models had the NPT stamped ones. It doesn't matter. We didn't pay for that and Necere and W360 both know it. It is just easier to sweep it under the rug than actually give out shipping refunds and give out updated i/o. Ncase i'm sure is a great product, but the customer service is shady.

My reddit review will reflect that.

I've had to deal with customer service for my 4 x Ncase M1 V5 with SFFLab. They sent new parts promptly and were very helpful (Power button/usb died). The customer service was great (Only need your order # / proof of purchase). Great quality cases.

It would be nice to get a replacement front IO but honestly this is a thick plate, doesn't feel cheap at all and it wouldn't justify a return for me. I'll wait and see if they offer replacement plates.

We now have 6 of those and we are waiting for 3 more cases! (Just a proof of how satisfied we are with those).

Reactions: rfarmer

Andanzas

Efficiency Noob
Sep 25, 2019
Ohhhh yeah,

I'd like to add that I miss that nice black box I've received my 4 Ncase V5 in . The brown box doesn't feel as good during the unboxing ;)

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
I've had to deal with customer service for my 4 x Ncase M1 V5 with SFFLab. They sent new parts promptly and were very helpful (Power button/usb died). The customer service was great (Only need your order # / proof of purchase). Great quality cases.

It would be nice to get a replacement front IO but honestly this is a thick plate, doesn't feel cheap at all and it wouldn't justify a return for me. I'll wait and see if they offer replacement plates.

We now have 6 of those and we are waiting for 3 more cases! (Just a proof of how satisfied we are with those).

It would be nice to get the front i/o you originally paid for is what you meant to write. Your middle paragraph is the only one that matters here.

Reactions: C3N0B1T3

Andanzas

Efficiency Noob
Sep 25, 2019
Yes I do, but I'm ready to wait for SFFLab (where I bought my cases). I don't expect and/or want a replacement part right now if they are still not laser cuting it and/or haven't solved the problem.

Last edited:

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
I expect a replacement part since I paid for something different. I also expect a refund on the shipping difference since I did not get the shipping I paid for. For those that are happy and willing to look the other way, good for you. For me, I paid for an honest service and my card was charged IN FULL when I paid. Don't give me "from a few feet away...." and "there was a mix up at the factory...sorry".

Show you have an ethical backbone and say you will take care of the customers who helped sell out your preorders when you didn't even think it would get sold out. Shady.

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
Guys, the NCase M1 does not come from a big company. We are an enthusiast community helping each other. Yes, you pay for the product, but we also don't want to cause unnecessary losses for the ones who don't deserve it. After all, Necere helps us all with his design and efforts put into this project. So I don't think we should go guided here by some "principles" as "it's not what we paid for".

The M1 is a unique case, and it's a case to which we don't have a real alternative from bigger manufacturers. So we should keep that also in mind, and try to act as friends, and not as enemies.

Last edited:

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Just based on what I've read over the years from @Necere, I don't believe for one moment he would have let the M1 ship if he knew the front plates looked like that. The question becomes, what is Lian Li going to do about it, and how much say do W360 and Necere really have in the matter? LL already botched the shipping and I can almost guarantee their response is going to be "lol ok." Even if W360 and Necere want to refund the shipping, LL isn't going to do that. Then what? Ncase eats the cost for the LL screw up?

I'm a natural complainer so my cases arriving slowly gives me an opportunity to piss and moan like I always do, but I'm not even mad at Ncase. I'm mad at Lian Li.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
Guys, the NCase M1 does not come from a big company. We are an enthusiast community helping each other. Yes, you pay for the product, but we also don't want to cause unnecessary losses for the ones who don't deserve it. After all, Necere helps us all with his design and efforts put into this project. So I don't think we should go guided here by some "principles" as "it's not what we paid for".

The M1 is a unique case, and it's a case to which we don't have a real alternative from bigger manufacturers. So we should keep that also in mind, and try to act as friends, and not as enemies.

You sound Pretty naive and someone who has no idea how business works. Even still, you shouldn’t tell people how to feel about what they paid for and did not get.

Also, principles are great things to live by.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
Just based on what I've read over the years from @Necere, I don't believe for one moment he would have let the M1 ship if he knew the front plates looked like that. The question becomes, what is Lian Li going to do about it, and how much say do W360 and Necere really have in the matter? LL already botched the shipping and I can almost guarantee their response is going to be "lol ok." Even if W360 and Necere want to refund the shipping, LL isn't going to do that. Then what? Ncase eats the cost for the LL screw up?

I'm a natural complainer so my cases arriving slowly gives me an opportunity to piss and moan like I always do, but I'm not even mad at Ncase. I'm mad at Lian Li.

Ncase should have legal terminology in the contract for insurance with LL in the event they do not get what they paid for. This is why it does fall on Ncase. If they don’t then they knew that going in And that falls again on them. It should not fall on the consumer in the end which is the issue.

The consumer should not have to pay or settle due to manufacturing mistakes. That is weak minded thinking.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Frankly, I'm surprised you're trying to sweep it under the carpet. Not to be a jerk, but it seems that we paid so much money for not quite the case we were supposed to get, according to your own words. Not very happy about that, either.

That said, if Lian Li were clearly told about laser-cutting the I/O plate, yet didn't do as requested, wouldn't that mean the redress of grievances is on them?
I'm putting in perspective. For almost six years I've read posts, reviews, comments, and emails about the case and all the little problems people have had with it. Some people might only encounter one or two problems, many will never see any. But I'm aware of all of them. Some I was able to solve in previous revisions. V6 has been a long time coming, and represents my best effort to solve as many outstanding issues as I could. Ironically, it's the one thing no one has ever mentioned and that as far I knew - at least up until yesterday - only bothered me, that's suddenly become a big issue. It was such a minor thing that I didn't even include it in the change log. For five years no one says anything about it, now all of a sudden it gets all this attention? It seems out of proportion to the actual issue.

By the way, how come the first batch is being shipped simultaneously with the September one?
We doubled the production order so they were all manufactured in the same production run. Shipping for all preorders started as soon as production was finished.

My gut instinct is to be conservative and not order too many - especially with a significant revision like this - in case there are any batch-wide problems as that can be very expensive to solve. This is exactly the kind of scenario I was worried about. But the original order sold out in less than a week, production would take months and we wouldn't have stock again until some time after that, w360 was pressuring me to increase the order size, and we were getting constant questions about when preorders would open again. So I relented, and now the problem potentially twice as large as it would've been. Should've gone with my gut.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I paid for the fastest shipping and because of a mix up I am not receiving my case when I paid for it. @Necere when are those who paid for fastest shipping going to get refunded the difference for regular shipping?
I don't handle shipping at all. That's an issue you should take up with SFFLab.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Read post #1007. He did respond and in salesman verbiage swept it under the rug. His final response paragraph is to tell us to send in a complaint to SFFLABS and they will look at it on a per person basis to see if it is something they deem necessary to fix. That is not a solution to a problem. It is a business tactic to reroute customers through more hoops they need to jump through hoping people will give up long before ever starting to jump.

It is shady business tactics.
Look, I'll be totally honest with you: sending out replacement plates for everyone who ordered a V6 would be very expensive for us. We had no stock from May onward, so there was a lot of pent-up demand, and the preorders for V6 are equivalent to six months worth of sales in any other year. It's a lot of orders, and shipping these parts internationally - even as small as they are - will cost a lot. Up into the tens of thousands of dollars. So I want to make sure we're not just wasting a lot of time and money on something only a small number of people will ever care about.

Reactions: maelstromm and JPa

JPa

Chassis Packer
Sep 16, 2019
Look, I'll be totally honest with you: sending out replacement plates for everyone who ordered a V6 would be very expensive for us. We had no stock from May onward, so there was a lot of pent-up demand, and the preorders for V6 are equivalent to six months worth of sales in any other year. It's a lot of orders, and shipping these parts internationally - even as small as they are - will cost a lot. Up into the tens of thousands of dollars. So I want to make sure we're not just wasting a lot of time and money on something only a small number of people will ever care about.

Is it possible to be able to get one of these if we order like the upcoming glass panel or ODD top panel? (Like include it in the order so shipping isn't insane?)

Totally get why it's not feasible to give everyone replacements.

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
In regards to the glass window, is it going to be affixed to the case with screws that stick out, or is it going to be a flush solution like we have now with a piece of glass attached to a stock side panel?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Is it possible to be able to get one of these if we order like the upcoming glass panel or ODD top panel? (Like include it in the order so shipping isn't insane?)

Totally get why it's not feasible to give everyone replacements.
I don't know how feasible that is, tbh. Combined shipping isn't something SFFLab does, because items are prepackaged for shipment at the factory - there's no packaging for shipment after that by either LL or TWPS.

BTW, if it sounds like I'm being noncommittal in any of this, it's because 1) we need to wait for more for more information as more people get their cases, 2) I don't have the final say on what action to take. W360 has been in China for the past several months working on his various other projects, and I'm in the US, so the timezone differences give us limited opportunities to communicate. As it is, we've only spoken briefly about this.

Reactions: C3N0B1T3