NCASE M1 V6 info

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019

It seems that Asus x570-i wont have 20 pin type-e usb for front panel, impact would, but its definitely too fat on the bottom to fit-in with bottom rad. ASrock and gigabyte just are bad.

This will be hard to decide what to do.

The new case is ordered anyways.

I don't know about the Asrock itx board yet, but the Gigabyte itx board is really solid with some of the best bios updates so far. It isn't bad by any means unless you want to use two m.2s.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
I really want the tempered glass panel, but its seems like a silly idea to order V6 now and TG panel in Q4 2019 and pay double shipping/custom fees (Im from EU)

Can anyone tell me if it will be possible to order both the V6 + TG panel in 1 combined order if I wait it out till Q4 2019 when TG panels are supposed to be released?

Hope my question is understandable :D

I already bought a used V5 with a TG panel, but its not a 100% complete kit and I wouldnt mind supporting ncase by ordering a V6, but yea double shipping/custom is strectching it, when i already have the V5

You cannot order the V6 + TG panel in one combination currently. You can wait it out until the end of the year and the option may become available.

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018

It seems that Asus x570-i wont have 20 pin type-e usb for front panel, impact would, but its definitely too fat on the bottom to fit-in with bottom rad. ASrock and gigabyte just are bad.

This will be hard to decide what to do.

The new case is ordered anyways.

Is the type E usb that much of a deal breaker?

I just order my N1 Mcase.
But I wonder if the mini-DTX can fit into the case or not?
I am looking at ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Impact.

Updated:
Just read the above messages from others.
It seems to be many people will go for ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Impact.

There are total 4 nos. of X570 motherboard, 1 from ASRock, 2 from ASUS and 1 from GIGABYTE.

I have done some research. For people who are interested in AMD with X570 MB can read below.
Not guarantee all information is correct. (It will be nice if you can correct me.)

ManufacturerASRockASUSASUSGIGABYTE
MotherboardPhantom Gaming ITX/TB3ROG Strix X570-I GamingROG Crosshair VIII ImpactX570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
SizeMini-ITXMini-ITXMini-DTXMini-ITX
VRM Phase Design6+2 Phase Design8+2 Phase Design8+2 Phase Design6 phase (for vCore), 70A
Displayport1101
HDMI1102
AudioALC1220S1220AS1220ALC1220
WiFiYesYesYesYes
PCIe 4.01111
M.21222
SATA4444
USB 3.1 Gen 14646
USB 3.1 Gen 23462
USB Type C1111
Fan Headers3353
Thunderbolt 31NoNoNo
Inbuilt I/O Shield FanYes (Not directly)Yes (1)Yes (2)No
ProsThunderbolt 3, Optical sound output8+2 VRM,
Plenty of USB 3.1 Gen1/2 ,
Dual M.2
8+2 VRM,
Plenty of USB 3.1 Gen1/2,
Dual M.2,
Optical sound output
Dual M.2
ConsSingle M.2, Little Type A USB,
Using Intel 115x cooling
No optical sound output,
no USB Type-C internal header
Not on board dual M.2Only 2 USB 3.1 Gen2,
No Inbuilt Fan,
No optical sound output
Motherboard WebsiteASrockASUSASUSGigabyte
Price (Newegg)239.99

Nicely done.

May be worth putting on the B450's ones in too?

I really want the tempered glass panel, but its seems like a silly idea to order V6 now and TG panel in Q4 2019 and pay double shipping/custom fees (Im from EU)

Can anyone tell me if it will be possible to order both the V6 + TG panel in 1 combined order if I wait it out till Q4 2019 when TG panels are supposed to be released?

Hope my question is understandable :D

I already bought a used V5 with a TG panel, but its not a 100% complete kit and I wouldnt mind supporting ncase by ordering a V6, but yea double shipping/custom is strectching it, when i already have the V5

It's understandable with myself being from the UK, but whilst TG is nice, doesn't do great for airflow and in these types of cases IMO you need every advantage you can get.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Did the pre-order allocations for the silver v6 really fill up? or is it an error with the site.
Silver has in fact sold out. It seems I may have slightly underestimated demand with my earlier statements...

Nevertheless, once the rest of the black models are spoken for we're planning to increase the size of the order and re-open preorders a week or so later. This second group of preorders may ship a little later than the first (TBD).

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
I’m so glad that I preordered it on day 1 ?

Wasn’t sure if get the Ghost S1 or this one but in the end went with the Ncase because the Ghost still has issues, people waiting for rma and some other problems.

I don’t have it yet but I’m already super happy with my purchase. This is gonna be my first PC (till now I’ve been only using laptops) so I wanted it to be something special. Plus this one is way cheaper. Only €220. So it’s a win win.

Reactions: iso982

turke

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
Silver has in fact sold out. It seems I may have slightly underestimated demand with my earlier statements...

Nevertheless, once the rest of the black models are spoken for we're planning to increase the size of the order and re-open preorders a week or so later. This second group of preorders may ship a little later than the first (TBD).

My Card (UK) keeps getting declined, why's that? Not going to be too happy if I miss out on first batch if my card is getting declined for no reason. Yes, I do have sufficient funds

jagernaut

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 21, 2019

@Necere Since the silver one sold out, does this mean I have to pre order to get them?

I was under the impression that there will be a surplus of stock for those who can't catch the pre order schedule or just want to buy things without the wait for the production time.

turke

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
I have contacted my bank, there's no block on my card. The issue seems to be with SFFLabs.

I have gotten 4 different error messages (in this order)

1. Card has been declined
2. Payment methodhas been declined
3. No Match
4. There was an issue processing your payment. Try again or use a different payment method.

Edit: I had to get my friend with a completely different bank to pay. Not sure why it didn't like mine.

Last edited:

cklasac

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
I have contacted my bank, there's no block on my card. The issue seems to be with SFFLabs.

I have gotten 4 different error messages (in this order)

1. Card has been declined
2. Payment methodhas been declined
3. No Match
4. There was an issue processing your payment. Try again or use a different payment method.

Edit: I had to get my friend with a completely different bank to pay. Not sure why it didn't like mine.

I had the same thing. In my case, I just changed the bank and broke the contract with the previous one...

Sflot

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2019
I’m so glad that I preordered it on day 1 ?

Wasn’t sure if get the Ghost S1 or this one but in the end went with the Ncase because the Ghost still has issues, people waiting for rma and some other problems.

I don’t have it yet but I’m already super happy with my purchase. This is gonna be my first PC (till now I’ve been only using laptops) so I wanted it to be something special. Plus this one is way cheaper. Only €220. So it’s a win win.
I wanted to preorder on day 1 too, but I forgot they removed the Paypal option right after V5. Now I have to find someone with a credit card (europeans don't like credit cards). Seeing how the preorders have all been filled out I'm kind of done with this whole crap.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere Since the silver one sold out, does this mean I have to pre order to get them?

I was under the impression that there will be a surplus of stock for those who can't catch the pre order schedule or just want to buy things without the wait for the production time.
V6 should eventually be regularly available again, just like V5 was. This will be after the first production run is finished and all preorders have been filled, so late September at the earliest.

Will the new version of the side panel and fan bracket be available for separate purchase again?
That's possible, though not initially. The extra parts we've ordered for the first run are limited to the following:
  • Panel kits, black and silver
  • ODD top panels, black and silver
  • Front I/O kits
I wanted to preorder on day 1 too, but I forgot they removed the Paypal option right after V5. Now I have to find someone with a credit card (europeans don't like credit cards). Seeing how the preorders have all been filled out I'm kind of done with this whole crap.
Sorry it's such a nuisance. Paypal doesn't allow preorders more than 20 days in advance of delivery, so there are limited options available.

Reactions: cranq

Sflot

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2019
Sorry it's such a nuisance. Paypal doesn't allow preorders more than 20 days in advance of delivery, so there are limited options available.
I understand Paypal can be a b*tch, so I kind of get why you guys decides to turn it off for a while. I also understand Paypal has been such a problem that you consider not using the service again? I figure it's not possible to activate Paypal when the time till shipment becomes less than 20 days?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I understand Paypal can be a b*tch, so I kind of get why you guys decides to turn it off for a while. I also understand Paypal has been such a problem that you consider not using the service again? I figure it's not possible to activate Paypal when the time till shipment becomes less than 20 days?
It's possible Paypal will come back, though Dan (w360) says it won't be this year.

This question gets into some bigger structural issues that we need to resolve. Among them:
  • Taiwan Post isn't great for shipping. They've made mistakes, and Dan tells me they complain about shipping too many smaller packages. This is why he's scaled back the number of parts and accessories that are available. He's been wanting to move shipping to China for a while because of this - it's cheaper, faster, and there's no problems with volume - but that means moving production to China as well, which has a lot of implications for the M1 and other cases SFFLab currently offers, and our relationship with Lian Li. To start with, some of the smaller parts (e.g. brackets and other miscellaneous parts) may move to a different supplier.
  • Dan's doing too much by himself. Joshua (PlayfulPhoenix) is his partner on SFFLab, but he's had other obligations that have kept him from helping out recently. This is one factor that contributed to the recent issue with the M1 preorders that resulted in shipping not being applied correctly. So we're looking at how we can restructure things so I can help manage some of the NCASE-specific aspects, and likewise for the other products SFFLab distributes.

Reactions: ikt and TurpoUrpo

Sflot

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2019
It's possible Paypal will come back, though Dan (w360) says it won't be this year.

This question gets into some bigger structural issues that we need to resolve. Among them:
  • Taiwan Post isn't great for shipping. They've made mistakes, and Dan tells me they complain about shipping too many smaller packages. This is why he's scaled back the number of parts and accessories that are available. He's been wanting to move shipping to China for a while because of this - it's cheaper, faster, and there's no problems with volume - but that means moving production to China as well, which has a lot of implications for the M1 and other cases SFFLab currently offers, and our relationship with Lian Li. To start with, some of the smaller parts (e.g. brackets and other miscellaneous parts) may move to a different supplier.
  • Dan's doing too much by himself. Joshua (PlayfulPhoenix) is his partner on SFFLab, but he's had other obligations that have kept him from helping out recently. This is one factor that contributed to the recent issue with the M1 preorders that resulted in shipping not being applied correctly. So we're looking at how we can restructure things so I can help manage some of the NCASE-specific aspects, and likewise for the other products SFFLab distributes.
I see, thanks for taking your time to clear things up.

Reactions: ikt