NCASE M1 V6 info

TurpoUrpo

Efficiency Noob
Jul 24, 2019

It seems that Asus x570-i wont have 20 pin type-e usb for front panel, impact would, but its definitely too fat on the bottom to fit-in with bottom rad. ASrock and gigabyte just are bad.

This will be hard to decide what to do.

The new case is ordered anyways.

Last edited:

MiniMe

Trash Compacter
Nov 25, 2017

It seems that Asus x570-i wont have 20 pin type-e usb for front panel, impact would, but its definitely too fat on the bottom to fit-in with bottom rad. ASrock and gigabyte just are bad.

This will be hard to decide what to do.

The new case is ordered anyways.
I would have thought the Impact VIII would, that what I'm planning for the V6

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
The impact does, but it "limits" you to air cooling. I am not even sure if that stupendous m.2 card is allowing a side mounted radiator.

I wanted to start with air cooling and eventually switch on a custom loop later on. On the other hand the vram looks good and the connectivity and high quality audio draw me to the impact board.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere can you check if the crosshair impact will allow for side mounting of a 240mm watercooler?
There's not much to check yet, as it's not out yet and the pictures aren't great for estimating dimensions. I've speculated that the dual M.2 carrier/heatsink might fit vertically between the GPU and the radiator, since with the bracket in the upper mounting position you've got about 32mm of clearance:

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
There's not much to check yet, as it's not out yet and the pictures aren't great for estimating dimensions. I've speculated that the dual M.2 carrier/heatsink might fit vertically between the GPU and the radiator, since with the bracket in the upper mounting position you've got about 32mm of clearance:
Thanks for the reply!
Ok, let's wait for more info about the dimensions of the board. That one is actually the one I want to use for my next build.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hey @Necere, have you thought to send a pre-production V6 to reviewers like Optimum Tech?
Yeah, we'll probably send him one to take a look at if he's interested. Although I'm not sure we'll be able to get one before production since the front I/O won't be finished until then (or close to), and I wouldn't want to send out an incomplete unit.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015

I had a look at the webpage that TurpoUrpo linked to and found 2 photos that may help with the clearance estimate.

The first photo shows a tilted view of the entire Crosshair VIII Impact motherboard without the M.2 daughterboard attached. In this photo the distance between the center of the PCI-E x16 slot and the center of the SO-DIMM slot used by the M.2 daughterboard is slightly greater than the width of the adjacent stack of 2 SATA connectors, the dimension of which should be similar to other motherboards.

The second photo shows the daughterboard inserted into the SO-DIMM slot. The distance from the top of the slot to the top if the M.2 heatsink (shell?) is about 3.3 times the height (width?) of the M.2 connector that is visible. Again, comparing to M.2 connectors on other motherboards should allow a fair estimate of the card's height. I don't know if the top of the SO-DIM slot is equal to the height of the PCI-E slot, but maybe that can be found too.

wongkit23232223

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 20, 2019
I just order my Ncase M1.
But I wonder if the mini-DTX size can fit into the case or not?
I am looking at ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Impact.

Updated:
Just read the above messages from others.
It seems to be many people will go for ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Impact.

There are total 4 nos. of X570 motherboard, 1 from ASRock, 2 from ASUS and 1 from GIGABYTE.

I have done some research. For people who are interested in AMD with X570 MB can read below.
Not guarantee all information is correct. (It will be nice if you can correct me.)

Version 3 table list of X570

ManufacturerASRockASUSASUSGIGABYTE
MotherboardPhantom Gaming ITX/TB3ROG Strix X570-I GamingROG Crosshair VIII ImpactX570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
SizeMini-ITXMini-ITXMini-DTXMini-ITX
VRM Phase Design6+2 Phase Design8+2 Phase Design8+2 Phase Design6+2 Phase Design
AudioRealtek ALC1220SupremeFX S1220ASupremeFX S1220Realtek ALC1220
WiFiWiFi 6 802.11 ax 2T2RWiFi 6 802.11 ax 2T2RWiFi 6 802.11 ax 2T2RWiFi 6 802.11 ax 2T2R
Bluetooth5.05.0 (optional)5.0 (optional)5.0
PCIe 4.0 x161111
M.2 Slot12 (Both at the back)2 (On Plug-in module)2 (One front, One back)
SATA34444
Displayport1101
HDMI1102
Optical SPDIF1010
Audio Jacks5333
Lan1111
USB PS/21000
USB 3.2 Gen 1 (Rear Port)2424
USB 3.2 Gen 2 (Rear Port)2351
USB 3.2 Type C (Rear Port)1 (Thunderbolt 3)111
USB 2.0 (Header)1111
USB 3.2 Gen 1 (Header)1111
USB 3.2 Gen 2 (Header)0010
Fan Header3353 (One used for PCH fan)
Inbuilt I/O Shield Fan1 (Not directly)120
ProsType C with Thunderbolt 3,
Optical sound output
8+2 VRM,
Plenty of USB 3.1 Gen1/2,
Dual M.2
8+2 VRM,
Dual M.2 slots,
Optical sound output
Dual M.2,
ConsSingle M.2 slot,
Little Type A USB rear port,
Using Intel 115x cooling,
no USB Type-C internal header
No optical sound output,
Not on-board dual M.2 slots,
No HDMI & Displayport
Only 2 USB 3.1 Gen2,
No Inbuilt Fan,
No optical sound output,
Motherboard WebsiteASrockASUSASUSGigabyte
Price (Newegg)239.99 219.99
Reviewanandtechanandtech anandtech
    eteknix

Updated:
Just find a very detail google spreadsheets by tomshardware
Spreadsheets

Last edited:

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
I just order my N1 Mcase.
But I wonder if the mini-DTX can fit into the case or not?

Updated:

There are total 4 nos. of X570 motherboard, 1 from ASRock, 2 from ASUS and 1 from GIGABYTE.

I have done some research. For people who are interested in AMD with X570 MB can read below.
Not guarantee all information is correct. (It will be nice if you can correct me.)

MotherboardPhantom Gaming ITX/TB3ROG Strix X570-I GamingROG Crosshair VIII ImpactX570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
VRM Phase Design6+2 Phase Design8+2 Phase Design8+2 Phase Design6 phase (for vCore), 70A
Displayport1101
HDMI1102
AudioALC1220S1220AS1220ALC1220
WiFiYesYesYesYes
PCIe 4.01111
M.21222
SATA4444
USB 3.1 Gen 14646
USB 3.1 Gen 23462
USB Type C1111
Fan Headers3353
Thunderbolt 31NoNoNo
Inbuilt I/O Shield FanYes (Not directly)Yes (1)Yes (2)No
ProsThunderbolt 3, Optical sound output8+2 VRM,
Plenty of USB 3.1 Gen1/2 ,
Dual M.2
8+2 VRM,
Dual M.2
Dual M.2
ConsSingle M.2, Little Type A USB,
Using Intel 115x cooling
No optical sound output,
Not on board dual M.2Only 2 USB 3.1 Gen2,
No Inbuilt Fan
Price (Newegg) 

Super nice summary about current available X570, thanks for that. Thunderbolt 3 is nice, but dual M2 is better for having more space in the case. I'm having a hard time deciding that.

However, if ppl are not doing anything regarding super insane video editing, or insane overclocking, or whatever other job that can use PCI4 Gen NVMe, at least IMO makes no sense getting a X570. You can get an insanely good B450 for way less money, and use that money for better CPU (in case of users that need rendering) or GPU (gamers).
Even if new video cards arrive, PCI Gen 3 is still big enough for upgrades.
Good B450 are more than enough for some overclock, editing and gaming.
IMO, I can be totally wrong. :D

Reactions: Titchiboi

ps -ef

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
Some of the newer pcie4x nvme come with heatsink, what is the max heatsink height that is allowed?
Just ordered ncase v6, and planning for the hardware for the new rig. Thank you :)

trolleleet

What's an ITX?
Jul 25, 2019
I really want the tempered glass panel, but its seems like a silly idea to order V6 now and TG panel in Q4 2019 and pay double shipping/custom fees (Im from EU)

Can anyone tell me if it will be possible to order both the V6 + TG panel in 1 combined order if I wait it out till Q4 2019 when TG panels are supposed to be released?

Hope my question is understandable :D

I already bought a used V5 with a TG panel, but its not a 100% complete kit and I wouldnt mind supporting ncase by ordering a V6, but yea double shipping/custom is strectching it, when i already have the V5

wongkit23232223

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 20, 2019
Super nice summary about current available X570, thanks for that. Thunderbolt 3 is nice, but dual M2 is better for having more space in the case. I'm having a hard time deciding that.

However, if ppl are not doing anything regarding super insane video editing, or insane overclocking, or whatever other job that can use PCI4 Gen NVMe, at least IMO makes no sense getting a X570. You can get an insanely good B450 for way less money, and use that money for better CPU (in case of users that need rendering) or GPU (gamers).
Even if new video cards arrive, PCI Gen 3 is still big enough for upgrades.
Good B450 are more than enough for some overclock, editing and gaming.
IMO, I can be totally wrong. :D

I totally agree with you. There is not necessary for everyone go for X570.

But I still stick with X570 for future upgrade. (My current computer is using Z67 with 2500K. Nearly 8 years passed.? )
Perhaps I will do some research on B450 too for those with some overclock, editing and gaming.

The ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Impact mDTX also has optical audio out...

Thank you for pointing it out.

It seems like the price and link below the ASUS Strix actually belong to the ASRock board.

My fault. Thank you.

Reactions: ikt

TurpoUrpo

Efficiency Noob
Jul 24, 2019
I just order my N1 Mcase.
But I wonder if the mini-DTX can fit into the case or not?

Updated:

VRM Phase Design6+2 Phase Design8+2 Phase Design8+2 Phase Design6 phase (for vCore), 70A
Displayport1101
HDMI1102
AudioALC1220S1220AS1220ALC1220
WiFiYesYesYesYes
PCIe 4.01111
M.21222
SATA4444
USB 3.1 Gen 14646
USB 3.1 Gen 23462
USB Type C1111
Fan Headers3353
Thunderbolt 31NoNoNo
Inbuilt I/O Shield FanYes (Not directly)Yes (1)Yes (2)No
ProsThunderbolt 3, Optical sound output8+2 VRM,
Plenty of USB 3.1 Gen1/2 ,
Dual M.2
8+2 VRM,
Dual M.2,
Optical sound output
Dual M.2
ConsSingle M.2, Little Type A USB,
Using Intel 115x cooling
No optical sound output,
Not on board dual M.2Only 2 USB 3.1 Gen2,
No Inbuilt Fan,
No optical sound output
Price (Newegg)239.99

Asus Strix x570-i has Two miniature fans too, atleast in the link I put before, in the text it said so.

Nice summary anyway! Maybe add if the board has Type-e 20pin connector for front IO. I think only Impact has.

About the discussion about x570, I think older chipsets will have so low priority what comes to bios and agesa updates, that I will not be riskin it. I might wait for B550 around Q1 next year, but not sure if I can resist the fever for updating my pc.