NCASE M1 V6 info

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
Hi,

I pre-ordered mine
?

I was wondering : would it be possible to order vented side panel down the line? On sfflab, I saw the top panel and the tempered glass panel, but if I want to switch color in the future, it would be nice to be able to buy the side panels.

Second thing, as I ordered custom cables, I would like to make sure we can have the PSU at the same location as before. I saw a new orientation is available for the SFX PSU, but I want to make the old position is still possible so my cable can still be usable ^^

Thanks

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
That's correct, it will not. That card is right at the limit (140mm) and will have problems at the corners because of the chassis flanges, plus it doesn't leave any room whatsoever for the PCIe power connectors.

Thanks for the reply. I've preordered mine and of course I wasnt thorough enough before I ordered it. What's the chances of being able to cancel the order.

Denis

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 24, 2019
The case with glass in the 4th quarter will be sold or the window will be separately as an additional option ?
Thank you.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
Hi,

I pre-ordered mine
?

I was wondering : would it be possible to order vented side panel down the line? On sfflab, I saw the top panel and the tempered glass panel, but if I want to switch color in the future, it would be nice to be able to buy the side panels.

Second thing, as I ordered custom cables, I would like to make sure we can have the PSU at the same location as before. I saw a new orientation is available for the SFX PSU, but I want to make the old position is still possible so my cable can still be usable ^^

Thanks

I haven't read anything about additional side panels in the future.

Original location mounts are still there. New orientation makes it so you don't have to use an ATF to SFX adapter by your power supply company.

Side panels
-Extended ventilated area adjacent to GPU

no dust filters for gpu area? ?

No dust filters for the gpu area.

Reactions: Amonchakai

NeverBackDown

Caliper Novice
Jul 22, 2019
I haven't read anything about additional side panels in the future.

Original location mounts are still there. New orientation makes it so you don't have to use an ATF to SFX adapter by your power supply company.

No dust filters for the gpu area.

I suppose we could always buy a dust filter for the V5 and slap it on there of if you already have one just put it on. Not that big of a deal.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
If you are using part of the vented holes as an intake then you need the dust filters over the intake fans. You probably aren't putting fans in the bottom side panel part so I don't think it is a need. Remember, you don't have dust filters on the rear, or opposite side.

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
So I thought about cancelling my preorder because I stupidly haven't seen the million comments about msi gaming x not fitting but instead bought a 2070 super. This is seriously spiralling out of control ???

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The case with glass in the 4th quarter will be sold or the window will be separately as an additional option ?
Thank you.
Speaking tentatively, SFFLab may offer full panel kits, ODD top panels, and side windows for sale separately later in the year.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Side panels
-Extended ventilated area adjacent to GPU

no dust filters for gpu area? ?
Just the case floor under the GPU and the left side panel. These are the two places you can mount 120mm fans, so it makes most sense to have filters there.

ethan0l

Case Bender
New User
Jul 24, 2019
Hi @Necere I was about to preorder the case but I am wondering if an asus strix 2080 ti with a waterblock that says 137 mm width including terminal will fit in the case. Thanks!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Ok so then I would assume the 2080 Ti seahawk from MSI should fit with the radiator mounted on the bracket ?
Should be fine.

Hi @Necere I was about to preorder the case but I am wondering if an asus strix 2080 ti with a waterblock that says 137 mm width including terminal will fit in the case. Thanks!
If you're going to watercool the GPU, stick with reference GPUs. Cards with oversized PCBs aren't going to fit once you add a waterblock.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
I have been waiting a few months now for the ncase m1 v6, preordered now and im sooo excited! Going to replace my 9 year old x58 with xeon x5650 with the ryzen 7 3700x. Almost have all the hardware, ship this case! Haha

Reactions: ikt