NCASE M1 V6 info

cklasac

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
Maybe because the website does not process UTF-8 Polish characters (ą ł ś ć ż ć) and does not pass the payment? Necere?

cklasac

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
Problem #1 is solved. I've increased the limit on the card and now I don't get the message that the card has been rejected, only the message "No Match" so it's almost 100% error with UTF-8 character comparison.

cklasac

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
and other error such as "Street address and postal code do not match." , "This transaction cannot be processed."
, what is wrong with it?!?! XD

Probably this is the biggest problem here

Billing address
Select the address that matches your card or payment method.

Last edited:

Bounou

Caliper Novice
Aug 2, 2018
Right. It's a bit unfortunate, too, because it's only a couple millimeters away from fitting. But widening the case would break the backward-compatibility of the panels, and then I'd get people mad about that. ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯

Well speaking as a current owner who also preordered the V6 i would rather you do what is needed to make the case better regardless of what it means for previous case owners.

What changes would you consider if backwards compatibility was not an issue?

Reactions: jagernaut

Sflot

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2019
Well speaking as a current owner who also preordered the V6 i would rather you do what is needed to make the case better regardless of what it means for previous case owners.

What changes would you consider if backwards compatibility was not an issue?
All this for slightly larger fans? Why? It won't be an M1 anymore if they change the dimensions. If you desperately want 140mm fans then bring out the dremel or remove the few remaining mounting clips. I think many people are fine with using 120mm fans.

You know, if they made the case a few millimeters higher you could fit an ATX PSU with a full size GPU in there. Why wouldn't they do that? Oh and why not add support for a mATX motherboard, all you need to do is-

You have to draw the line somewhere is all I'm saying.

Reactions: jagernaut

stopfive

Case Bender
Jun 21, 2019
@Necere if you could measure the distance from the middle of the PCIE slot on the motherboard to the bottom of the case, I would really appreciate it! I'm trying to figure out if my custom cooling setup for my video card will fit.

Thanks.

Last edited:

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
Has anyone had a problem shopping with a Mastercard?? Because it shows me a "card was declined" ?.

I saw that you partially fixed this issue.
I had problems like this in the past, I told the bank that I was often ordering international stuff, so he made some adjustments to my cards.

@Necere , adding Paypal as an option would avoid problems like that too.

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
I saw that you partially fixed this issue.
I had problems like this in the past, I told the bank that I was often ordering international stuff, so he made some adjustments to my cards.

@Necere , adding Paypal as an option would avoid problems like that too.

I asked @Wahaha360 several months ago to reinstate PayPal as an option on SFFLab, and he was not interested in doing so.

cklasac

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
I contacted the bank, they say they don't see any transactions on their side,they don't have anything in their logs, and that everything is unlocked on my side. The bank told me that the problem is with sfflab.com and that they couldn't match my details to the database (or sth like that) and they couldn't pass my transaction.
That the problem is on the side of the payment solution provider, i.e. on the side of shopify or sfflab.com. This situation is slowly driving me crazy.

EDIT: I think I'm gonna go set up an account at another bank.

Last edited:

Bounou

Caliper Novice
Aug 2, 2018
All this for slightly larger fans? Why? It won't be an M1 anymore if they change the dimensions. If you desperately want 140mm fans then bring out the dremel or remove the few remaining mounting clips. I think many people are fine with using 120mm fans.

You know, if they made the case a few millimeters higher you could fit an ATX PSU with a full size GPU in there. Why wouldn't they do that? Oh and why not add support for a mATX motherboard, all you need to do is-

You have to draw the line somewhere is all I'm saying.

I get your point, and I like the size, I also have no issue with wanting 140mm over 120mm.

A change I would like to see if slightly taller so it better supports a 240mm rad at the bottom.

I guess I would not mind slightly bigger really especially if it means making the end result better, what I like most about the M1 is the build quality.

Just feels like there are no real alternatives if you want something else and don’t want to compromise on build quality.

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
I contacted the bank, they say they don't see any transactions on their side,they don't have anything in their logs, and that everything is unlocked on my side. The bank told me that the problem is with sfflab.com and that they couldn't match my details to the database (or sth like that) and they couldn't pass my transaction.
That the problem is on the side of the payment solution provider, i.e. on the side of shopify or sfflab.com. This situation is slowly driving me crazy.

EDIT: I think I'm gonna go set up an account at another bank.
Do you have N26 in your country? I recommend it.

Sflot

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2019
I get your point, and I like the size, I also have no issue with wanting 140mm over 120mm.

A change I would like to see if slightly taller so it better supports a 240mm rad at the bottom.

I guess I would not mind slightly bigger really especially if it means making the end result better, what I like most about the M1 is the build quality.

Just feels like there are no real alternatives if you want something else and don’t want to compromise on build quality.
I understand your frustration, there really aren't enough SFF cases. For me the M1 is the ultimate compromise between size and performance (and my favourite layout), but I can image people find it annoying that you can't fit every GPU or certain rads. I for one think it's genuinely annoying I have to buy a SFX PSU when I have a perfectly good small ATX laying around.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere if you could measure the distance from the middle of the PCIE slot on the motherboard to the bottom of the case, I would really appreciate it! I'm trying to figure out if my custom cooling setup for my video card will fit.

Thanks.
It's about 64mm.

Reactions: stopfive

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015

If you really must have 140 mm fans, then get the round kind that have the same mounting holes as 120 mm fans. Noctua, Phanteks, and Thermalright (and others) make such fans (both 25 mm thick and thin ones) and they fit without interfering with the panel clips or the motherboard standoffs in my V4. However, even with the fans mounted so that they are as far back (towards the rear panel) as possible, it was very tight to the front I/O module.

So, round 140s fit best, but the fit will still be very tight.

Last edited:

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
@Necere I've just found out that my current graphics card msi gaming x + 1080 doesnt fit in ver 5. I presume it wouldn't fit in ver 6 either then?

NeverBackDown

Caliper Novice
Jul 22, 2019
If you really must have 140 mm fans, then get the round kind that have the same mounting holes as 120 mm fans. Noctua, Phanteks, and Thermalright (and others) make such fans (both 25 mm thick and thin ones) and they fit without interfering with the panel clips or the motherboard standoffs in my V4. However, even with the fans mounted so that they are as far back (towards the rear panel) as possible, it was very tight to the front I/O module.

So, round 140s fit best, but the fit will still be very tight.

Oh cool thanks for this tip. Don't think I'll invest into more fans though personally...

Personally I will probably just put 1 140mm fan and another 1 120mm fan. Don't really care if it'll look weird it'll perform better on one side at least :D

jagernaut

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 21, 2019
It's hilarious how people flock to the order page one second after it gets updated and end up having to wait longer, despite Necere telling them multiple times they won't have to worry about the M1 selling out. Lol.

Hahaha, true that. I'll just get one when there is stock. so I don't perceive the wait to be as long.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere I've just found out that my current graphics card msi gaming x + 1080 doesnt fit in ver 5. I presume it wouldn't fit in ver 6 either then?
That's correct, it will not. That card is right at the limit (140mm) and will have problems at the corners because of the chassis flanges, plus it doesn't leave any room whatsoever for the PCIe power connectors.

Do both sides have this extended venting?
Yes, the sides are symmetrical.

Reactions: chyll2 and M1AF