NCASE M1 V6 info

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
Cool! I didn't notice that detail, so we don't have to buy anymore the clips for the 120mm fan, it always annoyed me that the fan was loose because the clips are not intended for the c14s. Are there any inconveniences of installing the PSU in that position? Other than the fact that will pulling air from the inside of the case?

I'll take air being pulled in from inside the case and exhaust exiting the top over vice versa. With the psu pushed further forward in V6 it should help the PSU from sucking in hot air from the cpu heatsink. I plan to have the side, bottom, and top(passive) as exhaust while the rear is an intake.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
with the compatibility for mini DTX, is it possible to put a 240 radiator on the bottom with a mini DTX?

I am pretty sure you will run into issues if you try to install a 240mm rad(even the 20mm) with slim fans and the x570 board. It looks like you will have issues with the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact.

Reactions: tunico

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
I'll take air being pulled in from inside the case and exhaust exiting the top over vice versa. With the psu pushed further forward in V6 it should help the PSU from sucking in hot air from the cpu heatsink. I plan to have the side, bottom, and top(passive) as exhaust while the rear is an intake.
Good point, I was planning to do the same!

sheepdog43

Caliper Novice
Feb 17, 2019
That's a good description of the small changes you had to make to fit two 140 mm fans. What fans did you use?

I found that using rounder 140 mm fans that have the same mounting holes as 120 mm fans to be a lot easier. These types of fans are available from Noctua, Phanteks, and Thermaltake.
Thanks.
I went with a set of 140mm Rosewill fans, specifically the fluid dynamic bearing variant and while they flow a little less than an equivalent Noctua they're silent (below 50% or so) and cost about a quarter of what Noctuas do.

My CPU dropped 6c at idle due to more air flowing around the card, psu temps and system temps also dropped.
My gpu temps on the other hand went up 2c compared to the old Cooler Master 120's I had but that could be due the fan centers shifting or I may just have them spinning too slow. I've been too busy to be bothered so far.

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
They're updating the site guys. Not gonna lie, I died a little when I saw them remove the TG window option.

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Do we know if the back panel has the extended ventilation holes?

Edit 1: Just saw the price go to $205. Still a bargain imo.

Edit 2: $210 now. I think they're trolling me.

Last edited:

Bounou

Caliper Novice
Aug 2, 2018
They're updating the site guys. Not gonna lie, I died a little when I saw them remove the TG window option.

@Necere said there would be one but that his Partner (the guy who runs SFFLAB, cant remember is name right now) was handling it and that it would be available at launch, its a seperate product that ships seperatly so not too worrying that the détails are not up yet, migth still be able to buy it before the v6 ships.

Reactions: M1AF

hlives

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2019
M1 V6 changelog

Front I/O
-Added USB Type C port (requires motherboard 20 pin Type E header)
-Changed headphone and mic ports to single combo jack
-All ports use new molds
-Redesigned I/O bracket with swappable no-I/O faceplate (ports can be removed for cleaner look/slightly better 2.2+ slot GPU compatibility)

Chassis
-Redesigned ventilation holes on bottom and rear to improve airflow
-Added longer fan mounting slots on the bottom
-Bottom vents moved to separate steel floor plate attached to underside of chassis
-Added bottom magnetic dust filter
-Threaded inserts on PCI bracket
-Added M4 screw holes for window mounting to chassis
-Front-right chassis flange reduced, SFX PSU can now be installed from the right side
-Reduced rear-left chassis flange to facilitate GPU installation
-Enlarged chassis front GPU passthrough to facilitate GPU installation and provide more room for oversized GPUs
-Removed four panel mounting clips from side flanges to reduce incidence of oversized GPU conflicts
-Changed front 2.5" drive mounting to use screws instead of rubber grommets to save space/reduce complexity
-Integrated fan bracket mount into chassis flanges
-Added inside-front mounting for SFX PSU

Motherboard tray
-Changed to removable standoffs

ODD bracket
-Redesigned to single piece, now supports 9.5mm and 12.7mm ODD drives

HDD cage
-Redesigned to two pieces, now supports 2x 3.5" drives *or* 3x 2.5" drives; now allows mounting to inside front 2.5" mount (3x 2.5" configuration only)

Top panel
-Changed to 2mm thick

Side panels
-Extended ventilated area adjacent to GPU

Other
-New 15mm tall molded rubber feet
-New adjustable GPU support bracket (adjustable for 2-2.5 slot cards)
-Eliminated ATX PSU bracket

Renders

you didn’t mention the right panel, is it same to the left

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
Do we know if the back panel has the extended ventilation holes?

Just saw the price go to $205. Still a bargain imo.

Rear panel has been updated for added ventiliation and both panels have the same added ventiliation holes.