NCASE M1 V6 info

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
Anyone have any idea around what time preorders will be taking place? Time and time zone? Thanks!

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I love the new bottom of the case. Today I was messing around with my V5 and managed to squeeze two 140mm fans into the bottom of the case. It was a tight squeeze, but it worked. The only issue was the vent holes. This fixes it.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
Hello there , is there any chance we will see the V6 in Caseking.de ?
Said more than once that this is a no. Not happening even in the future.

getting it Via SFFLab will rip me off due to taxes.....
I love the new bottom of the case. Today I was messing around with my V5 and managed to squeeze two 140mm fans into the bottom of the case. It was a tight squeeze, but it worked. The only issue was the vent holes. This fixes it.

Did you manage to squeeze the 140mm and install the side panel with all clips in place?

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Did you manage to squeeze the 140mm and install the side panel with all clips in place?

I didn’t put the panel on, but I didn’t take the clips off either. I used NZXT 140mm fans. It was a very tight fit.

sheepdog43

Caliper Novice
Feb 17, 2019
There's a few people running 140mm fans in the V5 but it's not a bolt in mod.

You need either thin mounting flanges on the fans so they can slide under, grind them down, or grind a little off the panel clips in order for them to clear each other (or remove them). One fan I had fit without changes, however all the others I tried were too thick. I chose to grind the panel clips as it was the easiest method (I removed less than 0.5mm and yes, all are installed). The fans really fill the bottom, they are almost all the way back and are still putting some pressure on the front I/O wires but I wanted them as far forward as I could go. Beware the rear foot mounting screws as they may stop the rear fan from sitting flush, you may need to notch the fan frame to clear. The rear feet also need to be removed in order to bolt in the fans,.

When all that was done and I was happy with it I traced out the 140mm holes and cut out most of the bottom of the case with a Dremel leaving the (soon to be removed)120mm mounts, the 140mm mounts and a single crossbrace. There's really not much left to the bottom but with the fans bolted in it's plenty strong.

hlives

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2019
That's a Matx board, it won't fit in the Ncase.
yeah but there someone already make it in v5
just need to chop the bottom

Sflot

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2019
Does anyone else think it's weird that there are no mounting clips left on the sides? Like, they could've left some above the GPU. Now there's nothing holding the sidepanel down in the middle. I hope it doesn't wobble or anything.

MiniMe

Trash Compacter
Nov 25, 2017
I’m wondering the same thing. Been refreshing since last night US EASTERN TIME ZONE, nothing yet though
What's the status on the pre-orders? Are they not supposed to have gone live?

They've stated it's unlikely to sell out prior to production (6 weeks) so why are you stressing and constantly refreshing? You're not going to get it any sooner ordering today than a week from now.

On topic - Apologies if I've missed the answer already, will the Impact VIII (DTX form factor) be compatible? Off the top of my head I can't see why not as it's no longer than a mini ITX board with a 2 slot GPU anyway but perhaps I'm missing something

Thanks

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
There's a few people running 140mm fans in the V5 but it's not a bolt in mod.

You need either thin mounting flanges on the fans so they can slide under, grind them down, or grind a little off the panel clips in order for them to clear each other (or remove them). One fan I had fit without changes, however all the others I tried were too thick. I chose to grind the panel clips as it was the easiest method (I removed less than 0.5mm and yes, all are installed). The fans really fill the bottom, they are almost all the way back and are still putting some pressure on the front I/O wires but I wanted them as far forward as I could go. Beware the rear foot mounting screws as they may stop the rear fan from sitting flush, you may need to notch the fan frame to clear. The rear feet also need to be removed in order to bolt in the fans,.

When all that was done and I was happy with it I traced out the 140mm holes and cut out most of the bottom of the case with a Dremel leaving the (soon to be removed)120mm mounts, the 140mm mounts and a single crossbrace. There's really not much left to the bottom but with the fans bolted in it's plenty strong.

That's a good description of the small changes you had to make to fit two 140 mm fans. What fans did you use?

I found that using rounder 140 mm fans that have the same mounting holes as 120 mm fans to be a lot easier. These types of fans are available from Noctua, Phanteks, and Thermaltake.

Bounou

Caliper Novice
Aug 2, 2018
They've stated it's unlikely to sell out prior to production (6 weeks) so why are you stressing and constantly refreshing? You're not going to get it any sooner ordering today than a week from now.

On topic - Apologies if I've missed the answer already, will the Impact VIII (DTX form factor) be compatible? Off the top of my head I can't see why not as it's no longer than a mini ITX board with a 2 slot GPU anyway but perhaps I'm missing something

Thanks

Yes it will work, they said mini-DTX support in the new renders

HansWursT619

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2016
-Added inside-front mounting for SFX PSU
Was does this mean? Is this a rotated SFX mountig location, similar to the old way of using the ATX position with SFX Adapter to gain some room for the C14S for example?

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Was does this mean? Is this a rotated SFX mountig location, similar to the old way of using the ATX position with SFX Adapter to gain some room for the C14S for example?

Yes. It allows an SFX power supply to be mounted crosswise at the very front of the case.

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
Yes. It allows an SFX power supply to be mounted crosswise at the very front of the case.
Cool! I didn't notice that detail, so we don't have to buy anymore the clips for the 120mm fan, it always annoyed me that the fan was loose because the clips are not intended for the c14s. Are there any inconveniences of installing the PSU in that position? Other than the fact that will pulling air from the inside of the case?

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Cool! I didn't notice that detail, so we don't have to buy anymore the clips for the 120mm fan, it always annoyed me that the fan was loose because the clips are not intended for the c14s. Are there any inconveniences of installing the PSU in that position? Other than the fact that will pulling air from the inside of the case?

I researched all the best builds for the ncase m1 for my upcomming v6 build. I don't know which site/youtube video it was, but the guy tested the sfx power supply closer and further away from the c14s cooler (the corsair bracket is slighly off-axis and can be rotated). The power supply closer to the cooler resulted in a few degrees hotter cpu temps (since there is probably less fresh air and less room for the hot air to escape).