NCASE M1 V6 info

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Will it fit the strix rtx 2080 if the front panel without ports is mounted ?
Technically there's enough room inside, but it may not be possible (or at least very difficult) to get it in.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Do preorders sell out? Lol
Well, we are ordering a finite number of cases, so technically it's possible. I'm just not expecting it, since normally a production run is enough to last through three months or so. I'm sure there will be some extra demand for V6 initially, but not so much that it will sell out in the six weeks until production is done. It's entirely possible I'm underestimating the demand, though, in which case we'll just have to schedule another production run sooner (or even add to the first, if possible).

Reactions: jagernaut

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Is it still safe to say that we won't be seeing these delivered to people until September?

hlives

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2019
would the redesigned ventilation holes on bottom more convenient for maximums XI GENE cables connecting?

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
I squeezed a 2080 strix into a v5. this required the i/o to be removed and the button pcb to be flipped (as well as a couple of the panel clips to be temporarily removed). since the v6 has similar front clearances and a few additions to make installation easier, I don't think you'll struggle too much to get it in there.

Reactions: August and 3dl1r

Bounou

Caliper Novice
Aug 2, 2018

The problem is not only getting it in but also getting it out, I did so much damage to my v5 with the strix 1080 to that it’s the primary reason I’m buying the v6.

Its not worth the pain of installing it, I’m going to get a founders edition or maybe something from evga this time

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
The problem is not only getting it in but also getting it out
this does remind me that I did have a hell of a time getting it in, but getting it out was significantly simpler. that's because I wised up and (temporarily) removed the entirety of the front io/power button assembly, which gave a good bit more wiggle room

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
I squeezed a 2080 strix into a v5. this required the i/o to be removed and the button pcb to be flipped (as well as a couple of the panel clips to be temporarily removed). since the v6 has similar front clearances and a few additions to make installation easier, I don't think you'll struggle too much to get it in there.
Thank you for the input, i think i found some images on google a while ago. Fitting a rtx 2080 makes it look complete.

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
The problem is not only getting it in but also getting it out, I did so much damage to my v5 with the strix 1080 to that it’s the primary reason I’m buying the v6.

Its not worth the pain of installing it, I’m going to get a founders edition or maybe something from evga this time
How about just removing the fans and put two Noctua nf-a12 x25 in pull configuration? It would be a lot easier to install the card in the case and more efficient cooling, win win! At least that is what I'm going to do when Asus will release the RX 5700 XT Strix.

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
How about just removing the fans and put two Noctua nf-a12 x25 in pull configuration? It would be a lot easier to install the card in the case and more efficient cooling, win win! At least that is what I'm going to do when Asus will release the RX 5700 XT Strix.
Would`t it evade warranty ?

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
Would`t it evade warranty ?
I think if you are delicate and don't brake anything you would not lose it, you are not removing the whole cooler, just the top part with the fans, it will be just a few screws.

Last edited:

encorp

Efficiency Noob
Dec 20, 2018
I've been waiting for the V6 and temporarily using an NZXT H200 but EVGA recently warrantied my GPU, and I ended up with a 1080ti FTW 3 Hybrid that won't fit in the V6 - so now that the case is released, I guess I have to upgrade cards.

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
Hello there , is there any chance we will see the V6 in Caseking.de ?

getting it Via SFFLab will rip me off due to taxes.....

Bounou

Caliper Novice
Aug 2, 2018

I’m pretty sure im going to ahead and get the founders edition card, either the 2080ti or the 2080 super, probably the super, my plan is to fit two corsair ML120’s under it. The price tag of the 2080ti makes no sense with the 2080 super being 500$ cheaper.

I just absolutely hate the value proposition of this current card generation from NVIDIA honestly. 1200$ for the 2080ti compared to what I paid for the 1080ti is just not good. The 5700 and 5700XT are the only two cards priced decently IMO. They make no sense for me since i have a GSYNC monitor.

I could just keep the 1080ti but its really a pain to get it to fit plus this way i have ray tracing for cyberpunk2077!