?Ncase M1 or Louqe Ghost water cooled build help?

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Anyone know if these mini its mobos can run 64gb ram kits? I want to grab two 32gb modules if I can. I'm pretty sure they can but want to double check.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
You can run them, no doubt about it, but it's not sure how well will they work latency and speed wise. Apparently it's a bit more difficult for the memory controller to handle these big kits, be sure you need the capacity vs the speed of two 16gb modules.

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Shoot that's true. I'm so damn torn from building this mini itx build and building with the 011-dynamic right now. I feel the dynamic will be a but more future proof just due to the fact I can put a faster/bigger memory kit in it plus swap/put another gpu in if I feel the need. But the mini itx is super appealing just as far as the desk footprint and being able to move whenever i need to. It also seems alot more fun to build in the smaller case. I also still dont know if I should buy a 3950x or just stick with the 9900ks. The new processors coming out from Intel are kinda wack for gaming it seems.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I would go for the 3950x because it isn't very far behind intel in gaming and it has double the computing power if you need it someday in the future, plus it consumes less power, for me it's an easy choice. Also after buying intel for so many years it feels right for me to have an amd powered pc, but that is something subjective and personal. What it is not subjective is that the performance difference in fps is minimal, you will never notice it.

One thing to have in mind is that the 3950x is retailing in Spain for close to 850 euros, not 750... So if you are only going to play, maybe it's interesting a 9900k IF it's cheaper.

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Yeah I'm pretty samn attracted to the 3950x right now but like someone said on here it sold out that same day on most sites, but I'll keep my eyes open. If you really don't think I'll be able to tell in games then I'd love the idea of having that performance if I ever need it. I feel like it's a little unsafe getting the 9900ks just for games but then again I litterally very well could only be gaming on this thing and the KS is really good for gaming. Lol it's a hard choice for me, I'm sure it's pretty easy for you on the other hand. And yeah at the moment I can get the KS for 525ish but I'm about 700 short on pulling the trigger on the components for M1 build and that's not including the case itself which hopefully will be becoming available sometime in December. I love the idea of a 16 core m1 build though. ?

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Yeah I really like them actually. If in was going to do that particular style though I'd prob go with a louqe just because of the top hats you can add for Radiator support. I'm pretty set on the M1 unless I can get a louqe with two top hats for cheaper. Even then, until I can do a custom loop the M1 will have better thermals. (I think) the sliger would be more appealing if it was a tad cheaper

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
damn that's super clean man! I actually really like your setup. Do you have any more pics or did you show the process of your build? Could you fit another rad in the bottom if you wanted to do a custom loop with the gpu also?

Reactions: Rmorrison

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
damn that's super clean man! I actually really like your setup. Do you have any more pics or did you show the process of your build? Could you fit another rad in the bottom if you wanted to do a custom loop with the gpu also?
Thanks man! Lots of fun putting it together. someone on Sliger's thread for the case made a build log. The case come with an instruction booklet now. No, unfortunately the bottom cannot fit another radiator. I wanted to do that and get an aio for the gpu and also run the evga sound card with the bifurcation (sp?) offered with this case. However you can fit a 3 slot 2080ti, so you don't really need one since the cooling on this card is legit af. BUT, if you really have to have liquid cooling for your gpu you could do your own custom loop that totally fits on the bottom. Or, you can go on Newegg and see if the Asus rog matrix is available. Join the wait list if it's not. That card has a built in aio that would totally fit in this case. The case is only 12" tall so its the same as the Ghost.

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Damn that's too bad. I eventually want to do a loop with the gpu and cpu. What 2080ti is that btw? And what are you getting as far as temps under load with the side panels on? And what cpu are you running?

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
Damn that's too bad. I eventually want to do a loop with the gpu and cpu. What 2080ti is that btw? And what are you getting as far as temps under load with the side panels on? And what cpu are you running?
That's the 2080ti ftw3 temps get mid 70C when gaming. 3900x gets around the same.

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
@Rmorrison
now that have been able to use the 3900x would you have switched choices to the 9900ks by chance? i dont know if the 10% better gaming performance(sometimes more in some titles) is worth it over the 3900x. i literally don't really have any uses for the extra computing power but i like the idea of head room just in case. Plus if i do any streaming i can just use NVlink. Im having a really hard time deciding and i want to pull the trigger in the next two weeks. Im just curious if there are any other applications that having those extra cores will help in.

PS do you think a MSI gaming x tro 2080ti would fit in your case?

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
@stepnyVLK Hey I'm having a hard time figuring out weather the 600w corsair platinum is going to be enough for my 9900k and 2080ti. Do you think I need to send it back and get a 750w or should I be fine? @paulesko

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
@sancho is 510 too much for a 600w PSU long term?
Ps nice set up. I wanted to go with a M1 so damn bad but couldn't wait any longer and grabbed a sliger sm580