NCASE M1 components help...

Dawelio

Awesomeness
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

Long time since I posted here last, but I've hit a bit of an roadblock and thus need some assistance from the community...

I'm thinking of getting the NCASE M1, but I basically have 3 worries/concerns, that I want to take a deeper look at:

1, Can/will the ASUS ROG STRIX 1080 Ti actually fit inside the M1? I've seen pictures that it does, but haven't seen any picture closer as to how. And in order to fit it, would anything has to go, such as the side panel holder clips for example?...

2, What CPU air coolers actually fit inside the case? As haven't quite figured it out yet. Found on SFFLabs page that a max height of 130mm, but then also found on Hardforum I believe that with the side panel on, that gets shorter? So not sure at all here... Anyone that has any recommendations for what you people have used?

2b, Basically continueing from the point above, do you perhaps know any 240mm AIO's that has a bit shorter and more flexible tubing than for example the Corsair H100 v2 and the ASUS ROG RYUO?

3, What is the main difference (other than the obvious) in going for the window side panel rather than the full aluminium?
It says the following below and just for clarification, does that mean if going with the window side panel, I can't have an 240mm AIO anymore, due to the "side bracket" isn't included?:
Note that all orders of the M1 with a glass side panel do not include the side bracket or 3.5" drive bracket, as these are incompatible.

Thank you,
Dawelio

Nord1ing

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2018
Hello everyone,

Long time since I posted here last, but I've hit a bit of an roadblock and thus need some assistance from the community...

I'm thinking of getting the NCASE M1, but I basically have 3 worries/concerns, that I want to take a deeper look at:

1, Can/will the ASUS ROG STRIX 1080 Ti actually fit inside the M1? I've seen pictures that it does, but haven't seen any picture closer as to how. And in order to fit it, would anything has to go, such as the side panel holder clips for example?...

2, What CPU air coolers actually fit inside the case? As haven't quite figured it out yet. Found on SFFLabs page that a max height of 130mm, but then also found on Hardforum I believe that with the side panel on, that gets shorter? So not sure at all here... Anyone that has any recommendations for what you people have used?

2b, Basically continueing from the point above, do you perhaps know any 240mm AIO's that has a bit shorter and more flexible tubing than for example the Corsair H100 v2 and the ASUS ROG RYUO?

3, What is the main difference (other than the obvious) in going for the window side panel rather than the full aluminium?

It says the following below and just for clarification, does that mean if going with the window side panel, I can't have an 240mm AIO anymore, due to the "side bracket" isn't included?:

Thank you,

Dawelio

1. Rog strix 1080Ti is the same size as strix 1070.

I installed the last one to Ncase M1. Strix fits perfectly. There is just one small trick: you will need to insert into the case back-panel side (the one with I/O) and then slide-in opposite side.

Optionally, you can temporary remove one plastic clip on the back to facilitate the installation.

2. By my experience, NH-u9s is one of the best air coolers for cpu.

If you install window side panel, you will loose the ability to use the side for 240mm radiator or for fans intake. (but you can 3d print a top hat to fit in 240mn aio).

Last edited:

Dawelio

Awesomeness
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks you both for your replies!

I have 2 other questions though, the rear fan, is that an 80/92mm fan spot? Or can an 120mm potentiallt fit? As read it in an post on Reddit, but could have missunderstood it all.

And would an SF600 be enough or should I go with the SF750 PSU?...

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2018
1) I have the 1080Ti Strix in the Ncase, it fits without issues. Just need to take your time and tilt it a bit while mounting. I removed the stock shroud and fans and placed two Noctuas as exhaust instead.

3) I know that Deepcool GamerStorm Aios have shorter tubes compared to others. Quite flexible as well. I have the «Castle 240» in my Ncase.

The rear fan mount is a 92mm, and you cannot fit a 120 there sorry.

I use the Corsair SF600 Platinum and it does the job great. If you should go for 750 depends on your components and what you plan to do in the future. Eg if you have 9900K and a 2080 RTX card, then maybe 750 would be a good choice.

Reactions: Dawelio

Dawelio

Awesomeness
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
1) I have the 1080Ti Strix in the Ncase, it fits without issues. Just need to take your time and tilt it a bit while mounting. I removed the stock shroud and fans and placed two Noctuas as exhaust instead.

3) I know that Deepcool GamerStorm Aios have shorter tubes compared to others. Quite flexible as well. I have the «Castle 240» in my Ncase.

The rear fan mount is a 92mm, and you cannot fit a 120 there sorry.

I use the Corsair SF600 Platinum and it does the job great. If you should go for 750 depends on your components and what you plan to do in the future. Eg if you have 9900K and a 2080 RTX card, then maybe 750 would be a good choice.

Thanks for your reply!

So since you have the exact same GPU, does it get hot inside the NCASE M1? As I believe it's on 0.5 slot of space between the bottom and the Strix's fans?... Would also an Noctua NF-A9x14, 92mm 14mm thick fan fit under it, you think?.

May I ask what kind of CPU cooling you've got? Thinking of maybe going with the Asetek 545LC 92mm AIO on my 9900K CPU, since it's soldered.

I'm getting the SF750 PSU anyway, so I know I have enough power basically :)

Nord1ing

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2018
Thanks for your reply!

May I ask what kind of CPU cooling you've got? Thinking of maybe going with the Asetek 545LC 92mm AIO on my 9900K CPU, since it's soldered.
I had 545LC and I maxed out fans to keep my old Ryzen 1700@3.7GHz cool (s o i sold both, CPU and AIO :) )

Nord1ing

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2018
I don't know about methodology in that video. My AIO needed more than half of hour to hit maximum temperatures during h264 rendering (with Vegas), and like 15-20 minutes to cool down after rendering is complete. And motherboard temperatures was a bit higher too compared to air
Maybe for gaming that would be a good solution, since the CPU isn't loaded as much as during rendering!

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
As far as CPU air coolers go, the nh-u9s is currently the best. That said, Thermalright has released a 130mm tall version of the silver arrow cooler that uses a 120mm fan. Supposedly it has a higher max tdp and produces less noise. It's only available in Asia at the moment, but they plan a US release this year. Depending on when you will be assembling your build, that could be worth looking into.

Last edited:

ZodiacG66

Efficiency Noob
Jan 18, 2019
For air cooler I would like to put forward the BeQuiet Dark Rock TF, I have that cooler in my Ncase, 220watt TDP cooling with 2 135mm quiet fans.
(EDIT, just noticed you want the glass side panel so any top down cooler won't be a good option for you as it won't be able to get any fresh air through it)

Dawelio

Awesomeness
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
For air cooler I would like to put forward the BeQuiet Dark Rock TF, I have that cooler in my Ncase, 220watt TDP cooling with 2 135mm quiet fans.
(EDIT, just noticed you want the glass side panel so any top down cooler won't be a good option for you as it won't be able to get any fresh air through it)

Thanks for the tip and recommendation of the CPU cooler!

That's true, although I wonder just how much it would essentially starve in that case then. Consider I've seen many builds with cooler such as that one and they are windowed. Here are a few examples:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
This was just posted on [H]ard and is a comparison between the C14, C14S and the U9S, with and without a TG side panel. This will give you a good idea of the type of thermals you can expect from the different arrangements.

Reactions: Nanook

ZodiacG66

Efficiency Noob
Jan 18, 2019
Shorter top down cooler would be ok as they have room between the top of the cooler and the side panel, but the Dark Rock TF would be almost touching the side TG side panel and would struggle with air intake.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I have another question for you guys... How much, if any, difference would you guys say it would be between these push/pull configurations on these images?

As I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding wether to go for the thicker fan, since it has as quite significantly higher cfm rating than the slimmer fan.

But I also know that a lot of times people, such as myself, get caught on things like this. When in reality and in the real world, they won't actually have that big of an impact on performance or the cooling, such as in this case (no pun intended).

Hence many people who own the Dan Case A4 SFX case and this small AIO, only can use this AIO with the slimmer fan. So not sure if "bigger is better" actually applies in this case/scenario. Obviously saying anything with guarantees is impossible, as there's simply too many factors that plays in, such as components, ambient temps etc.

But just wondering in general here, what would you guys opt for?...

Dan Case AIO: