Sike

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 15, 2019
Hello guys,
I plan to buy this case in the future for my new build.
I bought the NH-C14S with another NF-A14 fan because I thought it would fit but I'm not really sure.

Can you put NF-A14 fan on the panel anduse the NH-C14S as a low profile (the fan below the heatsink)?

I am not sure and kinda doubting if I should return the NF-A14.

Thanks.

sheepdog43

Caliper Novice
Feb 17, 2019
The C14 (no S) allowed a 25mm fan on top and bottom, which is why it's popular, but no longer made.
The C14S can only fit a 25mm fan under the heatsink. I think you can fit a slim 120mm or 140mm on top but the side panel is quite close.

Here's where it gets more tricky...
If you use the 140mm on bottom, your PSU needs to be mounted using the ATX bracket and an ATX-SFX adapter ) not included with the Ncase). It will not be able to sit against the side panel. Beware, this means your PSU may be breathing in hot air. I had to upgrade my Silverstone 450 to a Corsair 600 in order to keep PSU temps within range. Luckily the Silverstone came with an ATX to SFX adapter, the Corsair did not.

The alternative is to use a 120mm fan on the bottom of the C14s, this allows the psu to sit flush against the sidepanel using the Ncase SFX mount. This offers lower psu temps (put the intake facing the panel) but can have a negative effect on cpu cooling. I went up about 6-10C when i did this, however I was using a crappy 120mm fan, not a Noctua.

As for the spare NF14, keep it and buy another, then Dremel out the bottom of the case and install both of them there instead of using dual 120s.

Sike

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 15, 2019
The C14 (no S) allowed a 25mm fan on top and bottom, which is why it's popular, but no longer made.
The C14S can only fit a 25mm fan under the heatsink. I think you can fit a slim 120mm or 140mm on top but the side panel is quite close.

If you use the 140mm on bottom, your PSU needs to be mounted using the ATX bracket and an ATX-SFX adapter ) not included with the Ncase). It will not be able to sit against the side panel. Beware, this means your PSU may be breathing in hot air. I had to upgrade my Silverstone 450 to a Corsair 600 in order to keep PSU temps within range. Luckily the Silverstone came with an ATX to SFX adapter, the Corsair did not.

The alternative is to use a 120mm fan on the bottom of the C14s, this allows the psu to sit flush against the sidepanel using the Ncase SFX mount. This offers lower psu temps (put the intake facing the panel) but can have a negative effect on cpu cooling. I went up about 6-10C when i did this, however I was using a crappy 120mm fan, not a Noctua.

As for the spare NF14, keep it and buy another, then Dremel out the bottom of the case and install both of them there instead of using dual 120s.
Hello, thanks for the insight.
I thought it was a tight fit because of a chart I saw from someone testing a lot of cooling solutions.
Might actually return it since It'll be another good 3-4 months until I get my hands on one and I've to use another case in the meantime.
So I'll stick with a simpler solution like the U9S for the moment.

ShinjiLeery

Cable Smoosher
Oct 3, 2019
Hey everyone,
i already bought the C14S with a ryzen 5 3600 and the asus x570 strix.

i'm planning to finally build my first NCASE SFF build :)

I have 2 possibilities with the cooler configuration. Keep the 140mm fan and mount the PSU (corsair SF750) in atx position. This way i might get more performance out the cooler but maybe put the PSU in a not comfortable position.
Second, buy a 120mm fan (12 or 25?) and place the PSU in the ideal position but maybe lose some degrees in CPU cooling?

What do you all guys suggest?

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019

The adapter is included now.