Completed N0RDR1 Nano EVO - optimized for RTX 4060 Low Profile & HDPLEX GaN

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
No just wanted to see if I could use the axp x67 I had in a passive way but finn orientation is wrong

Reactions: REVOCCASES

Quigonjinn

Caliper Novice
May 8, 2023
Thanks guys! :)

to see if we can reach 10 chassis and for better planning / price calculation, just leave a comment here and tell me what exactly you'd be interested in...

just for example:
  • coated chassis only
  • coated chassis, CNC wood, steel mesh
  • coated chassis, laser cut wood, no steel mesh
  • coated chassis, steel mesh, no front panel
  • etc...
given I'll make max. 10 of these, I'm open for "special whishes"
Count me in for one please. Thank you.
  • coated chassis, CNC wood, steel mesh

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
seems we are close to the MOQ with 6 to 7 people interested so far - nice!

here are a few changes I made in the meantime:

the size of the top/side cutouts was adjusted and the number of visible screws to hold the mesh reduced (7 screws less):

Screenshot 2023-11-05 163621.jpg

the CNC wood panel was redesigned for better airflow and will be fixed from the inside now (4 visible screws less):

Screenshot 2023-11-05 164955.jpg

the number of visible screws for the laser cut wood front was reduced from 8 to 4

Screenshot 2023-11-05 172057.jpg

some open points:
  • is it OK for you, if I ship the cases without power buttons (16mm) and feet? because I know from my previous projects that people have very different ideas of what they like to use ...
  • I will not collect any money before the cases are actually ready to ship, however I would like to have some confirmation who really wants to take one. If you agree, I was thinking you can drop me a PM with your case preferences and shipping details ... that way I can also quote total cost incl. shipping to everyone individually ...
  • Let me know what you think and I'll start to organize the materials, so that the cases can ship in time before Christmas

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
based on your 👍 likes, I guess we can go ahead like that 🙂

so here is the price overview, if you are all on board...

base unit:
  • black coated chassis only (incl. all screws): EUR 95,-
options:
  • black steel mesh: +EUR 25,-
  • CNC wood front (walnut): +EUR 45,-
  • laser wood front (walnut or cherry): +EUR 20,-
again, please send me a PM until Friday with your desired options and your address so that I can quote each case individually including shipping...

koenigbasti

Efficiency Noob
Nov 7, 2023
I´m also interested in that case. Just made an Account for this. Is it possible that you could send me a dm? Dont know how to do this. Thanks

steelfractal

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Aug 15, 2019

base unit:
options:
again, please send me a PM until Friday with your desired options and your address so that I can quote each case individually including shipping...
Is the cutout holes locked or is possible to change it and is there holes for mounting feets

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Is the cutout holes locked or is possible to change it and is there holes for mounting feets

For the laser cut front you can design your own holes and I make it accordingly, if you mean this?

The motherboard standoff holes and the side panel screw holes can be used to mount feet, alternatively use 3M double sided tissue tape

Reactions: steelfractal

steelfractal

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Aug 15, 2019
For the laser cut front you can design your own holes and I make it accordingly, if you mean this?

The motherboard standoff holes and the side panel screw holes can be used to mount feet, alternatively use 3M double sided tissue tape
Was referring to cutout where the mesh would be

gusanu

Case Bender
New User
Aug 25, 2020
very interesting. I'd prefer teh black ridge with a 25 mm noctua fan on top, instead of NH-L12S. what is the exact cpu cooler height?

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
A great design, and in part reminds me of something I started to progress last year, but that simply involved butchering an existing design and swapping an aluminum front panel to a wood one.

The cooling integration is great and well thought.

Wondered if on the thicker wood panel whether thread inserts could be used so it could be secured from inside of the case, leaving a clean finish without screws visible on the outside of the case

Also, could the screw holes on the exterior be chamfered with an appropriate countersunk screw used so you get a flush screw finish with the panel?

I see you've mentioned already having a few to many screws, perhaps the number externally could also be reduced as well with by having a form of mounting on the underside that's not visible for the mesh. But again perhaps just chamfered and countersunk would be the easiest way just to get a clean flat surface finish over all.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
OK guys, short update... my set deadline has passed and I got 6 PMs / 2 of them are interested but still unsure if they'll really want to take the case... this means we haven't reached the desired MOQ of 10 chassis...

moving forward, I will check the possibility of making only 5 cases for this run without increasing the price...

Wondered if on the thicker wood panel whether thread inserts could be used so it could be secured from inside of the case, leaving a clean finish without screws visible on the outside of the case

Also, could the screw holes on the exterior be chamfered with an appropriate countersunk screw used so you get a flush screw finish with the panel?

I see you've mentioned already having a few to many screws, perhaps the number externally could also be reduced as well with by having a form of mounting on the underside that's not visible for the mesh. But again perhaps just chamfered and countersunk would be the easiest way just to get a clean flat surface finish over all.

the thicker wood will be fixed from the inside but w/o inserts

sure, countersunk screws would be possible but also adding cost and they still would be visible...

if you look at some of my previous projects (e.g. below), some nice visible screws are just part of my design language - I do understand if people prefer a "cleaner case" but as an mechanical engineer I personally just like the way this looks... :p

IMG_20210726_1606386.jpg IMG_20211119_1430126.jpg

Anadelaray

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 26, 2023
Ah shame, I will buy the wood one :-( I hope you reach 3 more people as soon as possible.

Can you send me the price for that case if it will be individual order?

Thank you!

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Ah shame, I will buy the wood one :-( I hope you reach 3 more people as soon as possible.

Can you send me the price for that case if it will be individual order?

Thank you!

See post #44

base unit:
options:

Reactions: Anadelaray