My upcoming Dan A4 v4.1 build.

Kapustniak

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 26, 2020
Hi guys,

So I have decided to build my first PC inside Dan. This is my first time so can your please check if everything will be working fine?

Specs:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler - Asetek 645lt with noctua
GPU - 2070 super, probably ventus OC
MB - Asus Strix B450-I
Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3600mhz
M.2 - Samsung

Kapustniak

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 26, 2020
Sorry, I accidentaly pressed post.

M.2 - Samsung EVO plus 500gb
PSU - Corsair SF 600W

I'am conserned if everything will work fine, if it wont overheat.

Have a nice day.

sageco

Case Bender
New User
Feb 16, 2020
I see yours also arrived yesterday.

I was thinking simillar things, though with an extra M.2 drive, just worried about thermals for the one on the back.

haoryouu

Chassis Packer
May 1, 2019
I see yours also arrived yesterday.

I was thinking simillar things, though with an extra M.2 drive, just worried about thermals for the one on the back.
If you have a thin heatsink that touches the case, the temps are pretty good. If you put it on the back without one, it gets pretty toasty. I had a 970 evo and it went up to 80's. With the heatsink it stays in the mid 60s hitting 70s sometimes.

sageco

Case Bender
New User
Feb 16, 2020
Is the rear m.2 on the Asus board positioned such that the riser cable doesn't block the card?

kyeb

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 23, 2019
kyeburchard.com
With a Ryzen 5 3600, the AIO seems like overkill to me. I'm using a 3700x with just the standard Noctua L9a, and while it idles higher relative to larger builds, the air cooler is certainly plenty to keep it within reason, even under heavy synthetic load. I'm also using a 2070 super, so the rest of the build is comparable.

So no, I can't imagine this overheating as sent here.

haoryouu

Chassis Packer
May 1, 2019
With a Ryzen 5 3600, the AIO seems like overkill to me. I'm using a 3700x with just the standard Noctua L9a, and while it idles higher relative to larger builds, the air cooler is certainly plenty to keep it within reason, even under heavy synthetic load. I'm also using a 2070 super, so the rest of the build is comparable.

So no, I can't imagine this overheating as sent here.
Likewise, the only thing I had trouble with is... if I left it at stock the voltage would try to hit 1.4 quite often (even with bios updates). I ended up just putting the cpu to 4.1 @ 1.25v, and temps are in control now. Is yours set a a certain voltage, or is it just running stock?

kyeb

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 23, 2019
kyeburchard.com
Likewise, the only thing I had trouble with is... if I left it at stock the voltage would try to hit 1.4 quite often (even with bios updates). I ended up just putting the cpu to 4.1 @ 1.25v, and temps are in control now. Is yours set a a certain voltage, or is it just running stock?
I'm currently running mine at stock voltages, but want to experiment a bit when I get the chance to later on - just a bit busy with stuff now.