My LOL scratch build

axtran

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
This looks absolutely stunning! I'm going to out on a limb and say that it wouldn't dethrone my S4 Mini from my desk though ;)

dinosoar

Caliper Novice
Jul 7, 2017
Thank You. That's an informative reply, and I really kike the phrase "gin up"...I've never heard that before. Well, this ASUS G20 I own does have a non-comp board. However, I am hopeful to find something else to bolt in its place. I believe there have been some diff chipsets used on the G20, so I'll keep on lookin'. Thank You, dinosoar.

sansoo22

Chassis Packer
Aug 6, 2017
Your patience is to be admired. I have the know how to complete a build like this but it would be sitting in a small pile in my shop because I lack the patience to see something like this thru. I assume anywhere the epoxy filled in one of the mesh holes it had to be drilled or filed.

neilhart

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Apr 18, 2017
Your patience is to be admired. I have the know how to complete a build like this but it would be sitting in a small pile in my shop because I lack the patience to see something like this thru. I assume anywhere the epoxy filled in one of the mesh holes it had to be drilled or filed.

Yes projects that use 24 hour cure epoxy are best not rushed and can take a long time to complete. This then means that you need multiple concurrent projects to fill the time (or a job). Being retired, I now try to plan other construction such as ABS which can be joined with ABS solvent welding in a very short time as can acrylic.

Neil