Discussion Need advice! HP Z2 mini G5 vs G9

• Thread starter Deleted member 30288
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30288

Original poster
Really need someone with actual knowledge over my limited take on this.
Currently weighing up an HP Z2 mini G5, vs the Z2 mini G9 thats about to come out. I have some concerns/questions!

1) I see this RTX A2000 is actually SLOWER in benchmarks/tests than the older Quadro RTX3000 in the previous shortly to be EOL Mini G5.
So that is not a great start.

2) Does the newer RTX A2000 go into "0rpm fan mode" when only the desktop is being used normally, and using say the graphics on the i9-12900?

3) Could the fan on the RTX A2000 actually be louder than the older MXM Laptop Quadro in the G5?

4) The older Xeon W-1290 in the G5, could that handle virtualisation better than this AlderLake i9? I see some folks report that the P and E cores cause issues with virtualisation..

5 Final question, so sorry) I see NO Xeon version for the Z2 mini 9, and HP confirm they do not have one, with the W680 chipset, which supports the Xeon, could it be possible to retro fit one when they come out? I know this is almost impossible to answer, maybe HP block different chips in microcode? I have no clue.

If anyone knows any reason that the older G5 might be a better setup than the newer G9, please let me know!