• Asus X570-I
  • 32GB G.SKILL DDR4 RAM 3600MHz CL16
  • Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
  • Samsung 860 Pro 4TB
  • SSUPD Meshlicious
  • EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
  • Corsair SF750
  • NZXT Z63 w. 2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM
Everything works fine so far but I'm still fine tuning the cooling (vs. noise). Unfortunately the Asus X570-I has a noisy chipset fan and there is no option in the BIOS to change the fan curve. Does anyone have the same board and found a solution to reduce the fan speed? Additionally I have noticed that Z63 pump is louder than the X63 pump in my old build.

Greetings from Switzerland!

Reactions: BaK

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Hi dear compatriot, and welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your first SFF build, dense as I like them and with very good cable management! :thumb:
You've got top notch hardware, what a beast!

Can't help with the noisy chipset fan, been avoiding actively cooled motherboards for that exact reason.
But if the fan has a regular connector, you could either connect it to another fan header on the motherboard and manage it from the BIOS, or add an electrical resistance like a Noctua LNA in order to reduce its speed.

Reactions: Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Oct 5, 2021
Thanks! While checking the picture I've noticed that the lowest PCI-E power connector is not plugged in properly - this is corrected now. 😅
I was thinking about a fan cable adapter but unfortunately the fan has a proprietary connector. In case I can't find another solution I will solder a resistor in series to the 12V line in order to limit the speed to max. 4'500 rpm (but this takes time since I have to disassemble the mainboard for that).

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Have you checked your BIOS version? I don't own this board but I remember posts saying that the chipset fan was controllable after a BIOS update.

Reactions: Arboreal

Sephiroth

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Oct 5, 2021
Yes, I have flashed the latest BIOS but unfortunately Asus does not provide any fan control (on any X570 board).