Motherboard msi B550I Gaming Edge Wifi

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
Talking issue - anyone has any problem with Bluetooth? I can't connect my BT speaker nor my BT keyboard. The occasionaly make connection but then it lags so badly that it disconnects after a while.
Installed latest drivers from MSI site, updated Windows 10, etc.

Device are working perfectly fine on other computers ...

Edit:: Also couldn't clear CMOS with 5sec power button hold.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Asus has only three USB 3.2 ports too, on the back. And one USB 2.0. Same shit.

MSI board is only one with 3A 4pin connector and can handle D5 pump directly.
Do you actually have a D5 pump wired for 4-pin fan header? I only see them wired for Molex these days. Or did you rewire it yourself?

Terixko

Cable Smoosher
Jul 11, 2020
i was going to choose this board but seeing all those issues, i went with the gigabyte instead, since i will use the NR200, no need for front usb c.

Terixko

Cable Smoosher
Jul 11, 2020
Gigabyte has own problems list.
For most people this problems are not present.
which problem the B550I AORUS PRO AX have? all the review i've seen (in french and english) seems to say that it is an amazing board (especially on the vrm temps). (will couple it with a Ryzen 3 4900x)

bius

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 12, 2020
guys, help me out here, please!
ryzen 3600
scythe big shuriken 3 with 120mmx25mm fan
corsair 32gb 3600mhz memory
lastest bios from MSI forum 1.22 I think

the bios is all stock (only XMP enable) and it's hitting 1.44v one core (on load) and the idle temps are around 40~50 (i know my cooler it's not the best to keep the temps down I bought more for aesthetics)

my question is you guys know where in the bios should I limit my voltages around 1.37~1.38, I've tried vcore override and override of - offset but HWINFO still reports high voltages on a light workload, I just want the stock performance and lower the voltage so I can get lower temps

My build is still a WIP so I'll post pics ASAP, I'm waiting for some parts but 90% done

bius

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 12, 2020
1.22-1.25 for 4.1 Ghz.
Turn off PBO
thanks for the tip.
PBO is off and what I did was set vcore with off set negative. the maximum now is 1.33 with -0.0750mv off set
that's a little better than everything auto, but now all cores are at 4.1 and won't go lower when on IDLE and not the vcore (c-states I think this is called)

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
now all cores are at 4.1 and won't go lower when on IDLE and not the vcore (c-states I think this is called)
It's ok then overclock. Use HWINFO, U can see real core clock is not 4.1 all the time and do not generate heat. C state also works.

change offset to fixed voltage - 1.23-1.25.

NOKYARD

Trash Compacter
Jul 7, 2018
Obviously we would like to see deeper dives on each board, but so far only half of them have been properly reviewed. This video is sufficient for most builders to help choose between the 4, and enthusiast builders will be doing their own deeper research before buying. You are correct in your assessment on what this video lacked and hopefully other reviewers will cover them in more depth.

Myself, i plan to purchase the successor to the 3700X so any board which can overclock a 3950X will have sufficient power delivery for my needs.

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
If you use stock settings, no matter witch board will be. All 4 is fine. MSI must fix BIOS, because board can't boot with memory overclock higher then 4066 mhz.

Reactions: Fitchew

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru