Motherboard msi B550I Gaming Edge Wifi

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com

zenpressocup

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2020
Ok. Just got an updated email from Noctua apologizing for the long delay. They said they'll be sending the parts to install the l9a on this using spacers (no backplate). I'll post a pic here when I receive them.

@AlexTSG @scatterforce I finally got the spacers (and other goodies as apology from the delay) from Noctua. They were really accommodating.

Height is about 3mm.

Reactions: AlexTSG

Terixko

Cable Smoosher
Jul 11, 2020
Is msi already updating this motherboard with a "Max" version?
if true, it does not bode well for the non max issues...

B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
If there is a MAX version, I'm assuming MSI would need to add features to it in order to justify the change of name.

I would think that additional USB ports, or a BIOS reset accessible from the back panel would be a good start, but from the photo I don't see any physical changes.

Is there any info, aside from this photo on what changes would be made?

Surely it can't just be an update that does what the original motherboard was already supposed to be able to do. I would think that if there were hardware changes necessary to fix issues that MSI would have just quietly released a v2.0 board.

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
New release for just CMOS button seem strange. Wondering if they mixed something else or updated anything as well.

Do we have any means to ask for replacement or it will be up to their good will?

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
I there will be more improvements, I think we need group require for RMA. One month they can't fix 4066 Mhz memory limit and PWM control delay.

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
They basically fitted a button over the pins and gave it a new name ... This seem like a very odd decision.
Will they sale both MB now or?
On the other hand, they don't seem to have improved anything else.

Almost wondering if it is worth the time investment to ask for replacement. Although they deserve it ...

r3load3d

Cable Smoosher
Jan 13, 2020
I found, what in new BIOS you can set passive mode for chipset fan. But is not passive mode, it's convulsions mode.
Third video. First two it is PWM delay demonstration.

Same problem here with the new BIOS and 'passive' mode. The fan makes an annoying tick sound every few seconds when it starts up and immediately stops. Does anyone actually test these before public release?

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
Tried my luck to get a replacement for my non-MAX board, but unfortunately I was cut off by MSI :/

SexyPotato

Efficiency Noob
Jul 29, 2020
I have a 120mm AIO cooler that has a 4-pin(+12V-G-R-B) LED connector. I also have the Phantek Neon strip which uses 3-Pin 5V connector However, the MSI B550 ITX motherboard I believe can only take in a single 3-Pin 5V LED connector.

Does anyone what's the best solution to get everything working together?