Motherboard msi B550I Gaming Edge Wifi

Platobob

Efficiency Noob
Jun 1, 2020
Any idea on when it is going to be released in the US? I pre-ordered on B&H once the listing went up on June 16th, but no "expected availability date" yet :/

Platobob

Efficiency Noob
Jun 1, 2020
FYI: I chatted with a Newegg rep, and was told they are expecting stock of the MSI B550I board on 7/6/2020. The date is approximate though and not a guarantee.

Reactions: ZivZulander

SimonC

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 23, 2020
Ebuyer originally claimed they would have stock on June 19th. I had some rather significant doubts and indeed that ended up being the case and they actually have no idea when they will have stock. Ended up going for a 10600k and a Z490i instead. Bit more expensive but didn’t want my other components sat sadly in their boxes any longer lol.

nutsforalmonds

Efficiency Noob
May 16, 2020
Third party seller listings on Newegg and Amazon in the US appeared this morning, but at +$60 over MSRP. Hopefully this means the stock is making its way over and we might start seeing first party inventory soon.

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020
I just got this mobo. The M.2 mini fan only runs when the drive is under load. Most of the time under normal use, it's not spinning.
The only thing I dislike is MSI moved the front panel connection (power) to the opposite far end.

ZivZulander

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2020
I just got this mobo. The M.2 mini fan only runs when the drive is under load. Most of the time under normal use, it's not spinning.
The only thing I dislike is MSI moved the front panel connection (power) to the opposite far end.

Country and retailer? So far I've only seen a post or two elsewhere from Netherlands having received any.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I can only get one from Amazon due to shipping restrictions at all the other online retailers I’ve checked. At the moment I’ve only seen listings from 3rd Party sellers which are marked up $40 - $50.

Like @NOKYARD I’ve also been checking availability a few times a day.

My choice of AIO is also going to be tough to get. I want the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 which is never in stock ?

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
Anyone got this one?
Mine is up and running since yesterday but I feel there is something buggy in its first and latest official bios - I don't seem to be able to apply any voltage offset. As soon as I try any negativa value I get 1.6v instead ...

ZivZulander

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2020
Anyone got this one?
Mine is up and running since yesterday but I feel there is something buggy in its first and latest official bios - I don't seem to be able to apply any voltage offset. As soon as I try any negativa value I get 1.6v instead ...

You are using "offset mode mark" to set value negative, correct?

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
Yep - setting it to "-"
Should PBO be set to something as well? All is Auto/default at the moment, except for the offset

Editing my post:
I will go for buggy BIOS and poor voltage control. I installed MSI Dragon (the type of programs I try to avoid) and it obviously has profiles (changing fans, clock speed, voltages). I can't edit these (at least I can't see where).
So, here is me, sitting on the desktop just changing between Silent and Extreme Performance. Notice the fan speed and the temperature:

Last edited:

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Yep - setting it to "-"
Should PBO be set to something as well? All is Auto/default at the moment, except for the offset

Editing my post:
I will go for buggy BIOS and poor voltage control. I installed MSI Dragon (the type of programs I try to avoid) and it obviously has profiles (changing fans, clock speed, voltages). I can't edit these (at least I can't see where).
So, here is me, sitting on the desktop just changing between Silent and Extreme Performance. Notice the fan speed and the temperature:
1.39V? Is that voltage consistent? If so, and that reading is correct, that might degrade your chip if given enough time. Shouldn't be a risk at those clocks, but still... Damn, that board needs a BIOS update.

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
Without the Dragon software it is even worse - it is 1.41v to 1.45v. Well, after I set the minimum CPU state in Windows, it gets down to 0.9v-1.1v while idling but this is like 20% of the time.

There is actually newer BIOS but it is still marked as beta. We will see - I already wrote in MSI forum and also I have a ticket with them. Maybe they will tell me to load this beta bios.