News MonsterLabo 16L Passive Case

Happened across some targeted advertising the other day that interested me! This looks like a new company coming into the case and cooling market. Interesting concept that looks like the early Calyos passive cooling setup, though it looks like this one uses regular old heat pipes rather than the phase change cooling that Calyos uses.

Some things that I found interesting:
  • From looking at some Facebook comments it looks like the case will be pretty expensive at 300-400 euros.
  • The heatsink is shared between the CPU and GPU
  • Could probably drop to 10-12L if someone cut off the lower portion where they have space for a Full ATX PSU.
  • No direct access to MB/GPU IO? It looks like the cables may be run through the side of the case since the ports are downward facing and I don't see access to them.
What're your thoughts on it?

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
from what I see, cables would need to be about 350mm long, which might be quite limiting indeed. This is where extensions will come in handy

edit 1 : Just got confirmation from SilverStone that they'll be sending me their new passive NightJar SFX for the review too :)

edit 2 : First big worry about this case. It has no riser, which makes me question compatibility as motherboards have sockets in various locations, as well as GPUs.

Last edited:

ckychris

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2018
I have brought this case and will be doing some testing with some undervolt friendly components.

8/8 Ryzen 1700 - 75W
Gtx 1070 - 100W

I am expecting they both stay under 60C under gaming load. And individually under 60C running torture tests.

Undervolting is the key to run hardware like 1080ti in this case, would love to see the first passive cooling case that can handles an undervolt 1080ti.

Reactions: dealda and Kooki

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
Thread title is still like the protype was, their prototype size was 400*200*200, but they revised this with physical models.