Calyos air cooler with flexible heat pipes

DontPeek

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
I'm sure some of you remember the Calyos fanless case but I was looking into the idea of using their flexible heat pipes for an AIO style air cooler and low and behold they'd already thought of that,

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...o-produce-stand-alone-loop-heat-pipe-coolers/

The 400w one uses 80mm fans and these prototypes seem to be more for server solutions, however I thought these would be perfect for SFF builds. Like an AIO the install would be easy, there would be less stress on the MOBO for portable systems, and compatibility with things like ram would be much improved but you don't have to worry about noisy pumps, huge CPU blocks, finding a place for reservoirs, etc.

As you can see this is kind of old news but I hadn't really seen any discussions about it and I found it very interesting.

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
If theres no pump wouldn't that also mean these things would basically work reliably almost as long as a standard heatsink but with way more performance o.o?

Reactions: SeñorDonut

DontPeek

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
If theres no pump wouldn't that also mean these things would basically work reliably almost as long as a standard heatsink but with way more performance o.o?

Yeah I would think something like this would be more reliable than an AIO and close to as reliable as a standard heatsink.

Chrizz

Average Stuffer
Jan 23, 2017
Are the heat pipes bendable though? If not, it will be hard to place the heatsink where you want it.