heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Nice! Let us know what do you think about the tradeoff of noise with size. Personally I could't live with it so I switched back to SFX, but am just curious about people's tolerance to noise in general :p

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
I have one of their PSUs the Acbel one. And it sucks. My NVME drives don't boot properly with it. I still have to return it but I'm lazy.

Josh | NFC insists that the " Enhance ENP-7660B " they offer, is quiet & works well.

i'll test it in my 6.9L case next month, & then let you know if he's right.

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Josh | NFC insists that the " Enhance ENP-7660B " they offer, is quiet & works well.

i'll test it in my 6.9L case next month, & then let you know if he's right.
It's quiet on idle, but it's still loud like a blower in games and rendering apps. My guess is somewhere around 350W, but I'm not sure. I was running 8700K+1080Ti, both undervolted. Other than noise, I didn't found any issues with the PSU. Unfortunately, noise alone is personally a dealbreaker.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
It's quiet on idle, but it's still loud like a blower in games and rendering apps. My guess is somewhere around 350W, but I'm not sure. I was running 8700K+1080Ti, both undervolted. Other than noise, I didn't found any issues with the PSU. Unfortunately, noise alone is personally a dealbreaker.

Did you try swapping out for a Noctua Fan?

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017

just to be perfectly clear, you have this exact model - Enhance " ENP-7660B " ??

because BernardoZ has been promising low noise, & selling them using that promise - https://www.z-cases.com/product-page/600w-enhance-gold-flex-1u-psu

i don't want noise unless its low.

Last edited:

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
just to be perfectly clear, you have this exact model - Enhance " ENP-7660B " ??

because BernardoZ has been promising very low noise, & selling them using that promise - https://www.z-cases.com/product-page/600w-enhance-gold-flex-1u-psu

i don't want noise unless its low.
Yeah I had the exact same model. Maybe it's "quiet" by flex standards? I also had a Delta 500W plat which was noisier, but both are what I still consider as very noisy. For reference I am using the SF600 Plat now, which I consider as quiet. Not silent, but quiet.

Did you try swapping out for a Noctua Fan?
Not the Noctuas, but this one: http://www.scythe-eu.com/en/products/fans/mini-kaze.html. I bought it modded and they only have that option. The modder said the Scythe fan is much quieter than stock, and if that is true I can't imagine how loud the stock fan is.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
Maybe it's "quiet" by flex standards? I also had a Delta 500W plat which was noisier, but both are what I still consider as very noisy.

if true, then BernardoZ has been EXTREMELY misleading, about PSUs he promotes on this forum.

Last edited:

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Just want to give a perspective to my experience. I have the Enhance ENP-7660B PSU bought from Taobao supposedly with stock cables and stock fan and it has been silent thus far. I used it to power i5-7500 & Zotac GTX 1070Ti/Sapphire R9 Nano and Ryzen 5 3600 with the same GPUs and it is silent when gaming as I cannot hear the PSU fan. The GPU and CPU fans are louder than the PSU fan.

The PSU fan only turn on loud one time where I was fully stressing the system with Furmark and Prime95 on i5-7500 & R9 Nano +50% TDP (toasty) inside a Metalfish S3 but these are very unrealistic loads. At that time all the fans are running pretty much max speed and the PC sounds like a jet engine lol.

For reference, this is the Taobao link where I bought the PSU from and I believe it should be stock. If not, please correct me.

EDIT: for reference, this is what the PSU looks like in a different case with i5-7500 and GTX 1070 Ti Mini. Metalfish S3 is much more cramped compared to this case due to the long cables.

Last edited:

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
Just want to give a perspective to my experience. I have the Enhance ENP-7660B PSU bought from Taobao supposedly with stock cables and stock fan and it has been silent thus far. I used it to power i5-7500 & Zotac GTX 1070Ti/Sapphire R9 Nano and Ryzen 5 3600 with the same GPUs and it is silent when gaming as I cannot hear the PSU fan. The GPU and CPU fans are louder than the PSU fan.

The PSU fan only turn on loud one time where I was fully stressing the system with Furmark and Prime95 on i5-7500 & R9 Nano +50% TDP (toasty) inside a Metalfish S3 but these are very unrealistic loads. At that time all the fans are running pretty much max speed and the PC sounds like a jet engine lol.

i'll need to ask Josh | NFC to settle this, by testing it for me.

there are too many conflicting reports.

no one wants the headache of return shipping, to another country, because it's complicated & expensive.

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
i'll need to ask Josh | NFC to settle this, by testing it for me.

there are too many conflicting reports.

no one wants the headache of return shipping, to another country, because it's complicated & expensive.
To those that said the PSU is quiet, I am wondering what their components/system draw are. I think the PSU should be fine for budget gaming systems. Just not for my use case.

Advokatrix

Average Stuffer
Dec 29, 2017
Its half off topic but still considering "modding" a flex-atx psu:

I am considering a flex-atx psu (Silverstone fx-350g or Seasonic ssp-300sug). To be fair, I had the Silverstone one before and returned it because it was way too noisy. Still, I would consider that psu again, if there is a "good mod" to the psu. Many use the Noctua nf-a4 10. Its much quieter but still kind of noisy.

So I wonder, if its possible to use a flex-atx psu without the top cover passively? In comparison, Dells external power bricks (like the 330W) run without a fan too.
If the components in a flex-atx psu are high quality (80+ gold standard maybe?), it might be possible to just run the psu with an open lid?

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
I often thought putting two undervolted 80x10mm fans on top of a delidded flex ATX PSU might be the best where such fits... I haven't considered going fully passive.