• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

protoMario

Cable Smoosher
Jul 23, 2021
Does anyone know the type of motherboard screws used in the motherboard standoffs, and the riser cable standoffs? One of each of these stand offs broke off while I was replacing parts.

• Wow
Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Does anyone know the type of motherboard screws used in the motherboard standoffs, and the riser cable standoffs? One of each of these stand offs broke off while I was replacing parts.

For motherboard: ANSI B18.6.3 - 6-32x1/4 Phillips Pan Head
For riser: DIN 7984 M3 x 4

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I received my riser and replacement parts!

I should have expected that since the glass was replaced without the frame that the O2 filter would have only been the mesh. Seems easy enough to swap though. Is there a recommended method for removing the old mesh and/or booster PCB without damaging the panels? Any preferred super glue?

Looking forward to swapping parts (and testing the riser)..

Thanks for everything @AlexTzone and team!

Please share a couple of pics of the replacement parts and I'll get you suggestion :)

VictorNg

Trash Compacter
Oct 14, 2019
After much delay its finally complete.

cakePlease

Trash Compacter
Jan 27, 2017
Got my replacement parts, thank you Alex.

If anyone has a black Borg they are not using, let me know. I'll be interested in taking it off your hands.

• Love

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
After much delay its finally complete.

This is a master piece, the most epic thing I’ve see 😍🤤🤤

Got my replacement parts, thank you Alex.

If anyone has a black Borg they are not using, let me know. I'll be interested in taking it off your hands.

So happy to hear that. I’m quite sure we’ve been the slowest company in existence, but it makes me really happy that people who received a damaged product are still happy after all this time it took us to send out replacement stuff. We'll do better, but I hope your MJOLNIR build turns out epic! 😊

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
Hi @AlexTzone , after such a long wait, I must say I am disappointed.

I have email records of your team informing me that you will replace the shield of founders with the cheap glass that arrived shattered. And now you are saying it is no longer in production and you will not replace it. If that is the case, shouldn't you at least give me a regular glass panel to make up for it?

To add, the replacement panel I received is poorly QC-ed and does not sit flush against the case. This also needs to be replaced again.

I've been very patient with your missed timelines and numerous excuses. So I hope you will at least deliver on what you promised. As far as I'm concerned, I've yet to receive the replacements. Thanks.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi @AlexTzone , after such a long wait, I must say I am disappointed.

I have email records of your team informing me that you will replace the shield of founders with the cheap glass that arrived shattered. And now you are saying it is no longer in production and you will not replace it. If that is the case, shouldn't you at least give me a regular glass panel to make up for it?

To add, the replacement panel I received is poorly QC-ed and does not sit flush against the case. This also needs to be replaced again.

I've been very patient with your missed timelines and numerous excuses. So I hope you will at least deliver on what you promised. As far as I'm concerned, I've yet to receive the replacements. Thanks.

I understand that you are disappointed, I’m very sorry for that and we're thinking of additional ways to compensate those who had to wait for replacement parts. I hope that what we will offer will at least somewhat compensate for the fact that we don't have shield of founders replacements.

Regarding the panel that isn’t sitting perfectly flush, based on your video it looks to be due to normal flatness tolerances, about 0.5-1mm. Both the shell and the panels can have slight deviation in flatness, this an unavoidable part of the extrusion process. In your case it's easy to slightly (and very carefully) straighten the panel yourself, but since the deviation is so small I wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Any news regarding replacement shells? Have they been shipped yet?

Could you please elaborate on that?

Not shipped yet, I will check with the factory on Monday and then layout a schedule. They are currently gluing the magnets into the replacement shells.

Well basically, for NANOQ there will be several addons (some are yet unrevealed). I'm thinking we can give one of these for free to those who have been affected by replacement parts for their MJOLNIRs. And I'm not talking about some free sticker or something, but one fine and expensive piece of machining and engineering.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Great news, the replacement shells are complete! :D I am on vacation until Monday, so I plan to contact the freight forwarder with shipping info on Monday, get the quote back on Tuesday, have them pick the stuff up on Wednesday and get/send out tracking around Friday.

Reactions: ARC1T3CT

JHayes

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 29, 2023
Great news, the replacement shells are complete! :D I am on vacation until Monday, so I plan to contact the freight forwarder with shipping info on Monday, get the quote back on Tuesday, have them pick the stuff up on Wednesday and get/send out tracking around Friday.
Hey Alex,

Any update on shipping status of replacement shells?
Being the unfortunate recipient of a damaged shell, myself and others seemed to have been pushed to the absolute bottom of the queue for being earlier adopters...

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Hayes

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey Alex,

Any update on shipping status of replacement shells?
Being the unfortunate recipient of a damaged shell, myself and others seemed to have been pushed to the absolute bottom of the queue for being earlier adopters...

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Hayes

Hi, very sorry for this!

Like planned the shells have been delivered to our freight forwarder and all they need now is for me to send them the shipping details. I’ll do so tomorrow, then wait for them to send the quote, pay it and receive the tracking numbers, then finally send them to you guys. They usually take 2-3 days to send the quote and we usually take 1-2 days to send the tracking numbers.

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
Hi, very sorry for this!

Like planned the shells have been delivered to our freight forwarder and all they need now is for me to send them the shipping details. I’ll do so tomorrow, then wait for them to send the quote, pay it and receive the tracking numbers, then finally send them to you guys. They usually take 2-3 days to send the quote and we usually take 1-2 days to send the tracking numbers.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Sorry for the delay, they have been at our freight forwarder for the past week. I’m about to let them send the shipment but I had some questions about a couple of packages and just want to make sure that they don’t contain incorrect parts. This week I’m confident we'll send most (if not all) of those tracking numbers.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The issues have been cleared up, I’m sending shipment info to the freight forwarder now so they can label and ship the replacement parts.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The freight forwarder has shipped the parts and are organizing the tracking numbers, so I should have the tomorrow or Friday. Not so many this time so we'll send them out in one day :)