AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Actually this is not true.
I have a RTX 3060 with the first batch Mjolnir and the computer won't POST unless I downgrade the riser and force. So the whole point of the riser extra cost is to avoid this. We (the community that believe in this product) have bought new parts from 2020-2022, so this cannot be the case of "aging" parts.

If it was expensive then you should have proposed it - at this point we rather buy once and get no issue than to install and have to rebuy again

Sorry I’ll clarify what I meant:

• Gen 3 riser: 4.0 parts won’t POST

• Current riser: 4.0 parts will POST, and in most cases run fine (I mean out of the 750 or so MJOLNIRs we’ve sent out in this batch so far about 5 people have mentioned having problems running 4.0 after actually testing it). If the issues arise, one can change PCIe port to Gen 3 in BIOS and avoid those issues at negligible performance loss.

As I’ve stated previously, the new riser @riba2233 was talking about did not exist at the time. The supplier didn’t show it to me at the time I inquired about making a Gen 4.0 riser purchase, otherwise I’d already I would have taken it up with you guys. The options we had was the current riser as well as a whole other riser that was well over 100 USD (similar to the Louqe riser, this one: https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0cwOPC).

We tested both risers available at the time and they both worked at Gen 4.

Last edited:

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
• Current riser: 4.0 parts will POST, and in most cases run fine (I mean out of the 750 or so MJOLNIRs we’ve sent out in this batch so far about 5 people have mentioned having problems running 4.0 after actually testing it). If the issues arise, one can change PCIe port to Gen 3 in BIOS and avoid those issues at negligible performance loss.

A 4.0 riser that does not function fully at 4.0 speeds & is advertised as such by the manufacturer is not a high-quality 4.0 riser.

Telling me to make it functionally the same as the ONE I ALREADY HAD is not an appropriate remedy for the bait & switch.

As I’ve stated previously, the new riser @riba2233 was talking about did not exist at the time. The supplier didn’t show it to me at the time I inquired about making a Gen 4.0 riser purchase, otherwise I’d already I would have taken it up with you guys. The options we had was the current riser as well as a whole other riser that was well over 100 USD (similar to the Louqe riser, this one: https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0cwOPC).

So you planned to give us a not-really-4.0 riser from the very beginning & had no qualms about keeping quiet about it until pressed. Thanks to admitting to the scam, Alex.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
A 4.0 riser that does not function fully at 4.0 speeds & is advertised as such by the manufacturer is not a high-quality 4.0 riser.

Telling me to make it functionally the same as the ONE I ALREADY HAD is not an appropriate remedy for the bait & switch.

So you planned to give us a not-really-4.0 riser from the very beginning & had no qualms about keeping quiet about it until pressed. Thanks to admitting to the scam, Alex.

You are not aware that manufacturers can update their websites? Both risers were stated to run at 4.0 by the supplier at the time I ordered them, and after testing them both we concluded the same. I can’t see into the future and know another cable is on the way some time in 2022, maybe you can.

Saying that I purposefully did some bait and switch is taken straight out of your butt, like so many other “facts” you spill out here and then contradict yourself later.

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
You are not aware that manufacturers can update their websites?

It's said that they're non-functional at 4.0 since at least August of last year.

The fact is you sold me a defective riser. It does not work at 4.0. If you bought them & they were found to be not up to par between the time of the order (unknown, but after February) & when they arrived, that's between you & the vendor. It's not my problem they sold you risers that don't function at 4.0, that's your problem. If the riser that I bought myself from AliExpress turns out to not work at 4.0, well then that's on me. But you had an obligation to me to provide me a fully-functional 4.0 riser & you have chosen to fail in that obligation.

I tried giving you the benefit of the doubt. I took my machine apart, I did the swap. It doesn't work at 4.0 for me. I couldn't even get it to the BIOS to turn it back down to 3.0 & I had to pull an older GPU out of another computer to get my machine working at all. I put the original 3.0 back in & threw the "4.0ish" riser back in the antistatic bag.

Had you not taken 9 extra months to get this piece of junk to me I could have filed a chargeback for substandard merchandise/false advertising,, but at 402 days it's too late.

cakePlease

Trash Compacter
Jan 27, 2017
Now I’m going to list all issues in the current batch, from most important to least:

1. Riser

2. Booster Cell fan header

- While this issue is easily fixed, just snap off the plastic guard, it is saddening because this supplier has manufactured our electronics without any issues for the past years. Other than the wrong header the electronics are beautiful. I don’t believe the supplier had bad intentions, the connectors are super similar and it’s not like one is cheaper than the other. Again, luckily it’s an easy fix.

3. Tear in O2 Panel mesh
- It seems that for some people, the sharp riser bag punctured the O2 mesh during shipping. We should have secured them better, some shipments seem to have very violent journeys.

For these 3 items you mention in your list of issues. What is the proposed resolution to it. For me, all three issues are apparent. At the very least lay out a plan to remedy this for affected users, or not remedy. But at least let us know so we can plan/coordinate accordingly on our end.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
MOD BREAK:

Hey y'all, we've noticed a lot of ongoing negativity in this thread. This isn't productive - It's driving people away from even participating in this thread - with good or bad feedback/etc.

@runsamok It seems you have a targeted distaste for how Alex does business and his dealings with you. It's clear from the tens (hundreds?) of posts in this thread. We get the point. A lot of this could have been done in private. This is bordering on harrassment. I understand where you are coming from regarding customer support and wanting the problems resolved, but this isn't the way to go about it.

@AlexTzone It seems that ongoing issues your business has with the above user have not been resolved - could you two please work in private towards a solution? I also see delays in resolving issues with other users as well - please communicate with them clearly and follow through with promises.

SFF Network aims to be a home for positive, productive interactions between users, vendors and manufacturers. As part of this, we reserve the right to moderate content as we see fit to keep the community growing in a positive way. I implore users to re-read the rules: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/help/terms/

As it says clearly: Simply put, don’t be a jerk.

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021
For me is just common sense. Why anybody would buy a fake 4.0 riser if they already have a 3.0 working? You sold a "High quality 4.0 PCI-E riser cable" and now you are surprised that people complains when the item we receive is not what you advertised? And knowing that it was warned at the manufacturer website doesn't help you either.

What you do with this will determine your future in this business.

P.D: And please, please.... stop assuming that if only 5% is complaining, the other 95% is absolutely crazy about your products. Not all people have the time and want to waste more of them complaining to incompetent liars.

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022
Under EU law, a trader must repair, replace, reduce the price or refund the purchase price of goods you have bought if they turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised. I would like to take advantage of this and kindly ask you to execute one of these actions until 14.02.2023 Otherwise, the power of the law must be consulted as sweden is inside the EU since 1995. I hope we can come to an agreement like adult civilised people. This is from: europa.eu website.

I want to sell it as soon as there is a replacement/refund and will leave this thread.

Im writing this also here because nobody answers my mail. Its sad that i got a reply after a few hours for simple questions but waiting for days/weeks/forever if its about replacements. Even on Twitter there is daily activity from your side.

Thank you

Last edited:

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
Alex offered it to me during our PM conversation & I took it so I could offset the cost of the real riser coming from AliExpress. Maybe PMing him here might work?

Reactions: NotBoringCase

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I'm not really up to speed and given the contents of this particular page, don't really want to go scrolling back. To me, from what little I've seen so far, the root cause of this is still down to the slow turn around of orders right? It's like if you ordered a 2080, but by the time its shipping 4080's are shipping from alternative suppliers. Technology moves at a pace that is basically obsoleting the electronics components of the Mjolnir.

Anyway, i don't want to restart the argument, but just dropping by to say that I haven't gotten my tracking number yet.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I'm not really up to speed and given the contents of this particular page, don't really want to go scrolling back. To me, from what little I've seen so far, the root cause of this is still down to the slow turn around of orders right? It's like if you ordered a 2080, but by the time its shipping 4080's are shipping from alternative suppliers. Technology moves at a pace that is basically obsoleting the electronics components of the Mjolnir.

Anyway, i don't want to restart the argument, but just dropping by to say that I haven't gotten my tracking number yet.
There is a spreadsheet to keep track with your order number and the shipping queue:

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022

it is possible that you may have missed the link to update your address. that has been send last year to get the shipment process started, so you may be one of the "not verified address"es. Thats the reason you dont even have a tracking number. Just write them a mail, i hope it will get answered, mine doesnt.

asamsonas

Efficiency Noob
Dec 20, 2020
Yeah situation is not ideal, these risers were launched as gen4 but I guess they realized they don't perform so they downgraded them to gen3.
I bought a few to test them and concluded that they can at least boot at gen4 (which majority of gen3 can't so that is an advantage) but they fail bandwidth test.

It is possible that the supplier lied to Alex or didn't know better at the time, but still, I always test risers before selling them just to be sure.

If anyone wants a true gen 4 option, you can get ones from linkup, ADT R33JK model, or JHH gen4 which is the best imho.
Bought one with ADT R33JK on Aliexpress from an ADT specialized store because I've damaged my riser while closing the Mjolnir. I hope it works well

They have versions with PCI Express 5.0 but I don`t know if it works well

asamsonas

Efficiency Noob
Dec 20, 2020
Yeah situation is not ideal, these risers were launched as gen4 but I guess they realized they don't perform so they downgraded them to gen3.
I bought a few to test them and concluded that they can at least boot at gen4 (which majority of gen3 can't so that is an advantage) but they fail bandwidth test.

It is possible that the supplier lied to Alex or didn't know better at the time, but still, I always test risers before selling them just to be sure.

If anyone wants a true gen 4 option, you can get ones from linkup, ADT R33JK model, or JHH gen4 which is the best imho.
Bought one with ADT R33JK from an ADT specialized store on Aliexpress because I've damaged my riser while closing the Mjolnir. I hope it works well

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Bought one with ADT R33JK on Aliexpress from an ADT specialized store because I've damaged my riser while closing the Mjolnir. I hope it works well

They probably don't either since there are no gen5 GPUs on the market yet

Reactions: rfarmer

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
There is a spreadsheet to keep track with your order number and the shipping queue:
it is possible that you may have missed the link to update your address. that has been send last year to get the shipment process started, so you may be one of the "not verified address"es. Thats the reason you dont even have a tracking number. Just write them a mail, i hope it will get answered, mine doesnt.
Thanks for the links, I am aware of them, but I am still on the blank, I am one of them complicated orders with risers, borgs, and replacement parts.