• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022
I still dont understand whats tricky here. Someone gets a sheet with the needed parts and he puts them in a box, another person doublechecks and closes the box. If you send a mjolnir with addons and borg its the same procedure.
Anyways:
What is going to happen with the wrong fan connectors? Do we get replacement parts? I wont cut anything because that will damage the warranty, as there is no official statement or manual about this issue. As i want to sell the case because i dont need it anymore, some information would be nice. anyone who wants to buy it will want it cheaper because you cant use the booster cell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I still dont understand whats tricky here. Someone gets a sheet with the needed parts and he puts them in a box, another person doublechecks and closes the box. If you send a mjolnir with addons and borg its the same procedure.
Anyways:
What is going to happen with the wrong fan connectors? Do we get replacement parts? I wont cut anything because that will damage the warranty, as there is no official statement or manual about this issue. As i want to sell the case because i dont need it anymore, some information would be nice. anyone who wants to buy it will want it cheaper because you cant use the booster cell.

We will put out an official statement about this and it will not void warranty. Simply removing the plastic guard completely (the part that looks different) is enough.

I doubt you will get less for your MJOLNIR, new ones hardly ever pop up on Ebay and such. Once they do, they get sold quick, especially since this is the last batch.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoneG

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Got my tracking for Riser. Paid Duty, Estimate arrival date would be Monday.

HOWEVER as big as a supporter of Throne I have been since ive been part of the batch after KS, the cost doesn't justify the riser.

Total cost of riser WITH shipping to Canada was $44EUR(64$CAD) then it cost 21.80$CAD for duties because of DHL so this riser effectively costed 80$ shipped.

I just paid for custom MB cables on Etsy from a maker in China, 58$USD shipped where 6$ was shipping. I got tracking, no duties. It went from YUNExpress -> Canadapost (my local carrier)

Speed: DHL > Canadapost in terms of speed but 3x the cost of shipping

A riser 4.0 should not have costed and waited for this long for this price and get slapped with duties. I am aware that duties/taxes are the responsibility of the customer depending on where they live, this is offensive to me as a consumer. Single risers should have been shipped out via the many alternative carrier instead of DHL

For any one that bought the BORG+RISER your duty/tax will be 28$CAD (friend of mine bought that combo and just paid the duty/tax on it)

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
DHL has an expensive processing fee (not as high as FedEx) & they will always assess it, which sucks. Canada Post you spin the wheel & take your chances, but even if you do get dinged their processing fee is half that of DHL. I order a ton of stuff from Japan & China delivered via Canada Post only get hit with duty about 15% of the time.

Paying $19 in fees to collect $3 in taxes is egregious. (The only good thing about living in Alberta is we just have the GST, no PST/HST. $21.07 for the Full Monty of BORG & riser.)

With the state of the world when the orders went out & the original timeframe for delivery the mandatory express courier shipping was understandable, but we're getting things 8-10 months later than promised & the postal services have mostly returned to normal, making it an unneeded expense. I would have preferred the option to get my stuff sent SAL with duties paid. Waiting a week & a half to get the stuff wouldn't be any sacrifice at all after all the time spent waiting already.

I love my machine, I like the case, but after all the time, effort, frustration & disappointments I often wish I had bought one of the other cases I had my eye on back in 2019.

Thank god my parcel is out for delivery today, 1151 days after I backed the Kickstarter & 402 days after I paid for the BORG & riser cable. Finally I'll be able to flash my BIOS without taking apart two computers to get it to boot.

Once I get things swapped out this weekend I'll take some pics & post them up, happy to close the door on this ordeal.

the_trev

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2022
Simple fix (much better glue) but this is all the magnets that have come off in 24 hours from all sides.

Just the case, mind you. Seems the ones on the panels are fine

the_trev

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2022
Another issue, only thing changed in my setup is the case + riser, I'm getting crashes and graphical glitches when motherboard is set to pci-e 4.0. setting it to 3.0 fixes these issues.

Both my motherboard and GPU (and SSD, not that it matters) are all PCI-E 4.0 components. I did a fresh install last night too, just in case

You sure these are 4.0 risers?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Another issue, only thing changed in my setup is the case + riser, I'm getting crashes and graphical glitches when motherboard is set to pci-e 4.0. setting it to 3.0 fixes these issues.

Both my motherboard and GPU (and SSD, not that it matters) are all PCI-E 4.0 components. I did a fresh install last night too, just in case

You sure these are 4.0 risers?

@the_trev They're 3.0 risers. Source: I use a Mjolnir.

The old MJOLNIR risers are 3.0, but the latest batch is 4.0. The cable part on the old riser is flat, while the new one looks many cables stuck together next to each other. We've had no issues running 4.0 on our own machines, but we've had a customer that reported that some of his 4.0 gear has had compatibility issues, while it worked without issue when he used another 4.0 GPU. Try cleaning the cable connectors with rubbing alcohol and make sure there aren't any extreme bends, then check if the issue is still there.

Last edited:
Reactions: VELKASE Michael

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
So the BORG comes in a box with the wrong name on the outside, nothing but a bag of screws inside, zero instructions anywhere & no feet? And the riser might not actually work as 4.0?

• Wow
Reactions: PoneG

the_trev

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2022
My components:
- Asus TUF 3080Ti watercooled (it fits)
- Asus X570-I Strix
- AMD 5700x watercooled
- Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz CL16 32GB
- Also tried with Corsair Vengeance Pro RT 3600mhz CL16 32GB
- Corsair SF750

Running multiple games at 3440 x 1440, 144hz

I've seated and reseated the GPU and riser cables multiple times, there are no breaks in the cable, no shorts, and believe me I've triple checked to make sure there are no extraneous circumstances just in case. This cable will not run at PCI-E Gen 4 on a 3080Ti. I force it down to 3.0 in BIOS and I get smooth gameplay (FPS drops in Ghostrunner + RDR2), no audio stuttering, the system is normal. I'm going to test bandwidth numbers tomorrow because I'm tired of tinkering with hardware today. Also ordered a Linkup ITX riser to test that out.

If I'm being obtuse or optimistic about my chances of getting full speed with a riser, please call me out, but AFAIK this is an identical problem with the latest Fractal Ridge risers

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
My components:
- Asus TUF 3080Ti watercooled (it fits)
- Asus X570-I Strix
- AMD 5700x watercooled
- Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz CL16 32GB
- Also tried with Corsair Vengeance Pro RT 3600mhz CL16 32GB
- Corsair SF750

Running multiple games at 3440 x 1440, 144hz

I've seated and reseated the GPU and riser cables multiple times, there are no breaks in the cable, no shorts, and believe me I've triple checked to make sure there are no extraneous circumstances just in case. This cable will not run at PCI-E Gen 4 on a 3080Ti. I force it down to 3.0 in BIOS and I get smooth gameplay (FPS drops in Ghostrunner + RDR2), no audio stuttering, the system is normal. I'm going to test bandwidth numbers tomorrow because I'm tired of tinkering with hardware today. Also ordered a Linkup ITX riser to test that out.

If I'm being obtuse or optimistic about my chances of getting full speed with a riser, please call me out, but AFAIK this is an identical problem with the latest Fractal Ridge risers

Can you please share pictures of your riser, the cable part as well as the PCBs (where the model number is stated), I’ll check it against our reference ones and see if I can replicate the issue myself. Does the problem start right away when you boot or does it occur later?

the_trev

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2022
Can you please share pictures of your riser, the cable part as well as the PCBs (where the model number is stated), I’ll check it against our reference ones and see if I can replicate the issue myself. Does the problem start right away when you boot or does it occur later?

Will get pictures either tonight or tomorrow, no worries.

Sometimes it crashes on windows boot, sometimes I can play a game for a a few minutes or a few seconds. Can always POST and get through BIOS.

edit: been on PCI-E 3.0 all day today with 0 issues with varying workloads

Last edited:

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Asking for a friend.
For those who bought a BORG and received it
1. there are no rubber footing comparing to the case, what are y'all doing to compensate for this (would have prefer to have a rubber underneath to not scratch desk)
2. the "spacing" for cable, have y'all bought new "angled" cables to compensate or is everything fitting for y'all?

the_trev

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2022

Mjolnir Riser album
Got a Linkup cable today, 4.0 works. Spoke to someone on Reddit with a similar setup to mine, also dropped link speed with a 3080ti. I assume any 4xxx series that fits will probably suffer the same problem.

Wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for both m.2 drives also running in 4.0, where the difference is noticeable

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Mjolnir Riser album
Got a Linkup cable today, 4.0 works. Spoke to someone on Reddit with a similar setup to mine, also dropped link speed with a 3080ti. I assume any 4xxx series that fits will probably suffer the same problem.

Wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for both m.2 drives also running in 4.0, where the difference is noticeable

Riser on the pictures is not a true gen4 riser, it can boot at gen4 but can't provide full bandwidth. I sell them as gen3/4, only gen4 for booting. There is a very similar riser that works with gen4 fully (R33JK model, on the pictures is R33UF-TU), it has a slightly larger PCB next to the mounting holes.

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022
Riser on the pictures is not a true gen4 riser, it can boot at gen4 but can't provide full bandwidth. I sell them as gen3/4, only gen4 for booting. There is a very similar riser that works with gen4 fully (R33JK model, on the pictures is R33UF-TU), it has a slightly larger PCB next to the mounting holes.
Thank you for this information.
so all mjolnir owners will have this "4.0" riser now? the list of faulty things becomes a book. i will let my lawyer look into this.
no qc here. "made in sweden" is a joke. wouldnt buy again and i bet nobody will pay this sh*tload of money to me for a case with these faults.

Last edited:

Norem

Efficiency Noob
Dec 30, 2022
Same problem for me with this "Gen4" riser.
Also the fan header on the booster cell is faulty, I did cut it off. Already 5 magnets came off in the first day.
But it already started with delivery, my package was signed with a value of 50$ and they did not believe it, I also wouldn't. So I had to pay another 120€ in taxes and fees to get my package.
Overall pricing is now almost 670€. I've waited so long for this, now getting such a messy product is really frustrating.

the_trev

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2022

Appreciate the info, thanks

Think I need a refund on the riser then. I am done