• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Paul_the_Octopus

Trash Compacter
Apr 17, 2020
Another month has passed, those of us in batch 1 that haven’t gotten their cases are left to rot.
I am sick and tired of reading excuses after excuses, ups this, fedex that, customs this , covid that.
If i wanted to read a book of excuses i’d buy one .
i paid over 500 usd for a goddanm case and every month I’m seeing batch 2, preorders for batch 3 , advances in each and every batch X , and i still don’t even know when i will receive my goddanm case.
i entered this project full of hopes, now I will never back a kickstarter again. Fuck kickstarters.
Edit: typos

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Another month has passed, those of us in batch 1 that haven’t gotten their cases are left to rot.
I am sick and tired of reading excuses after excuses, ups this, fedex that, customs this , covid that.
If i wanted to read a book of excuses i’d buy one .
i paid over 500 usd for a goddanm case and every month I’m seeing batch 2, preorders for batch 3 , advances in each and every batch X , and i still don’t even know when i will receive my goddanm case.
i entered this project full of hopes, now I will never back a kickstarter again. Fuck kickstarters.
Edit: typos

Your case has been shipped now, as I wrote yesterday. Tracking numbers will be sent out on Monday or Tuesday.

Reactions: ArkImpulse

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
You still promised one thing & delivered another. You're still advertising tempered glass panels & a next-gen riser on the website, despite neither of those things being true, yet have the gall to get into a semantic argument with me? Regardless of what the state of the Kickstarter was when I pledged, I factually & emphatically didn't get what you said I would when you took my money, Alex. And by the time you started dragging your feet & making changes behind the scenes (intended & otherwise) it was too late to get my money back. Where's my bluetooth adjustable RGB controller with 120 effects, controlling densely-packed 144 LED per meter strips? Oh wait, that's another failed promise and/or downgrade behind the scenes.

Oh boy, I got a rattling, chipped non-tempered glass panel with a hideous logo on it, which isn't useful, appealing or even what it was supposed to be as hardened mineral glass isn't tempered glass. Somehow you didn't realize/recognize this with your "best factory" until after things started falling apart (literally) during shipping. Remember Alex, I have an example of your best efforts sitting on my desk right now. I know exactly how good your best efforts are. And you're still falsely advertising on your own site a year+ later. Guess you're just too busy trying to crank out yet another unimproved iteration of the case to bother meeting your self-set obligations, fix the copy on the website to be accurate & not misleading, or any of the other multitude of things that should be done but aren't.

The case is not what it was when the Kickstarter closed. Was I a day-1 backer? Absolutely. Did I up my pledge along the way from the basic case to a MJOLNIR R with both panel sets because I unfortunately believed what you were pushing? Absolutely. Did I still have a modicum of hope when I yet again upped my purchase to include a Booster Cell? Absolutely. Are you still falsely representing MJOLNIR on your website? Absolutely. Is it 2 days from the end of September, the month when you said of your own volition you'd open up preorders again? Absolutely.

I do appreciate you didn't just run off with my money & I did get a reasonably nice approximation of what was pledged for a year later than projected. If you want more gratitude, be better. Don't lie to customers. Set dates you can actually follow through on. Hire people who can actually do the things you can't do, like customer outreach, logistics, website updates, etc so that you can focus on the one thing you seem to have a modicum of talent for, designing cases.
There seems to be someone here who doesn't know what crowd funding is.

Basically, it's the concept of 'investment'. You agreed to the risk of losing money without receiving any products and participated in the project.

It's not a place to sell goods.

That's why we're "backers".

I fully trust them in suggesting alternatives to unintended defects.

It's free to describe and discuss technical issues, but aggressive attitudes only make everyone feel bad.

If someone wants to criticize something, they must always come up with alternatives (only if there is no moral problem).

You need to give each other an opportunity to refute their opinions so that it can be a right discussion.

Your argument does not take into account any changes in the situation caused by pandemics.

I can accept your argument if Torzon produces it, delivers it directly, and the price of oil is fixed, but it is not.

I mean, what the hell do you want? They are already doing their best.

Of course, I also questioned the shipping and non-refundable costs I paid.

And considering the situation after hearing their explanation, it was fully understandable.

Everything is on the forum.

Your argument is that Torzon should bear all the damage caused by the pandemic.

Torzon has already taken considerable damage themselves.

Large companies also have problems with pandemics.

Thorzone is only a startup group that has just begun.

The reason why Torzon did not explain the characteristics of Kickstarter may be that it was painful for them to say it.

It's like giving them the death penalty.

They are running the project with a sense of responsibility. All evidence is in the forum.

I live in Korea and have never met Alex.

I think I'm in the same position as you.

I can guess why you're frustrated, but please show everyone some respect. This place is not a trash can.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This document was written using a translator.

I'm sorry if there's anything weird.

Last edited:

1Hombre

Cable Smoosher
Apr 26, 2020

Basically, it's the concept of 'investment'. You agreed to the risk of losing money without receiving any products and participated in the project.

It's free to describe and discuss technical issues, but aggressive attitudes only make everyone feel bad.

If someone wants to criticize something, they must always come up with alternatives (only if there is no moral problem).

You need to give each other an opportunity to refute their opinions so that it can be a right discussion.

Your argument does not take into account any changes in the situation caused by pandemics.

I can accept your argument if Torzon produces it, delivers it directly, and the price of oil is fixed, but it is not.

And considering the situation after hearing their explanation, it was fully understandable.

Why are you so greedy?

The reason why Torzon did not explain the characteristics of Kickstarter may be that it was painful for them to say it.

They are running the project with a sense of responsibility. All evidence is in the forum.

Seriously. What's wrong with you?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I absolutely concur with your explanation regarding a Kickstarter campaign. I too have experienced frustration and sympathize with those who had and continue to wait given the considerable amount of money personally invested. But my sympathy extends to Thorzone as well. Alex could not have anticipated much less had contingency plans in place for the unexpected challenges foisted upon all aspects of the globe by the pandemic. This thread documents exactly why many new companies fail -- the inability to adapt and address truly unforeseen circumstances. I applaud Alex's good-faith efforts to "make it right" given the fluid dynamics encountered. I continue to patiently await my version of the dream Alex envisioned with the creation of Mjolnir.

matteocom

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 7, 2021
Hey Alex, I emailed you a while back about changing shipping address to which you replied with a question. I answered you but haven't heard back! Was just hoping you could confirm that it has been changed :) thanks!

Jooff

Chassis Packer
Jul 16, 2021

It's not a place to sell goods.

That's why we're "backers".

I can guess why you're frustrated, but please show everyone some respect. This place is not a trash can.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats a pretty good translator you got there hahaha

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi guys, tracking numbers for US (excl. Puerto Rico), New Zealand and Brazil (Kickstarter/Batch 1) will be sent out today. Tracking numbers for the remaining countries will be sent out in a day or two (as soon as we get them from our freight forwarder).

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi guys, all eligible tracking numbers for Kickstarter and Batch 1 have been sent out now, please check your emails/spam folders. IF YOU HAVEN'T RECIEVED A TRACKING NUMBER CONTACT US ASAP (KICKSTARTER/BATCH 1), because it's due to the following:
  • Haven't verified your address or responded to our address confirmation emails
  • Haven't provided a phone number or responded to our phone confirmation emails
  • High risk orders that haven't provided proof that they are who they say they are or responded to our emails
We've been trying to reach everybody affected for quite a while now to no avail, so we're hoping this reaches at least a couple of them. 2 of the affected people have backed our Trinity package (3 cases) from Kickstarter, so it's really sad that their cases can't be shipped yet.

The affected backer/order numbers are:
  • 284 (address not verified)
  • 291 (address not verified)
  • 442 (phone number not provided)
  • 485 (address not verified)
  • 578 (address not verified)
  • 631 (address not verified)
  • 778 (phone number not provided)
  • #1146-B1 (high risk order)
  • #1248-B1 (high risk order)
  • #1416-B1 (address not verified)
  • #1417-B1 (address not verified)
  • #1453-B1 (address not verified)
  • #1602-B1 (high risk order)

modestb

Case Bender
New User
Jun 8, 2021
I've searched a little through this thread and am hoping for a consolidated list of custom cable lengths for this case. Is it possible for anyone to share that or an updated source for this?

Additionally, what would be a better measurement for a riser cable given the behavior comments around it rubbing against the shell when reinserting the core. I personally have to be very careful as the cloth around the riser cable has begun to tear as a result of this.

Thanks in advance.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I've searched a little through this thread and am hoping for a consolidated list of custom cable lengths for this case. Is it possible for anyone to share that or an updated source for this?

Additionally, what would be a better measurement for a riser cable given the behavior comments around it rubbing against the shell when reinserting the core. I personally have to be very careful as the cloth around the riser cable has begun to tear as a result of this.

Thanks in advance.

About custom cable lengths, I'm going to post detailed measurements in the next Kickstarter update. As for the riser, are you from Batch 2/3? If yes there won't be such a problems because the cable is 5mm shorter, which completely eliminates any slack BUT you have to unscrew the riser from the spine before unmounting it from the motherboard.

@Nobodyseven I've seen your email, but please have a little bit of patience as it takes quite a long time for us to go through everyone of them (lots of emails).

Reactions: Nobodyseven

modestb

Case Bender
New User
Jun 8, 2021
About custom cable lengths, I'm going to post detailed measurements in the next Kickstarter update. As for the riser, are you from Batch 2/3? If yes there won't be such a problems because the cable is 5mm shorter, which completely eliminates any slack BUT you have to unscrew the riser from the spine before unmounting it from the motherboard.
That's great to hear. I know things have become a little testy about "eta's" around here, so I understand if there isn't one, but when should we expect that update?

I believe batch 1 (#305). If that is the case, what is the new measurement and is there any ability to get one of these?

On a similar note, is there any word on availability for replacement parts? I may have damaged the ribbon cable for the fan connector in my booster cell. While I've worked around it, I am hoping to restore it's original functionality.

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
I initially came here to huff and puff but after re-reading the thread and social posts I realized my frustration was self inflicted 😠.. so instead I'll ask a question.

@AlexTzone what is a typical time span from Shipping to Email with Tracking info?

It's my understanding based on social posts that Batch 2/3 is starting to ship this week. Rather than suffering any further self inflicted emotional damage 😥 by assuming the timeline, I'm hoping you can offer a guestimate as to when I might see tracking info.

Thanks in advance ☺️

P.S. I know you're super busy with KS+1 still and I'd rather you see that through before jumping on Batch 2/3, but I'm dying from anticipation, lol.

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

jerm_ph

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2021
Just got the case. Surprisingly, the delivery was quick.

Initial impression:
1. Beautiful case as expected.
2. Chipped glass panels but very minor.
3. One of the glass panels is scratched and is not "perfectly rectangle". One of the edges is not straight. You can actually see some parts of the glass edge along with the frame that holds the glass when looking from the outer side. It is like there is a huge gap between the glass and the frame and it rattles a lot compared to the other glass panel.
3. And No booster cell. Will it be shipped separately? @AlexTzone

jerm_ph

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2021
To those who preordered their cases and booster cells at the same time:
Was the booster cell shipped together with your case?

I checked the notification email again and it said that "One item in your order is out for delivery".
So clearly, the "other item" was not yet shipped.

Are the booster cells shipped separately even though you preordered them together with your case?
Did the team who do the packages forget to include the booster cell with my package?
Or there's just not enough booster cells made which makes me a little confused because I thought preorders give you the exact number of items/products to be made?

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
To those who preordered their cases and booster cells at the same time:
Was the booster cell shipped together with your case?

I checked the notification email again and it said that "One item in your order is out for delivery".
So clearly, the "other item" was not yet shipped.

Are the booster cells shipped separately even though you preordered them together with your case?
Did the team who do the packages forget to include the booster cell with my package?
Or there's just not enough booster cells made which makes me a little confused because I thought preorders give you the exact number of items/products to be made?
My boostercell was inside of its own box that was placed inside of the shell of my Mjolnir. So they were shipped together.