• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Nobodyseven

Chassis Packer
Jul 12, 2021
Hi guys, we are arranging for all the remaining cases from KS and B1 to be shipped this week (concluding all shipments by next week at the latest). Tomorrow we'll send 5 units to test this new express method and if all works well we'll send the remaning 26 right after.
Started shipping them now, the 5 test shipments are on their way and by the looks of it things are progressing the same way as when we use UPS. The remaining 26 cases will be shipped out as soon as the test reach their destinations (5-7 business days). There’s a holiday in China until 21:st September, I’m unsure if this will affect express courier flight but it’s a possibility — so to be on the safe side 5-7 days after September 21:st you should be getting your tracking.
Alex no offense but based on your first message I think everyone understood that all of the cases shipped until end of September ( September 12 + 2 weeks). 6 day later you mention another chinese holiday what make some delay. I've checked:
Mid-Autumn FestivalSeptember 21September 19–213
National DayOctober 1October 1–77

So if you send out the 5 trial on Spetember 22 it means the remaining 26 backer lost again 1 or 2 weeks because of the National holiday ( october 1-7) So best case as I see is to shipp the last 26 case from October 8. Again no offense but nobody checks the holidays? From my side it's clear picture that the first schedule was impossible. Why you promise this shipping schedule if anyone can check easily it's not possible to fulfill. I'm not angry - not for a long time - but I got tired this delays and can not be optimistic.

Reactions: RE4MATT3D

Dinward

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2021
I'm pretty sad to see all this negative energy around this project. Both sides have their wrongs and their reasons. Nonetheless I think if everyone tried to cheer on the Thor Zone team rather than blame them, it would be a lot better for everyone.

@AlexTzone I think it's time to be totally honest with everyone and make it clear to us the different issues you have to tackle. In the past this community has shown understanding. What no one can stand for are inconsistencies and broken promises. Everyone would be much more understanding if we were fully aware of the current issues.

I feel like you're trying to managing on your own to prove that you can do it. In my opinion this project has taken such a proportion that you did not expect it. It is normal to be overwhelmed. Explain everything to us and let us help you.

if it is a problem related to UPS, I am personally ready to pay a little more and change delivery !

I really need this case very quickly, my current PC has just broken down and I am waiting to mount the new one with the MJOLNIR rather than having to buy an ATX motherboard for my old PC !

nik3563

Cable Smoosher
Jul 24, 2021
Those holidays add up to 11 days. That's correct. But they add up to only 7 workdays and then there are 3 extra workdays on the weekends to compensate for the holidays. Those holidays add up to a loss of only 4 days of work in that period.

Show some love to Alex. He is doing good.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'm pretty sad to see all this negative energy around this project. Both sides have their wrongs and their reasons. Nonetheless I think if everyone tried to cheer on the Thor Zone team rather than blame them, it would be a lot better for everyone.

@AlexTzone I think it's time to be totally honest with everyone and make it clear to us the different issues you have to tackle. In the past this community has shown understanding. What no one can stand for are inconsistencies and broken promises. Everyone would be much more understanding if we were fully aware of the current issues.

I feel like you're trying to managing on your own to prove that you can do it. In my opinion this project has taken such a proportion that you did not expect it. It is normal to be overwhelmed. Explain everything to us and let us help you.

if it is a problem related to UPS, I am personally ready to pay a little more and change delivery !

I really need this case very quickly, my current PC has just broken down and I am waiting to mount the new one with the MJOLNIR rather than having to buy an ATX motherboard for my old PC !

Luckily there aren’t many problems, basically just one main one — shipping. However, even this is getting better now since we’re using a new method in addition to UPS (seems to be working fine with the 5 test shipments we sent). UPS themselves are fixing the overbilling issues right now and as far as I understood it USA is ready to be shipped again now (while they move on to fix billing on the next countries).

Production wise, it looks like we’re into a 1-1.5 month delay (the factory said that everything would be done by August, but there are still products that haven’t been assembled). Still, it’s quite a substantial improvement over the 8 month delay last time (I’m sure they are going to be even more precise with timing the next time, it’s a pretty complicated product).

Dinward

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2021
Luckily there aren’t many problems, basically just one main one — shipping. However, even this is getting better now since we’re using a new method in addition to UPS (seems to be working fine with the 5 test shipments we sent). UPS themselves are fixing the overbilling issues right now and as far as I understood it USA is ready to be shipped again now (while they move on to fix billing on the next countries).

Production wise, it looks like we’re into a 1-1.5 month delay (the factory said that everything would be done by August, but there are still products that haven’t been assembled). Still, it’s quite a substantial improvement over the 8 month delay last time (I’m sure they are going to be even more precise with timing the next time, it’s a pretty complicated product).
Thanks for your reply Alex. In fact, it's make sense, production and delivery are unfortunately not up to you. But I still think that the factory where you make cases is not good .. Ok, the Chinese are not famous for their quality of manufacture but for their manufacturing speed !

The announced deadlines are excessive in view of the quantity produced compared to other company.. . Either you have done business with a small family factory or with the cheapest and therefore the least efficient. It might be good to look for a new manufacturer, that's not what's missing there.

As a business leader, you have to bang your fist on the table! If the factory tells you August and there is a delay, you must show that you are not satisfied. I am also an businessman and I can tell you that if a supplier does his job badly I threaten to go and look elsewhere.

Personally I think you are honest when posting things! You put yourself forward for this project. It is therefore your suppliers who take you for an idiot .. and consequently the community thinks that it is from you!

Maybe it's time to take back control ?!

Another question, why UPS? Was the price difference so huge compared to Fedex, TNT or DHL for example? UPS delivery quality is deteriorating year by year..i can't even imagine what it's like to make big shipping by them. Finally, wouldn't you have saved money with another delivery company? also less worry and inconvenience ?

I think the community won't blame you if you decide to overhaul everything! In order to start again on a healthier basis because currently things do not seem to be improving on our side. So yes there were finally deliveries, but still a lot of delay and people disappointed with the build quality. You should, in my opinion, temporarily stop pre-ordering on your website, fix the current problems and come back when everything is fine in order to prevent the problems from piling up.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Thanks for your reply Alex. In fact, it's make sense, production and delivery are unfortunately not up to you. But I still think that the factory where you make cases is not good .. Ok, the Chinese are not famous for their quality of manufacture but for their manufacturing speed !

The announced deadlines are excessive in view of the quantity produced compared to other company.. . Either you have done business with a small family factory or with the cheapest and therefore the least efficient. It might be good to look for a new manufacturer, that's not what's missing there.

As a business leader, you have to bang your fist on the table! If the factory tells you August and there is a delay, you must show that you are not satisfied. I am also an businessman and I can tell you that if a supplier does his job badly I threaten to go and look elsewhere.

Personally I think you are honest when posting things! You put yourself forward for this project. It is therefore your suppliers who take you for an idiot .. and consequently the community thinks that it is from you!

Maybe it's time to take back control ?!

Another question, why UPS? Was the price difference so huge compared to Fedex, TNT or DHL for example? UPS delivery quality is deteriorating year by year..i can't even imagine what it's like to make big shipping by them. Finally, wouldn't you have saved money with another delivery company? also less worry and inconvenience ?

I think the community won't blame you if you decide to overhaul everything! In order to start again on a healthier basis because currently things do not seem to be improving on our side. So yes there were finally deliveries, but still a lot of delay and people disappointed with the build quality. You should, in my opinion, temporarily stop pre-ordering on your website, fix the current problems and come back when everything is fine in order to prevent the problems from piling up.

The factory where MJOLNIR is produced is excellent, we've sampled many factories before and this one is by far the best in terms of quality, it's also the most expensive one. Quality and surface finish is what is most important to us and here they are fantastic, as is evident by the MJOLNIR reviews/unboxings that have come out. I could rush them but I don't want to (within reason) because it would risk what's most important, the delays were my decision and I stand by them 100% (maybe we will deliver the cases a bit late, but these delays will be forgotten in time as long as the quality is up to what we promised).

As for the pre-orders, it's a must since it's an opportunity to get replacement parts made (which we put into production together with the new orders), motivate us to push forward and grow as well as motivate the factory to continue do great work in order to get more orders in the future.

Yes there is a delay in shipment and production, but it's not a reason to burn the house down and start fresh. The problems aren’t piling up, they are the same as they were for the original Kickstarter backers but a LOT improved (production delay down from 8 months to 1.5 and shipping up from nonexistent to 1000+ units shipped worldwide). We're making the most complicated SFF case on the market (manufacturing wise, anybody can feel free to prove me wrong) and I'm very happy with 99% of the 1000+ units we've shipped out and the feedback we've gotten. We will continue to improve based on the experience we get.

Last edited:
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
@AlexTzone I love that you own up to your decisions. You openness and honesty shows integrity. I love that you love the product as much as we do. Your passion for it has driven you to keep improving it which makes it the most premium case on the market (IMO). These are reasons I picked Mjolnir as the case I wanted, it's why I was willing to spend 3-5 times what I could get other cases for..

However, I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers. What are you basing your delays on? When I pre-ordered my case in Nov '20, the website advertised March '21 shipping. By that metric, you'll be at least 7 months behind. Maybe you're using some internal start date that hasn't been communicated, but that's where the problems lie. If the last 2 preorders (I can't keep track of your batch #s) didn't start until after the 1st rounds were completed, and they were "8 months" behind, that wasn't communicated. The delay should be measured by the advertised delivery, not some arbitrary moving start date that you are using.

Regardless, all of this can be resolved by two things. (IMO)
1. Provide accurately cushioned delivery dates. If all the existing batches are delayed, I hope this next preorder takes these delays into account rather than putting yourself behind schedule before you even start those cases.
2. Provide prompt, current, realistic updates. It's been said so many times that this community is behind you 100% of the way. We want to support you, and we understand there will be challenges and setbacks, but we can't do this if you leave us in the dark. Don't tell us the cases will ship this week knowing you are only planning to ship 5 test cases before the bulk ship.
These are the main reasons people (at least me) are getting frustrated; False promises and lacking or long overdue updates.

With all that said.. I'm still waiting to hear the status of the current cases (Nov '20 and Mar '21 preorders). What is the estimated shipping timeframe? Are you resolving the glass issues?

Don't get discouraged! Keep up the good work! I know I'll love the case when it arrives, and I appreciate all you're doing for it. And please know that anything I say on here is meant to be constructive, not destructive. I want nothing but success for ThorZone.

P.S. Looking forward to more videos and lives if and when they come out.

Reactions: 1Hombre

quyn

Case Bender
New User
Sep 29, 2019
Hello,
went through the last 50 pages to find advice or reviews on available AIOs for the case.

I understood that TZ recommends the H55 however I've seen Ryuo 120 used and also remember looking at the Arctic Liquid Freezer II myself a while ago during the long wait.

Anyone can help here?

Thanks
Quyn

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Hello,
went through the last 50 pages to find advice or reviews on available AIOs for the case.

I understood that TZ recommends the H55 however I've seen Ryuo 120 used and also remember looking at the Arctic Liquid Freezer II myself a while ago during the long wait.

Anyone can help here?

Thanks
Quyn
The Liquid Freezer likely won't fit since the AIO tubes are very sturdy so difficult to bend near the CPU area (it'll be too tall since the tubes come out upwards).

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
Hello,

Anyone can help here?

Thanks
Quyn
I've got a Cooler Master ML120L V2 in mine. The tube stiffness is less than ideal, but it works with enough futzing & finessing. I've got my PSU flipped & the tubes on the radiator are oriented to be on the side furthest from the motherboard.

One caveat I would give about it is the colours from the RGB fan don't match the colours put out by RGB on the pump block, plus it uses the 12V header & not the 5V ARGB header like the God Rays so you'll end up with more wires than you might realize, which is MJOLNIR's kryptonite as only the barest nods or considerations have been made to cable management within the core/spine.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Good question, I actually don't know the exact specifics of the tape. Our requirement was they it should be clean, provide great attachment and have a black color 😅 I'll ask the factory, but I think it's some sort of 3M tape.
Could I follow up on this question? @AlexTzone. Could you also remind me which batch replacement parts for batch 1 are being produced along with? Did you get to see the new TG prototypes?

Reactions: RE4MATT3D

Nobodyseven

Chassis Packer
Jul 12, 2021
Hi! Fedex send me a text message with shipping date (10.04) But no tracking number in the message. Later I've found TN too. But the package weight "only" 3.8 kg. Could be this one the case? Previously read that Mjolnir with performance panel around 3.9 kg + the Shield of Founders glass panel and the packaging material. Thank you for the answer! I don't know which country in the 5 test case loop.

Reactions: ARC1T3CT

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi! Fedex send me a text message with shipping date (10.04) But no tracking number in the message. Later I've found TN too. But the package weight "only" 3.8 kg. Could be this one the case? Previously read that Mjolnir with performance panel around 3.9 kg + the Shield of Founders glass panel and the packaging material. Thank you for the answer! I don't know which country in the 5 test case loop.

Definitely possible, had trouble login in to our email today so all tracking numbers will be sent out tomorrow (i.e. the 5 cases that are on their way) :)

Everything has been very smooth so far with the new shipping method and we're preparing the last 26 cases for RoW.

Reactions: Nobodyseven

JCB42

Chassis Packer
Jun 13, 2021
Any news on when Batch 2 will ship to New Zealand? - Pretty sure I’m one of the few people here who’s ordered one from the kickstarter campaign. :)
I confirmed my shipping address 2+ weeks ago, but not received any tracking information yet. :)

Hexxagram

Trash Compacter
Jul 8, 2018
Finally received a FedEx tracking number from Alex emailed this afternoon, got me very excited!
(STEEL case, 1st batch - Canada)

Last edited:
Reactions: ARC1T3CT

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
Glad the last of KS and Batch 1 have shipped. I'm sure it feels good to have the first round wrapped up (minus replacements and such).

I keep thinking that if I wish hard enough I'll get an email with my tracking number.. but it's ONLY been a week since they started boxing the Stealth cases (according to Facebook) and I don't know how many there are or how many people are dedicated to boxing. I also remember getting labels printed last time was a feat and I have to assume emails are being individually sent. So I'm expecting it to take until October before I get any update on my Batch 2 order.