• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Blueside

Efficiency Noob
Jul 7, 2021
In the meantime I installed the custom cables and it was much easier to assemble. In the first attempt with a flipped layout (flipped core + flipped PSU) I had difficulties to mount the lower O2 panel, because the many cables always put pressure on the panel and it did not hold. Therefore, this time I have installed the PSU normally. It all fits, but the CPU temperature and fan noise was much better with the flipped PSU. Accordingly, I can only recommend this to everyone! My cables are now so short that I have to make new ones to flip it again.

Regarding the question of how to accommodate two 2.5" SSD in the front: I mounted them offset and only the outer one screwed to the case. That sits super tight so and the power cable I also created accordingly offset.

Here are a few pictures of the setup. There you can also see the SSD solution in detail.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Hmm, too short?

Works for my purposes but I have a feeling 2-5 cm extra would look better?
yeah thats my situation, can't "pull" too much or else it just diagonal overlap. Can I suggest that from your MB go UNDER it for that cable...and have it pop on the other side (GPU side), then wrap around.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

CptShiner

Efficiency Noob
Dec 1, 2019
So yes thought I would post my build experience, hopefully it can help others putting theirs together.

Specs: (all purchased early 2020 hence the older specs)
ASUS ROG Strix X570-I
Ryzen 7 3700X
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L V2 AIO
PowerColor Radeon 5700 XT Red Dragon
G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB
2TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M.2 NVMe
Corsair SF600 Gold
1 x Noctua A12x25-PWM 120mm Radiator Fan
1 x Noctua NF-A12x15 120mm PWM Case Fan

I decided to go for the Cooler Master ML120L instead of the Corsair H60 for its minimalist looks and the fact it didn't require a SATA power cable to reduce the cable mess. It fits just fine for anyone that's wondering.

As far as custom cables go, I got a set made through GEEEK store, very cheap at $20 USD and pretty quick with a 2 week turnaround. They also accept custom lengths so I had a go at measuring the lengths I wanted and adding 5cms on to the end to ensure they were long enough. In hindsight it was kinda unnecessary as they are slightly too long by about 5cm.

Seeing everyone's issues mounting the PSU in the regular way I decided to go with the reverse mount for extra space, these are the cable lengths I ordered.

PCI-E 20 cm
ATX24 32 cm
CPU 45 cm

However I think there was way too much slack so I would recommend for the reverse PSU mount (This is for routing the cables vertically between the motherboard/PSU)

PCI-E 10-15cm depending on your GPU
ATX24 27 cm
CPU 40 cm

Oh and I would also remind people to keep a close eye on your riser cable when inserting the core, I've been having a bit of trouble with it sticking out of the core, so its now looking a bit beat up despite my best efforts to hold it down when sliding it in... Actually check for any cables sticking out as I did manage to strip one of the cables on the Notcua fans (bit of electrical tape should keep it from shorting however).

I also had an annoying moment when I realized my PowerColor Red Dragon was too tall for the case at 132mm. There is around 15mm of clearance between the power connector and the bottom of the case so even with super flexible cables I cannot attach the bottom panel.

Since taking this pic I've managed to cable tie all the other cables so they do not poke outside of the core, but will need to find a low profile PCI-E adapter so I can attach the bottom panel in the future. If anyone has any recommendations on where to get one, let me know.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Oh and I would also remind people to keep a close eye on your riser cable when inserting the core, I've been having a bit of trouble with it sticking out of the core, so its now looking a bit beat up despite my best efforts to hold it down when sliding it in... Actually check for any cables sticking out as I did manage to strip one of the cables on the Notcua fans (bit of electrical tape should keep it from shorting however).
Thank you for also mentioning this, I too had a VERY tight fit with the riser cable that folds to the motherboard and it was rubbing against the top portion of the case. I had to lightly tap the case in to make it slide.

Jooff

Chassis Packer
Jul 16, 2021
Thank you for also mentioning this, I too had a VERY tight fit with the riser cable that folds to the motherboard and it was rubbing against the top portion of the case. I had to lightly tap the case in to make it slide.
I thought they cleared that problem up since Optimum Tech had the same problem before...

CptShiner

Efficiency Noob
Dec 1, 2019
I thought they cleared that problem up since Optimum Tech had the same problem before...
Hey so did I! And its the reason why I ended up messing it up a bit, I wasn't paying attention to that part as I figured it was fixed. I think it may depend on which motherboard people have as it only sticks out about 1mm once it is inserted into my motherboard, before that it wasn't an issue. Anyway that's the reason why I'm mentioning it now.

Dinward

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2021
So yes thought I would post my build experience, hopefully it can help others putting theirs together.

Specs: (all purchased early 2020 hence the older specs)
ASUS ROG Strix X570-I
Ryzen 7 3700X
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L V2 AIO
PowerColor Radeon 5700 XT Red Dragon
G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB
2TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M.2 NVMe
Corsair SF600 Gold
1 x Noctua A12x25-PWM 120mm Radiator Fan
1 x Noctua NF-A12x15 120mm PWM Case Fan

I decided to go for the Cooler Master ML120L instead of the Corsair H60 for its minimalist looks and the fact it didn't require a SATA power cable to reduce the cable mess. It fits just fine for anyone that's wondering.

As far as custom cables go, I got a set made through GEEEK store, very cheap at $20 USD and pretty quick with a 2 week turnaround. They also accept custom lengths so I had a go at measuring the lengths I wanted and adding 5cms on to the end to ensure they were long enough. In hindsight it was kinda unnecessary as they are slightly too long by about 5cm.

Seeing everyone's issues mounting the PSU in the regular way I decided to go with the reverse mount for extra space, these are the cable lengths I ordered.

PCI-E 20 cm
ATX24 32 cm
CPU 45 cm

However I think there was way too much slack so I would recommend for the reverse PSU mount (This is for routing the cables vertically between the motherboard/PSU)

PCI-E 10-15cm depending on your GPU
ATX24 27 cm
CPU 40 cm

I also had an annoying moment when I realized my PowerColor Red Dragon was too tall for the case at 132mm. There is around 15mm of clearance between the power connector and the bottom of the case so even with super flexible cables I cannot attach the bottom panel.

Since taking this pic I've managed to cable tie all the other cables so they do not poke outside of the core, but will need to find a low profile PCI-E adapter so I can attach the bottom panel in the future. If anyone has any recommendations on where to get one, let me know.
Awesome !! Could you give the exact reference of this cable ? ( 6 pin ? 6+2 pin ? dual 4 pin molex ? .. ) :) Thanks in advance.

CptShiner

Efficiency Noob
Dec 1, 2019
Awesome !! Could you give the exact reference of this cable ? ( 6 pin ? 6+2 pin ? dual 4 pin molex ? .. ) :) Thanks in advance.
Yep for sure, cables were this set from here https://www.geeekstore.com/shop/custom-sfx-psu-cable/. I opted for a single Dual 6+2 pin PCI-E cable as thats all I need. I will say however that a Dual PCI-E cable will bulk it up a little as there are a lot more cables coming out of one of the connectors, so not the best choice if you dont have a lot of room to play with.

• Love
Reactions: Dinward

jhuylebroeck

Cable Smoosher
Nov 26, 2019
I just received my case today and ordered all components. If I'm not mistaken the radiator needs to be above the pump/Heatsink, because the fluid in the AiO will permeate and evaporate, which will lower performance and kill the pump/heatsink over time. The video shows the radiator mounted below the CPU socket. Any recommendations? I just ordered the materials and am very excited to do a build after many, many years!

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
I just received my case today and ordered all components. If I'm not mistaken the radiator needs to be above the pump/Heatsink, because the fluid in the AiO will permeate and evaporate, which will lower performance and kill the pump/heatsink over time. The video shows the radiator mounted below the CPU socket. Any recommendations? I just ordered the materials and am very excited to do a build after many, many years!
Ideally the radiator should be above the cpu pump block but in real life it doesn't make much difference.
With this case you can flip the core upside down and heypresto the radiator will be on top :) - that's how I used the case

Reactions: riba2233

Hexxagram

Trash Compacter
Jul 8, 2018
So jealous to see some members were already built their systems while most of us sitting here still waiting for tracking number to be emailed. 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: Shinken1

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Finally received my Mjolnir 😀
Apart from a few loose magnets and corner guards, the case is perfect! Very nice finish and outstanding quality.
Thanks a lot @AlexTzone for all your effort that went into making Mjolnir!

I did a first (quick) build today, may need to do some tweaking and haven't checked the temps so far 😉 I chose the reverse layout (2x flipped). It is really tight in the case and cable management is very tricky, especially with the AIO tubes (I had to bend them heavily in order to make it work). The power supply cables were actually quite easy to install in the reverse orientation, but as others have pointed out I couldn't fit the O2 panel on the bottom in the end, so I used the performance panel instead.

Before inserting the core, I added some pads to the rails of the core to reduce the friction:

Last edited:

jhuylebroeck

Cable Smoosher
Nov 26, 2019
Before I start building later this week: when do I use the small performance plate and when do I use the meshed plate that was included? Also, what kind of pads are those, you're using, @keepcoding ?

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Hey so did I! And its the reason why I ended up messing it up a bit, I wasn't paying attention to that part as I figured it was fixed. I think it may depend on which motherboard people have as it only sticks out about 1mm once it is inserted into my motherboard, before that it wasn't an issue. Anyway that's the reason why I'm mentioning it now.
Yeah I have an ASUS Rog B550-i, I've checked my bolting of the MB and made sure I didn't actually push it up or something but yeah that 1mm was where my heart stop and went "OMFG it doesn't fit...you gotta be kidding me"

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Anyone here made a successful build with the booster cell. I've managed to finally assemble the case (it used to be open case until I figured out my cabling issues) and it is quite noisy with it.

Idle: 36 degrees core
Within a game: 47->55degrees
Cinebench multicore: 55-57

I currently have a noctua splitter (4 pin / 3pin) where the fan underneath the mb have the 4pin and the booster cell has the 3 pin.
Does anyone have a remedy (besides ditching the booster cell) for the booster cell noise? Most splitter i have are 4 pin then 3pin/4pin split where only one of them get the PWC.

Notes:
my "case" fan is a noctua 15 PWM

The booster fan is a noctua A12x15 PWM but black

there shouldn't be a big different but I am assuming the 3pin is causing the max 1850 RPM to be utilized (even idle)

anyone got any recommendation/options?

BAS1C

Caliper Novice
Dec 10, 2020
Has there been any news on batch 2 recently? I went back a few pages but not much. I suspect that’s going to be an end-of-year timing considering delays for batch 1?

Reactions: ArkImpulse

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Finally received my Mjolnir 😀
Apart from a few loose magnets and corner guards, the case is perfect! Very nice finish and outstanding quality.
Thanks a lot @AlexTzone for all your effort that went into making Mjolnir!

I did a first (quick) build today, may need to do some tweaking and haven't checked the temps so far 😉 I chose the reverse layout (2x flipped). It is really tight in the case and cable management is very tricky, especially with the AIO tubes (I had to bend them heavily in order to make it work). The power supply cables were actually quite easy to install in the reverse orientation, but as others have pointed out I couldn't fit the O2 panel on the bottom in the end, so I used the performance panel instead.

Before inserting the core, I added some pads to the rails of the core to reduce the friction:

I love your idea of putting pads on the rails!! I'm absolutely going to do something like this next time I take my core out!!