• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I can’t secure the case fans… How did you do it ??

Either the screws that come with the fan (like @Shinken1 said) or the rubber plugs that also come with the fan. Using the screws [edit: i.e the fat screws that come with your Noctua fans etc, not the ones we provide] will scratch the countersunk rails.

Last edited:

Trikel

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 16, 2021
Any update to share on the progress with UPS since Tuesday? All of us from countries with small batches are eager to get ours too.. :)

Trikel

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 16, 2021
Any update to share on the progress with UPS since Tuesday? All of us from countries with small batches are eager to get ours too.. :)

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Well, just discovered that Ryzen 5600X does not have iGPU so I have to wait for my 3080FE monday to see if my build works ! Thanks AMD !

• Haha
Reactions: riba2233

Zwelgje

Efficiency Noob
Jul 16, 2021
52 of the 339 cases we've booked during last week have not been picked up yet, so nothing strange here, just that UPS didn't have the capacity to grab more this week. Either we're going to see something update today or on Monday/Tuesday.
After you answer I received mail from UPS it's picked up😂. And thanks for the update. Can't wait to see this beauty. 😁

VictorNg

Trash Compacter
Oct 14, 2019
Did you tracking number work with ups? I'm stuck in label created and am a bit worried.

Yes, almost daily I will check the progress...the first few days nothing moved... like yours... juz stopped at label created... but the last 1-2 days before I receive the box, it was very fast.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Using the screws [edit: i.e the fat screws that come with your Noctua fans etc, not the ones we provide] will scratch the countersunk rails
Not only will it scratch the rails, it will also create small fragments of metal that will flake off all over the place. Possibly even into your components like the motherboard or GPU, which can cause a short. Be careful if you install your fans after components are installed.

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
Not only will it scratch the rails, it will also create small fragments of metal that will flake off all over the place. Possibly even into your components like the motherboard or GPU, which can cause a short. Be careful if you install your fans after components are installed.
I was having black flakes but I believe they are plastic bits from the noctua fan. Those do not come threaded so you'll have to screw pretty hard into them.

To add, the countersunk screws that come with the Mjolnir do not work with Noctua fans.

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Well received my GPU but the PC does not work, white light that means problem with the video card. Tried nearly everything so it is either a mobo or a Riser problem.

My build :

Ryzen 5 5600X
RTX 3080 FE
Asus B550-i
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
PNY RAM 32go
Corsair SF750
Noctua NH L9i AM4

Hope it is a mobo problem !

RastaMouette

Efficiency Noob
Apr 30, 2021
Well received my GPU but the PC does not work, white light that means problem with the video card. Tried nearly everything so it is either a mobo or a Riser problem.

My build :

Ryzen 5 5600X
RTX 3080 FE
Asus B550-i
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
PNY RAM 32go
Corsair SF750
Noctua NH L9i AM4

Hope it is a mobo problem !
Have you tried to connect the GPU directly to the motherboard (without the riser) ? Those pcie gen 3 risers doesn't play well with gen4 Motherboard. I had to manually set mine to Gen 3 in the BIOS.
I also have a RTX 3080 FE and before doing that manipulation I wasn't getting any screen output.

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Have you tried to connect the GPU directly to the motherboard (without the riser) ? Those pcie gen 3 risers doesn't play well with gen4 Motherboard. I had to manually set mine to Gen 3 in the BIOS.
I also have a RTX 3080 FE and before doing that manipulation I wasn't getting any screen output.
I'll try it, good idea

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Man it actually worked !!!! My maaaaaan, you’re the boss, love you

excited hell yeah GIF

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Hi y'all

SO finally found time to took in some needed re-cabling.
It is still out of the case, but now I have confidence it will all play well (might need to add a few ziptie)

Recap (my poor previous cabling):

The final form:

NOTES:
- PSU inverse cannot be done because MB(PSU) -> PSU cable is too short by 1". I literally bought it with Dan A4 specs and I don't know why it won't reach so I gave that up. Will wait on @AlexTzone custom cables with inverted PSU to see what is the optimal cabling.
- PSU chassis IS raised slightly (I would said half raised) to allow cabling between FAN + PSU (saved my fingers). I didn't want to raise it anymore since the cable connector will just stick out.
- As per recommendation from @N9neBreak3r I've bought fan grills for both the noctua so I don't need to worry about obstructions.
- As per recommendation I have reverse the Radiator (so tube starts near ram) that allowed me to perfectly fit the AIO block towards the shield

Thermal, open case cinebench is roughly 44 degrees.

Not to hijack this thread (as there are plenty of people still discussing delivery), once I zip tie, put on the case itself with booster, I will report back

Cheers

Last edited:

LeonM

Cable Smoosher
May 4, 2018
My finished build:

Not the best cable management. Definitely need custom cables once Ive upgraded my 1080 mini. Can anyone share the cable length needed? Thanks!

Also how do you actually fit 2 SSDs? I tried putting 2 in the front but cant screw it. Thinking of just putting sticky tapes 😅

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
20 hours in and I’ve created 2.5 cables 😫 Not looking forward to the 24-pin...

Ofc noting down every millimeter, so hopefully it will help you guys create your own, or someone like @Kapsi can sell them 😚 I don’t get how custom cables aren’t worth $1000+ with the amount of time it takes...

ps. Need to get rid of that ugly black heatshrink and go with white instead. Will probably redo the gray GPU cables in white as well.

In other news, the Gen4 cable appears to work and gives negligible difference between Gen 3 and Gen 4 modes. This is good, since we’re looking for stability issues rather than a performance difference (there’s none for current GPUs anyways). Also, it looks quite nice.

Last edited:

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018

Ofc noting down every millimeter, so hopefully it will help you guys create your own, or someone like @Kapsi can sell them 😚 I don’t get how custom cables aren’t worth $1000+ with the amount of time it takes...

ps. Need to get rid of that ugly black heatshrink and go with white instead. Will probably redo the gray GPU cables in white as well.

In other news, the Gen4 cable appears to work and gives negligible difference between Gen 3 and Gen 4 modes. This is good, since we’re looking for stability issues rather than a performance difference (there’s none for current GPUs anyways). Also, it looks quite nice.
Aww Alex! Thank you so, so much for the mention. I want to apologize if you feel like I've been breathing down your neck about the measurements. Seriously, take all the time you need. I've already waited over a year to get started, I can wait a couple more weeks.

And if it's any consolation, since I knew I couldn't sell any cables because of covid complications, it took me about 5 months (working a couple of hours every week and making probably every possible mistake you can imagine during the process) to finish my first set of cables, so your time is fine :)

I hope someday I can repay you for this free advertisment. Maybe in batch 4 or 5 if all goes well 👀.

RastaMouette

Efficiency Noob
Apr 30, 2021

Maybe it's just a dumb question but why doesn't the PSU bracket comes "inverted" from the factory ?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Maybe it's just a dumb question but why doesn't the PSU bracket comes "inverted" from the factory ?

It’s a more tricky position for the average user (cable management wise), so we figure the standard way is best out of the gate.