• RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hi all,

Dark Case received.
Finish is great, colour is beautiful, no detached magnets or corner guards, no glue residue that needs removing, no external scratches, no rattling front panel once tightened, panels match well except one performance side panel which appears a little darker in all lights.
Even the Booster Cell matches the case colour well.
There is a little bit of a gap at the top / bottom of the Booster Cell once installed which I guess is due to the tolerances used. tried to even out the gaps but difficult.
My shield of founders glass has a little rattle but not much and only if shaken hard.
Internal marks are just 2 small dots where I guess the Shell was hung from.

Hardware:
Mjolnir Dark (Grey)
Mjolnir Booster Cell Dark (Grey)
Asrock Phantom Gaming Z390
Intel 9700K
Corsair Hydro H60 2018 revision - tubes
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Corsair SF750
Custom 24pin & CPU cables from DreambigbyRay at DAN A4 specs (these & stock cables worked will with PSU inverted)
RTX 3080 Founders Edition
1 x Arctic P12 PWM on the AIO
1 x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax on the Booster Cell
1 x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax under the motherboard
2x 2TB WD Black SN750 M.2 drives

Things get hot in this case because of the 3080 FE

I've run the case in the inverted layout so the graphics card is upside down.
I've got the PSU upside down so the power cable is near the AIO & the PSU cables are squished near the O2 panel at the bottom of the case (inverted layout).

Tested temps by playing Warzone for about 2 hours at a time and used CPUID HWMonitor.
No CPU or GPU undervolting or overclocking (yet).
Performance panels used except for the bottom where there's an O2 panel.

I've always had the Booster Cell exhausting air to try help the 3080 FE
Tried the PSU fan facing the 3080 FE's rear exhaust fan & GPU temps dropped about 2°C but PSU fan sounded like it was dying & PSU was super hot.

Tried AIO and the motherboard fan exhausting air from the case -- CPU reached 98°C (some Cores reached 101°C), GPU reached 79°C
AIO exhausting & motherboard fan intaking air -- CPU = 97°C, GPU = 79°C
AIO & motherboard fan intaking air into the case -- CPU = 75°C, GPU = 83°C

Not the most scientific tests but my real world gaming usage.
Fans all ramp up and case gets very loud.

I'm just typing this and the case is very audible.
Idle CPU = 53°C, GPU = 56°C

I prefer the stock front over the Booster Cell for looks but didn't want the 3080 FE to blow up.
I'm sure traditional styled GPUs would make things quieter and cooler.

ThorZone, I think you've made a beautiful case!! I would love to see it a centre meter or 2 taller so a 240mm AIO with 2 fans could fit.
Not happy that there is no cables provided for me to use the RGB on the Booster Cell as I did not buy the God Rays. I do not think this was made clear when the Booster Cell was up for sale especially as the Booster Cell was cheaper for those with God Rays from what I remember which wasn't cool.

Moving the Core in and out of the shell *gently* a few times has left some scratches so I think it would be a good idea to think of a way to prevent these scratches in future revisions.

I will unfortunately not be using this case.
Not until I can get a an EVGA 3080 XC3 which might be never.
It's just too hot and loud with my components.
The heat it gives off in my room is crazy - no heaters needed in the winter as the Booster Cell can blow hot air right at your face.

I envisioned the Mjolnir as a replacement to my old trusty SilverStone SG13 and if the case arrived when I ordered it I think it would have been fine for my i7 8700 and EVGA RTX 2080.

I will be putting my components back into my white NR200p where I was getting around 70°C for GPU and CPU at much lower noise levels.

Think I might put the Mjolnir up for sale -- it just looks so good I want to find a use for it.

Sorry the pics aren't great but hope they give an idea of my setup

Yeah the 3080 FE cooler is just not made for this style of case. I can only imagine what your vram temps were if your core was 83c. The 3080 FE is designed to thermal throttle at 83c so in actuality your card was thermal throttling and would have been way hotter if not for that. I bet your vram was well over 110c. Not good for longevity of the card. You could always watercool it with an external radiator like I did with mine. Put the radiator under your desk and you won't even see it!

Reactions: riba2233

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I just received mine literally 10 minutes ago. The build quality is top notch. Its so beautiful! Definitely worth the wait.

Here are some quick photos I took. More photos to follow once I transferred the parts from my LZ7.

I always loved the look of those trash can mac pros! I'm gonna buy one in a few years once they drop in price a little more on ebay.

Jooff

Chassis Packer
Jul 16, 2021
I was wondering what the recommended tube length of the AIO would be. I currently am running the coolermaster ML120 lite and it has a tube length of 30 cm. I see everyone using the corsair h60i and that has a slightly longer tube length than my coolermaster from what ive found. Lastly, would it be feasible to use the NZXT M22 which apparently has a tube length of 40 cm.

Blueside

Efficiency Noob
Jul 7, 2021
My case has now arrived. I did not have to pay any extra import fees (Germany). The case is in absolutely flawless condition. Top surface coating that feels really great and is not sensitive to fingerprints. Also all panels and the booster cell are color matching. Only one screw was flying around loose, this belonged to the power supply frame. Unfortunately, the thread for the screw in the frame was broken. Probably it was over-tightened in the factory. Since I have mounted the power supply anyway rotated this is not a problem for me for now.
I've finished my build for now but I'm going to make custom cables to save space as it's currently really ultra cramped. The Corsair H60i RGB Pro XT fits perfectly in the case and was really easy to install and route.
All in all, I am really very happy and finally got a really great and flawless case after the long wait.
I have installed a Ryzen 9 5900x on an Asus Strix B550 board, 32 GB Crucial Ballistix memory, 2 NVME SSD (2x 1TB), 2 2.5" SSD (2TB & 1TB). Accordingly, I don't use the Boostercell for now because I need the SSD space.
I will post photos when I am done with the cables.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Is this normal ?

Just needs a slight grill adjustment:

Just loosen the screws on the grills that hold the front, then shove the grills as deep into the Shell slots as possible and tighten the screws again. This is a good video to have when switching between the Booster Cell and the original front.

Reactions: beerbuddha and Acen

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
For me it's the fact they do not stick to a magnetic screw driver. Why is that?

Hmm, good question. They are made from Stainless steel and I quickly verified that they have magnetism, so maybe it's the surface treatment (nickel-plating). Have to investigate.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Goth the same here. Still waiting for it to be on the way.

52 of the 339 cases we've booked during last week have not been picked up yet, so nothing strange here, just that UPS didn't have the capacity to grab more this week. Either we're going to see something update today or on Monday/Tuesday.

Reactions: Zwelgje