Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
So @abdulla @Ritzyyyyy
I went hunting

If anyone is wondering here are all important Data:
Cable Type/colour is unsleeved white
-250mm CPU/EPS
-120mm 24 Pin
-220mm for pcie (200mm should be fine too)
-sata is 80mm + 20mm. Total 100mm

These measurements are good for the Ghost S1. As per @saonexus - his custom cables measurements used are close to a Dan A4.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@dondan perhaps you can confirm or correct the above?

• We are in the EU and have to pay VAT etc regardless (which is already calculated into the substantially higher shipping costs to EU).
True

PS: You have a very special use case that is called triangle trade. Payment country EU and shipping country not EU. For my Kickstarter sales I shipped all cases to Germany and shipped it from here. I think your behaviour will result in local customs fees for some unlucky EU based customers.

• If you sell to the EU from for example China (not applicable to us; while we ship from China, we are selling from Sweden), the EU has found a way to start charging you VAT (something you previously didn’t have to care about).
Not true. For every buy made in a 3. party country you have to pay VAT and maybe TAX if your package is handled over local customs. If not you have just luck not more (keep in mind this is tax evasion). Before 1 June VAT should be applied to all package with an invoice value of 22€ and above. Now this rule apply to every value (if the VAT value is more than 1€). The customer is still responsible to pay the VAT by local customs for 3. party country sales.

So inside-EU shops and outside-EU shops are equalized in their competition because both are forced to pay VAT now (in practice I have a feeling this will fail miserably, good luck getting a Chinese company to register in EU unless they are huge like DJI).
Not true. See my post above. To make international trade possible it works like this:

EU-->EU: The VAT of the origin country is applyed (except you exceed target country sales limit than you need a office in this country and apply taget tax)
EU--> 3. party country: No VAT in the EU is charged. You sell you product with 0€ VAT. The customer has to pay VAT at local customs in his own country.
This is very important otherwise the customer has to pay two times VAT.
3. party country --> EU: Same as above.

Every country has different tax exempt amounts. The reason for this it would be too much work for local customs to handle every package. But for the EU local customs should now handle every package.

Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS): This one is new. If a 3. party country company register for MOSS. For every package with a invoice value under 150€ the customer has not to pay VAT to local customs. But the 3. party country company has to pay VAT once in a year for all sendet packages. This should give an advantage for customers from bigger 3. party country shops), because dealing with local customs for example in Germany is not that funny.

Last edited:

saonexus

Caliper Novice
Nov 29, 2020
So @abdulla @Ritzyyyyy
I went hunting

If anyone is wondering here are all important Data:
Cable Type/colour is unsleeved white
-250mm CPU/EPS
-120mm 24 Pin
-220mm for pcie (200mm should be fine too)
-sata is 80mm + 20mm. Total 100mm

These measurements are good for the Ghost S1. As per @saonexus - his custom cables measurements used are close to a Dan A4.
Yep. The cables worked flawlessly for my build. The only the super hard to deal with during the build was the AIO and the hard tubing but that is a problem on its own.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
True

PS: You have a very special use case that is called triangle trade. Payment country EU and shipping country not EU. For my Kickstarter sales I shipped all cases to Germany and shipped it from here. I think your behaviour will result in local customs fees for some unlucky EU based customers.

Not true. For every buy made in a 3. party country you have to pay VAT and maybe TAX if your package is handled over local customs. If not you have just luck not more (keep in mind this is tax evasion). Before 1 June VAT should be applied to all package with an invoice value of 22€ and above. Now this rule apply to every value (if the VAT value is more than 1€). The customer is still responsible to pay the VAT by local customs for 3. party country sales.

Not true. See my post above. To make international trade possible it works like this:

EU-->EU: The VAT of the origin country is applyed (except you exceed target country sales limit than you need a office in this country and apply taget tax)
EU--> 3. party country: No VAT in the EU is charged. You sell you product with 0€ VAT. The customer has to pay VAT at local customs in his own country.
This is very important otherwise the customer has to pay two times VAT.
3. party country --> EU: Same as above.

Every country has different tax exempt amounts. The reason for this it would be too much work for local customs to handle every package. But for the EU local customs should now handle every package.

Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS): This one is new. If a 3. party country company register for MOSS. For every package with a invoice value under 150€ the customer has not to pay VAT to local customs. But the 3. party country company has to pay VAT once in a year for all sendet packages. This should give an advantage for customers from bigger 3. party country shops), because dealing with local customs for example in Germany is not that funny.

Thanks for the great clarifications, really appreciate it! It seems I've built my whole thesis on the wrong presumtions, perhaps now everyone will truly see that I didn't know about this policy 🤦‍♂️

Btw @dondan, how about a beer next time we're both in Germany (or Sweden)?

Any news @AlexTzone about shipping? Quite a few persons have been asking for an update, especially regarding EU, but you seem to be answering every other question except these. We value honesty, so if you have no schedule for shipping EU yet, please just give us this information.

In short, waiting for the UPS rep to match pricing of AU, KR, EU vs our other shipping solution. With UPS at least we know what to expect, and while we can ship more now I want to know how they respond, because quite frankly I trust them a lot more than I trust our "other" shipping solution. UPS rep said he'd give us news of AU and KR, but since we threw EU into the loop he needs more time. I feel bad about spamming that guy more, pretty much done it every day of the past week, I'm sure he's working as fast as possible.

US, CA, JP, KR, EU = 90% of all MJOLNIRs. The remaining 10% aren't a big issue to handle.

Last edited:

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
In short, waiting for the UPS rep to match pricing of AU, KR, EU vs our other shipping solution. With UPS at least we know what to expect, and while we can ship more now I want to know how they respond, because quite frankly I trust them a lot more than I trust our "other" shipping solution. UPS rep said he'd give us news of AU and KR, but since we threw EU into the loop he needs more time. I feel bad about spamming that guy more, pretty much done it every day of the past week, I'm sure he's working as fast as possible.

US, CA, JP, KR, EU = 90% of all MJOLNIRs. The remaining 10% aren't a big issue to handle.
If the remaining 10% aren't a big issue to handle, then why can't you send those now while you wait for the UPS deal for the other countries?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey guys what do you think about this. We’re looking to eliminate tape for future batches by improving the package inserts. My question is:

• Would you care if the case didn’t come with the rubber feet pre-installed (the ones on the bottom), but we include them in a plastic bag and put them inside the chassis?

They are attached with 3M tape so it’s just a matter of peeling back the adhesive cover and sticking them to the bottom of the chassis.

The reason this would help us is because we can make a lot tighter packaging inserts this way, no need to leave a slot for the case feet to pass through. Today this slot incidentally allows the top/bottom panels to get dislodged after a hard bump. See what I mean below:

Why is there a slot on the top and bottom of the chassis when the feet are on the bottom? — because the packaging inserts are the same part flipped around horizontally and vertically. By eliminating the shield of founders in Batch 2 we can remove the top slot while still using an identical part on both sides (can have 1 TG panel on each side instead of 3 on 1 side), but the bottom slot is still there and there’s a risk of the O2 panel falling off without tape. So removing the bottom slot would hold everything tightly, but then we can’t pre-install the case feet.

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Hey guys what do you think about this. We’re looking to eliminate tape for future batches by improving the package inserts. My question is:

• Would you care if the case didn’t come with the rubber feet pre-installed (the ones on the bottom), but we include them in a plastic bag and put them inside the chassis?

They are attached with 3M tape so it’s just a matter of peeling back the adhesive cover and sticking them to the bottom of the chassis.

The reason this would help us is because we can make a lot tighter packaging inserts this way, no need to leave a slot for the case feet to pass through. Today this slot incidentally allows the top/bottom panels to get dislodged after a hard bump. See what I mean below:

Why is there a slot on the top and bottom of the chassis when the feet are on the bottom? — because the packaging inserts are the same part flipped around horizontally and vertically. By eliminating the shield of founders in Batch 2 we can remove the top slot while still using an identical part on both sides (can have 1 TG panel on each side instead of 3 on 1 side), but the bottom slot is still there and there’s a risk of the O2 panel falling off without tape. So removing the bottom slot would hold everything tightly, but then we can pre-install the case feet.
imo, less DIY the better for a premium case, so therefore I am in favour for the feet to be pre-installed.

Reactions: Shinken1

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021

Why is there a slot on the top and bottom of the chassis when the feet are on the bottom? — because the packaging inserts are the same part flipped around horizontally and vertically. By eliminating the shield of founders in Batch 2 we can remove the top slot while still using an identical part on both sides (can have 1 TG panel on each side instead of 3 on 1 side), but the bottom slot is still there and there’s a risk of the O2 panel falling off without tape. So removing the bottom slot would hold everything tightly, but then we can’t pre-install the case feet.
Question:
- wouldnt the new taping method help overall already to secure the parcel? fi this is the way that arrives safely then why not continue? or is there still a risk and this is an ask to ensure the risk is decreased.

Anything to ensure that parcel arrives correctly. Might need to update the instructions if you do this switch. Im not a big fan of decals or 3M sticking afterwards (don't get me wrong I love 3M because its strong as hell...) - I don't have the best hand eye coordination and would hate to not have it align correctly if I do it myself...=/

Im for the improvement if it helps ease the mind that the content of the box is optimally secured.

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
Seeing more Mjolnir pics in all the SFF Facebook groups I'm in.. slightly sad when I see someone say they got it from an OG backer and now this last minute EBay shipper is rocking the Shield of Founders like they had to deal with any of the KS drama.. I'm not a KS backer myself and would pay for the SOF but I totally support it being an exclusive item. Perhaps in the future you can make the SOF explode if sold on Ebay. J/K of course.. loving all the pics and vids popping up, can't wait til I get mine.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Seeing more Mjolnir pics in all the SFF Facebook groups I'm in.. slightly sad when I see someone say they got it from an OG backer and now this last minute EBay shipper is rocking the Shield of Founders like they had to deal with any of the KS drama.. I'm not a KS backer myself and would pay for the SOF but I totally support it being an exclusive item. Perhaps in the future you can make the SOF explode if sold on Ebay. J/K of course.. loving all the pics and vids popping up, can't wait til I get mine.
Same boat. I was not a KS, I'm part of Batch 1. Would have love to comp some sort of thorzone logo. Wouldnt have minded to trade one panel to be glass and the other performance (currently only picked performance)

I saw someone else just popped their Thorzone and he went with Fan build instead of AIO (due to cabling) looking sweet so far. Verdict on performance and cooling still out though

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
Any updates on EU, or specifically UK shipping Alex?

In short, waiting for the UPS rep to match pricing of AU, KR, EU vs our other shipping solution.
I thought UPS shipping to EU (UK) was already confirmed with UPS?

Am I correct in thinking that only a UPS deal for North America has been signed then?
Very disappointed if that is indeed the case.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I also want to buy dark, but I missed the last sale. Has the schedule been set for the next sale?
its going to be a while for next sale. I think its going to be sometime Oct/Nov

Batch 2 (Nov 2020) has not been produced and shipped yet
Batch 3 (May 2021) has not been produced and shipped yet

therefore I would say expect Oct-Nov unless things picked up as there is some logistics stuff happening right now. Until that is resolved then everything is not smooth yet.

Reactions: AlexTzone

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020

My personal opinion is that I would be fine with attaching the feet myself. Easy enough to do. Sounds like a good idea 👍

Phnx

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2020
Regarding the feet; I think the opinion of this forum might lean more to the "I'll just fix them myself" side, but if you want to brand yourself as a premium case maker to the general public, in my opinion it would be wiser to just improve the inserts and fix the feet at the factory.