Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Received my case today!

I don't plan on making a build this weekend as I am waiting on parts but I did want to open it and check it for damage. The sooner after receiving it the better and less chance I would be blamed for causing it. I do wish I had done an unboxing video as suggested here but didn't see that suggestion until went to make this post.

The box was pretty banged up when I found it on my porch, but the protective foam did its job.

I could hear little bits rolling around inside when I picked it up and they turned out to be a couple of the plastic core corner pieces.

However, I am still missing two. I opened the box on a large table and nothing fell out of the box. There were three missing corners on the front side and one missing on the back side but only two loose ones in the box and core.

The side panels are very closely matched but the top panel almost looks like it came from a different run.

The inside of the case has about 8 decent marks, most of them are from the core banging and shaking against it without the corner pieces. However, a couple shown below obviously came from the factory in that state.

Overall I am excited to finally have the case, but I will need some replacement corners pieces and the top panel color is a bit disappointing. I could always use the screened panel but that doesn't look as nice and might impact thermals, IDK. I am glad the sides look good though as that's at eye level and what I will see most of the time.
Doesn't the anodizing process require that wires be attached at points on the piece being anodized? Perhaps that is what the mark in your last picture is from, considering it's on the inside and what it's shaped like. I could be wrong though.

hoanghiep2111

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2019
Received my case today!

I don't plan on making a build this weekend as I am waiting on parts but I did want to open it and check it for damage. The sooner after receiving it the better and less chance I would be blamed for causing it. I do wish I had done an unboxing video as suggested here but didn't see that suggestion until went to make this post.

The box was pretty banged up when I found it on my porch, but the protective foam did its job.

I could hear little bits rolling around inside when I picked it up and they turned out to be a couple of the plastic core corner pieces.

However, I am still missing two. I opened the box on a large table and nothing fell out of the box. There were three missing corners on the front side and one missing on the back side but only two loose ones in the box and core.

The side panels are very closely matched but the top panel almost looks like it came from a different run.

The inside of the case has about 8 decent marks, most of them are from the core banging and shaking against it without the corner pieces. However, a couple shown below obviously came from the factory in that state.

Overall I am excited to finally have the case, but I will need some replacement corners pieces and the top panel color is a bit disappointing. I could always use the screened panel but that doesn't look as nice and might impact thermals, IDK. I am glad the sides look good though as that's at eye level and what I will see most of the time.
Was this delivered by UPS?

I’m not sure if I’m excited or scared to receive my case next week anymore. Knowing there’s no solutions if I happen to be unlucky

TerryUSA

Cable Smoosher
May 28, 2021
Doesn't the anodizing process require that wires be attached at points on the piece being anodized? Perhaps that is what the mark in your last picture is from, considering it's on the inside and what it's shaped like. I could be wrong though.
Sounds plausible. Being inside I am not concerned at all. I don't know what constitutes a manufacturing concern and what doesn't though, so I Just posted for Alex to see. It may be perfectly acceptable, it is to me. A bunch of the marks would have been avoided if the corner pieces hadn't fell off though.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

TerryUSA

Cable Smoosher
May 28, 2021
Was this delivered by UPS?

I’m not sure if I’m excited or scared to receive my case next week anymore. Knowing there’s no solutions if I happen to be unlucky
Yeah, UPS is the budget shipper for a reason. I have friends that work at UPS and DHL. There is a pretty big difference in company culture. However, 80% of my packages come via UPS.

Ble_h

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 30, 2021
Some of you are bloody ridiculous with these high expectations, I'm surprised that concepts are still getting built with some of the BS these people have to deal with. A minor nick is causing someone to freak out, a nick that will probably be forgotten (or even a new nick will happen) within the month of usage.

hoanghiep2111

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2019
Some of you are bloody ridiculous with these high expectations, I'm surprised that concepts are still getting built with some of the BS these people have to deal with. A minor nick is causing someone to freak out, a nick that will probably be forgotten (or even a new nick will happen) within the month of usage.
Smallfx’s issues revealed a problem with the packaging that allowed the panels to get loose and damage the case. A quick fix solution was found and applied to later shipment that was effective.

So you can get out of here with that logic. Feedbacks are important

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
I was thinking about magnets and thought of a unibody without a panel. It only has ventilation cutouts and is more minimal. Manufacturing costs will also be reduced. Has this version ever been considered?

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Hey listen its not a minor "nick" as you would say. if this case was a throw-away 100$ then its overkill. This is not. All those who are reporting in are feedback from the QC and this is not suppose to happen if the thing is sealed. Feedback for future productions (b2 and more) is important. What is done with feedback is up to to the team is up to the team but feedback is nevertheless valuable.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Received my case today!

I think the top looks kinda of cool. Like a two-tone. Believe it or not, I actually liked the raw colors of the prototypes. Your case is actually truly unique now.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Joke aside - I understand the situation is not ideal, but still, please be civil & constructive. If you feel anger (or any other negative emotion) is taking over, do take a break.

I still think the punishment for intentionally sabotaging the community should be having a 1990s full size AT case dropped on your little toe.

1622301177335.png

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Anyone else with their tracking number have their package say its in: Chek Lap Kok Hong Kong? Mine has said this for the past 2 days and hasn't changed.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Anyone else with their tracking number have their package say its in: Chek Lap Kok Hong Kong? Mine has said this for the past 2 days and hasn't changed.
mine i sstuck at label created from yesterday. However for your case, when I ordered from Keychron it went from China -> HK and stayed there for at least 1-2 days before routing it self to North America. I have found that HK is a universal check point

Reactions: N9neBreak3r