Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

hoanghiep2111

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2019
Alex,

Why are we going in circle? Smallfx is questioning your issues with transparency, not why you're making these decisions. By avoiding his concerns you're just confirming his assumption.

Also you kept making the same point about making sacrifices to ensure higher quality standard for exteriors surface but.... smallfx's exterior has a nick in it that goes all the way to the aluminum. That's a fact.

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
I read on Kickstarter that one backer’s top panel got dislodged during transit and made a mark on the Shell. The package must have been pushed around violently, since this didn’t happen in any our test shipments or feedback we’ve gotten from receivers now.
We only know what has been reported to us, but what I meant with being “first” was about the silver nick

And here is Alex caught in his own lies, saying they didn't receive any complaints of this loose panels until that post. Which was a lie, I had complained about it and will post the e-mail with timestamps if anyone wants predating his message.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
And here is Alex caught in his own lies, saying they didn't receive any complaints of this loose panels until that post. Which was a lie, I had complained about it and will post the e-mail with timestamps if anyone wants predating his message.

I don’t do this on purpose, we’ve currently got our hands full with shipping to Canada and Japan and I’m trying to be as active here as possible and talking 90% from memory. Maybe you emailed first, maybe the backer commented first. The exact orders is not as important as the fact of the situation as a whole, the nick is a first, while dislodged panel has been reported to me once (or twice to be on the safe side).

I told you that I’ll try to solve this somehow but you have to give me some time. We’re a small team that’s 100% focused on shipping now. I’m probably not thinking particularly straight on other things than that right now. If you can’t give me time to ship the cases then take a look at your situation I’m sorry, me and Denize are not amazon.

Reactions: CptShiner

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
I don’t do this on purpose, we’ve currently got our hands full with shipping to Canada and Japan and I’m trying to be as active here as possible and talking 90% from memory. Maybe you emailed first, maybe the backer commented first. The exact orders is not as important as the fact of the situation as a whole, the nick is a first, while dislodged panel has been reported to me once (or twice to be on the safe side).

I told you that I’ll try to solve this somehow but you have to give me some time. We’re a small team that’s 100% focused on shipping now. I’m probably not thinking particularly straight on other things than that right now. If you can’t give me time to ship the cases then take a look at your situation I’m sorry, me and Denize are not amazon.

You just don't get it. I never wanted anything right away, I wanted reassurance my issue would be dealt with, that's it. Hearing something like I promise I'll look into your issue when I ship all my cases is not that. Hearing we might replace the shell, but the panels probably won't match is not reassurance either. Hearing we'll take a look at your situation later is not reassurance.

Hell, if you said, hey we can replace your case but it will take 6 months, I would say great, thank you. I would have even helped you and covered shipping of the defective case back to you, but you're just unreasonable at this point. You're busy talking about your deals with the factory, how scratches are acceptable, downplaying my issues, macbooks, rare defects, blah, blah - but then next sentence talk about how you don't have time and need time to look at my situation later.

A few days ago you said you would have an answer on my issue and would e-mail me and post of the forums, that never happened.

Reactions: Acen and dannycpham

abdulla

Trash Compacter
Oct 11, 2019
Can't believe you went out of your way to upload the first two photos I sent you, that I didn't even post of the forum. I literally sent them to you as I was overlooking the case, then sent you follow up shots that were much clearer, but you decided to post the ones that show the issue less?
Do you have photos that show the issue more?

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
Do you have photos that show the issue more?

Oh, sorry, misunderstood you. No, I tried, but my camera loses focuses if I get any closer and goes completely blurry. Was a challenge to even capture what I've shown with the camera I have. I can maybe do one without the blur effect, but won't really show anything different that what you already see. From a distance, you'll never see it, but when sitting at the desk, it's noticeable, as the silver shimmers against the dark contrast when moving your head/eyes around.

Last edited:

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
If the shell was damaged during transit, you (or Alex) might be able to claim this via postal insurance.

I'm not about to try and do an insurance scam. This was clearly done at the factory, as the edge of the case is very secure in a thick foam. There's zero chance this was done in shipping. And the internal of the case is behind panels, so again, impossible to happen during shipping.

The problem with the panels coming loose, is because the foam doesn't extend to cover the edges of the panels, so they come loose because they have nothing holding them down, hence the tape they do now, which is a good quick fix.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I think everyone needs to step back and take a breath. This is a small run case. There will be issues.

The motherboard tray scratch is unfortunate but won't be seen once you have a motherboard in it. It won't effect the functionality or beauty of the case.

The chip on the front of the case is not good, and shouldn't have been shipped. Something needs to be done about it, but remember we aren't dealing with a major manufacture. Still, something needs to be done.

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
I think my request is reasonable, swap my case with another one when you get a chance and I'll pay and ship the defective one back out of pocket, which will probably cost me $80+ coming from the USA.

Alex e-mailed me asking if I wanted to sell my case to a friend of his at cost, which I declined. I would just lose more money that way on seller fees and shipping, then being responsible for anything that might go wrong, too much risk. I told him I'll ship only direct to him. This is getting ridiculous man, just tell me you'll replace it and I'll pay my own money to help fix your factories mistake.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
The problem with the panels coming loose, is because the foam doesn't extend to cover the edges of the panels, so they come loose because they have nothing holding them down, hence the tape they do now, which is a good quick fix.
I gotta say thank you so much for bringing up the issues with your case. You've probably saved a bunch of us from getting damaged cases, since the new tape fix ship method was a direct result of your posts!! It really sucks though that your case is damaged, it's actually heartbreaking, you waited so long for it. I really hope it all gets worked out for you!

VictorNg

Trash Compacter
Oct 14, 2019
We can't guarantee an absolutely spot-free surface finishing, even if that's something we strive for and achieve in >99% of cases. Also, this isn't a product we can just swap out like that, it's not feasible. We're looking at something that costs somewhere around 4-5x a Ghosts to manufacture and probably 10x your typical sheet metal case, but it's definitely not 4-5x Ghost in price.

For internal parts we don't consider that scuff a significant defect, that's just the way it is if you want to prioritize surface finishing on the external parts and keep the costs reasonable.

For the external parts, such small marks as this can't be guaranteed not to happen, even if it's extremely rare. We would need to price MJOLNIR at $1000 to guarantee against 1mm spots 100% of the time (scrap-rate would rise exponentially to achieve this). Even if we extrude, machine and anodize a new shell this can still happen.

I understand that this is not what people want to hear and that it's disappointing, but there has to be a cutoff line for what is too small to be considered a significant defect, otherwise the pricing would increase way beyond where most people could afford to get a case like this.

Alex,

This is not what a consumer will want to hear, AFTER they receive their product (Which is marketed at, I quote "A truly premium mini-ITX case for your high end SFF PC"). In any other casing from any other brand I doubt anyone can accept such a defect when they unbox them. I know I wouldnt.

This issue arise from your QC, or rather lack of sufficient QC. Of cuz not having extra units on standby for RMA is definitely not acceptable. Its foolish to think all units will be perfectly delivered to all buyer in perfect condition.

In short what u are saying now is "A premium casing...but defect is acceptable and no RMA possible" - such disclaimer clause should have been mentioned BEFORE consumer buy the product.

You are in this for the long haul right.... having gone thru so much hard work in getting the final product out.... these are all small issues that can be sort out. e.g. How to ensure and improve the factory QC and allowing some extra units for RMA. After sale service and your method of shipping the items out need some rework.

You should think long term... is this what you are offering to all your future orders? or will it be better if these valid points from consumer are sorted out? I doubt Lian-Li or corsair can survive in the business if they are doing what you are doing.

Victor

abdulla

Trash Compacter
Oct 11, 2019
I'm not about to try and do an insurance scam. This was clearly done at the factory, as the edge of the case is very secure in a thick foam. There's zero chance this was done in shipping. And the internal of the case is behind panels, so again, impossible to happen during shipping.

I'm not sure where you're getting insurance scam from.

If you believe it wasn't done in transit, then it rules out that option for you.

I was trying to provide a helpful suggestion.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Alex,

This is not what a consumer will want to hear, AFTER they receive their product (Which is marketed at, I quote "A truly premium mini-ITX case for your high end SFF PC"). In any other casing from any other brand I doubt anyone can accept such a defect when they unbox them. I know I wouldnt.

This issue arise from your QC, or rather lack of sufficient QC. Of cuz not having extra units on standby for RMA is definitely not acceptable. Its foolish to think all units will be perfectly delivered to all buyer in perfect condition.

In short what u are saying now is "A premium casing...but defect is acceptable and no RMA possible" - such disclaimer clause should have been mentioned BEFORE consumer buy the product.

You are in this for the long haul right.... having gone thru so much hard work in getting the final product out.... these are all small issues that can be sort out. e.g. How to ensure and improve the factory QC and allowing some extra units for RMA. After sale service and your method of shipping the items out need some rework.

You should think long term... is this what you are offering to all your future orders? or will it be better if these valid points from consumer are sorted out? I doubt Lian-Li or corsair can survive in the business if they are doing what you are doing.

Victor
Hey Calm down there.

Alex is doing his best especially from a small owner point of view and his first foray into the business DURING covid and stuff. You are comparing Alex to two PC cases companies that has been in the business? You are comparing Thorzone to Corsair with a very very long line up of offering to Thorzone? So far it is one person, and thanks to him he is helping others. Alex is so far trying to resolve to his best to his capabilities. As he has explained all cases are made without spare, if he actually had spares, then November batch would be going already and so forth. This IS his first defect that is severe, therefore let Alex think about the best method AS A BUSINESS to deal with it.

Would I be piss if this was me, yes I would, I'm not disagreeing, however so far he has been explaining his situation on what he can do, what will do and what kind of solutions.

He went from not being to ship (still not pleasant to hear) to having the community backing him up to solve the problem, lets not cut his legs off yet please. There are over 50% of the cases left including yours that is still remain to be shipped out and has been severely delayed too. Let the guy breath a bit, since people have been getting their cases, the company hasn't gone in smokes which was the first worrying thing. Should he have been doing more QC, lets see how many bad cases - if it is ONE single case which is this case, then I do believe he will need to bite the bullet but let him assess the situation overall globally from KS/B1 first.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
From Kickstarter comments from someone that received their case with a EVGA 3080 Ultra}

For any other backers using an EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra (probably only one or two but hopefully this helps nonetheless), the core won't fit back into the shell unless you remove the shroud completely, as well as the fan closest to the I/O panel of the card.

Very happy with the quality of the case. A few of the plastic corner guards have come off but it's no big deal; once I'm done moving I'll worry about gluing them back on, not sliding anything in and out too often anyways.

Thermal performance of the case is.. Kinda interesting. If you have a 2.5+ slot card with the normal, dual- or triple-fan setup, hot air will be blasted onto the case and effectively heat it up (the top became VERY hot to the touch after half an hour of gaming. If you have pets or kids, keep them away from this case). That being said, it is at least allowing air to be exhausted out the top and sides very easily, so I'm still getting better temperatures than the Lian-li TU150 its replacing.

Overall for a sub-10L case I'm extremely happy with the product itself, and I'm actually REALLY looking forward to 1) having some time this summer to experiment with shorter cables and maybe some liquid cooling, and 2) seeing what kind of potential add-ons might be developed down the road, if any.

Huge shout out to Alex and the Thorzone team for delivering under the circumstances and I'll definitely be a part of community input for Mjolnir 2 (already have LOTS of ideas!)

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020

Mjolnir already being "scalped" lol 😆 figured it wouldn't be too long till at least one hits ebay. I'm joking when I say "scalped" btw as they have it buy it now for basically what it costs. Curious though, in their description they say they ordered in November 🤔.

Reactions: beerbuddha

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021

Mjolnir already being "scalped" lol 😆 figured it wouldn't be too long till at least one hits ebay. I'm joking when I say "scalped" btw as they have it buy it now for basically what it costs. Curious though, in their description they say they ordered in November 🤔.
yeah i found two of those on reddit though, both of the sellers are selling due to the fact they opted to buy another case as the wait time took too long. However They checked the box context to make sure it is still prestine without any marks. They are selling at par vs conversion etc.
Also when you say November its "first KS November" as KS was finished in November of 2019. then B1 was June 2020 (I know your reaction was November new batch 2...)

Reactions: N9neBreak3r