Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Dinward

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2021
The reasons behind the big (1 year) Kickstarter shipping delay are:
  • Had to find 9 great factories & sample their quality a bunch of times.
  • Finish all molds and tooling
  • Do a pre-production run and test assembly, tolerances + fix a bunch of stuff
  • Chinese new year (factories are closed during this period)
  • Assembly and packaging, especially for Dark, which took longer than expected.
  • Covid. Rather than starting sampling/pre-production in mid-January we pushed almost 6 months due to the China lockdown. More recently, Covid required us to re-negotiate all previous freight deals (vastly more expensive).
That said, now the whole structure around MJOLNIR is complete and creating a new batch is very straight forward. I estimate the second part of Batch 2 (the one opening up next week) to be complete by August 🙂

Hello @AlexTzone ! Happy to hear you. I totally understand. A good product takes time and a lot of work. August is perfect for me ! Thanks for clarifying that. I can't wait to build this computer with your case 😊

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I've basically already told you guys all I have, i.e. the big regions are solved and we're working on finishing up the smaller ones. When the big ones get shipped out we'll have solved the smaller ones 😅 Feel free to ask me for updates here whenever you want and I'll ASAP answer when dropping by the forum. It feels a lot easier than keeping a schedule, since there's so much shipping stuff to do right now, hope it's okay.

Not a problem @AlexTzone
So US/CAD has been finalized for shipping with UPS. What does that mean in the actual timeline of shipping the case out. Is it after the Chinese holiday, or has it been shipped just no update? Some insight on what does it mean for those who are in the region that you made a deal with.

thanks

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Yes we'll offer basically those exact addons you mentioned 😁
- Booster Cell
- LED package/Godrays
- O2 panel
- 2x Panel sets (i.e. we check what panels you already have and add what you don't have, so for somebody with Performance panels we'll also add Tempered glass panels and vice versa)
Thanks for the reply! Just wanted to clarify that I don't want to buy another case, I just want the extra panels and parts so I can mod them for my existing case. Will I be able to buy just the panels and parts by themselves without having to buy another entire Mjolnir case? Shipping fees being expensive don't bother me, I know what I'm in for in that regard! Lol

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Thanks for the reply! Just wanted to clarify that I don't want to buy another case, I just want the extra panels and parts so I can mod them for my existing case. Will I be able to buy just the panels and parts by themselves without having to buy another entire Mjolnir case? Shipping fees being expensive don't bother me, I know what I'm in for in that regard! Lol

Haha no no don't worry, no need to get a second case! 🤣

Any updates on shipping to Singapore? Thanks!

We'll ship it after EU :)

Not a problem @AlexTzone
So US/CAD has been finalized for shipping with UPS. What does that mean in the actual timeline of shipping the case out. Is it after the Chinese holiday, or has it been shipped just no update? Some insight on what does it mean for those who are in the region that you made a deal with.

thanks

We'll start shipping those out on Thursday (earliest possible pickup date), so tracking numbers will start popping up from thereon out :)

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
The reasons behind the big (1 year) Kickstarter shipping delay are:
  • Had to find 9 great factories & sample their quality a bunch of times.
  • Finish all molds and tooling
  • Do a pre-production run and test assembly, tolerances + fix a bunch of stuff
  • Chinese new year (factories are closed during this period)
  • Assembly and packaging, especially for Dark, which took longer than expected.
  • Covid. Rather than starting sampling/pre-production in mid-January we pushed almost 6 months due to the China lockdown. More recently, Covid required us to re-negotiate all previous freight deals (vastly more expensive).
That said, now the whole structure around MJOLNIR is complete and creating a new batch is very straight forward. I estimate the second part of Batch 2 (the one opening up next week) to be complete by August 🙂
That’s an incredible amount of work. I can imagine it’s exhausting.

Now...is it too early for us to talk about an Mjolner XL version with support for a 240mm top mount AIO and 3 Slot GPUs? 😁😝

Last edited:

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
That’s an incredible amount of work. I can imagine it’s exhausting.

Now...is it too early for us to talk about an Mjolner XL version with support for a 240mm top mount AIO and 3 Slot GPUs? 😁😝
I’ve already got a Mjolnir ordered but would be the 1st person in the que for an XL version!!
Watched some videos of the iqunix zx-1 case this week. Slightly similar finish to the Mjolnir with a 240mm rad & made me want a Mjolnir XL even more.

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
I managed to convince the wife not to kill me... ;)

I couldn't resist 😁

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Actually, I have a serious question.

Are you going to sell the panel inserts separately so we can two tone the case?

Can you post a picture of the black case with silver inserts?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Soooooo....what day is ordering opening? I managed to convince the wife not to kill me... ;)

Actually, I have a serious question.

Are you going to sell the panel inserts separately so we can two tone the case?

Can you post a picture of the black case with silver inserts?

Hahaha now that's a keeper!!

The new launch will be live next week, as this week we'll try to fill out as many shipping labels as possible. Also, we're adding a the Booster Cell, 2x Panel sets, RGB and extra O2 panel upgrade-options for current backers, which takes a bit more time to complete. Very sorry for this guys!

Sorry, I totally missed your second questions:
- I think this is something we can do during the next or next-next launch, i.e. sell panels in whichever color you like. For now it's better than the assembly team gets really comfortable with the 3 colors we offer, before we mix it a up a bit 😅

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone ... that's off-topic, but I can't help to see that when I see your avatar :D (please excuse my MS Paint lool)

That would make a nice t-shirt ;)

OMG, this is a coincidence on epic scales!! About 1 year ago one of my friends sent me this:

🤣 🤣 🤣

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I think these two should try and hook up with the Starbucks logo girl

Challenge accepted: Quick and Dirty, the way all MS-Paintshot should always be XD (don't complain, you asked for it) ...Finally it's craby time to shine, after being cropped for so many years.

Last edited:

Ovni

Trash Compacter
Jan 3, 2020
Kickstarter thread : When is the case shipping to X country ? Why it is so slow ...

Meanwhile in this thread : Drawing the Thorzone logo as a sad crab holding the starbucks logo.

Wtf guys, this thread is so much better, keep it up !
Well ....
We customers have to convince Alex that his logo doesn't remind us of a cruel Norwegian God but remind us of Pippi Långstrump.
(or Ronja Rövardotter if you like that book more)

• Haha

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
So @AlexTzone your booster cell is really cool, but for my use case I need more cooling power... so I built my own "booster cell" of sorts for when I get my Mjolnir. Complete with a custom cut and finished piece of granite on top, only the best will do for Mjolnir!! It's gonna have its own dc-lt 2600 pump and quick release fittings that will hook up to a set of quick release on my Mjolnir. There will also be another dc-lt 2600 pump and 240mm radiator inside my Mjolnir case to allow the system to be un-coupled from the external stand and run by itself off its own internal loop. Gonna hook up the pump and run the tubes tomorrow for a trial run with my current set up!