• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
It's a 49$ attachment that allows a slim 120mm fan to be installed at the front of Mjolnir, as well as a front power button, aRGB ring and dust filter. Personally, I really like it and am glad I paid for it when I ordered my Mjolnir!
oh dang...slim 120mm? i was planning on putting a noctua on it

Reactions: AlexTzone

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Question @AlexTzone
if I have AIO

what are the sizes of fans I should have with the booster?

is it
1x 120x25mm
2x 120x15mm

or
2x 120x25mm
1x 120x15mm

?
For a 120 mm AIO:

Booster Cell: 120 x 15 mm (fixed)
Under board: 120 x 15 mm (fixed)
On AIO: Either 15 mm or 25 mm depending on thickness of radiator and available space

For 240 mm AIO (don't do it)
Booster Cell: 120 x 15 mm (fixed)
On Radiator : 1x single 25 mm fan as the radiator thickness is limited

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
It's a 49$ attachment that allows a slim 120mm fan to be installed at the front of Mjolnir, as well as a front power button, aRGB ring and dust filter. Personally, I really like it and am glad I paid for it when I ordered my Mjolnir!

I'm afraid we need to put it at $59 this time, the Booster turned to be a lot more expensive to manufacture than we anticipated 😭 It's actually the 2:nd most expensive part after the unibody Shell.

@AlexTzone please could you provide this?

Have you got shipping to the UK sorted?
When are dark expected to ship?

Yes UK shipping is sorted! :)

I'd want to give a date on that but given my terrible lack of precision in the past I think it's just best to say all orders are finished this month and we'll ship them out as soon as they are done.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Yes UK shipping is sorted! :)

I'd want to give a date on that but given my terrible lack of precision in the past I think it's just best to say all orders are finished this month and we'll ship them out as soon as they are done.
All orders = all stealth orders?

Any sight of the dark QC units?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
All orders = all stealth orders?

Any sight of the dark QC units?

Stealth is finished so all orders = stealth, dark & steel

Not not yet, they will most likely arrive a couple of days before everything is complete (accounting for shipping them to us)

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Dark and Steel to be packed, QCed, and greenlighted optimistically last week of May
These orders start getting received in Early June

So so far my guesstimation seems to be not too far from reality ;), although I guess steel's QC is likely to be more towards the early June. I wonder if any units were shipped this week, as there wasn't a rumble of people receiving tracking numbers....Perhaps the factory didn't return to work on the 5th? It's a bit odd that UPS wouldn't pick up parcels if the contract has been signed.

Stealth is finished so all orders = stealth, dark & steel

Not not yet, they will most likely arrive a couple of days before everything is complete (accounting for shipping them to us)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
So so far my guesstimation seems to be not too far from reality ;), although I guess steel's QC is likely to be more towards the early June. I wonder if any units were shipped this week, as there wasn't a rumble of people receiving tracking numbers....Perhaps the factory didn't return to work on the 5th? It's a bit odd that UPS wouldn't pick up parcels if the contract has been signed.
Yes we've shipped a couple via UPS now to confirm that it works (not just to the US). Their software (UPS Worldship) is a bit of a dinosaur, so the UPS guys are helping us batch-fill the labels, save them to PDF:s and send to our factory. However, I'm waiting for the instructions manual for us (should have arrived yesterday...). Doing each one manually would take a very very long time and carry the risk of mixing products (i.e. when you sit and fill in the the doc 1000 times, it's impossible not to make a mistake, as compared to a csv).

So if anybody has experience of UPS worldship, please let us know and perhaps we can solve this straight away without waiting for UPS to respond. That's literally the only thing holding us back from booking all shipments now.

saonexus

Caliper Novice
Nov 29, 2020
I must say that I'm a little bit unhappy that even now there are no official (or unofficial?) stats on the effectiveness of the booster cell.

If you're getting it purely for how it looks, I guess you're in the safe boat where its looking good. But if you're getting it to improve cooling or decrease noise (maybe most peoples expectation?) you're really stabbing in the dark whether this thing actually functions as intended. As Alex says, the effects are "subtle", which I don't think is a good sign, and I've always had my minor doubt whether a fan blowing in/out on the side of the GPU/PSU area is actually going to achieve much apart from adding fan noise.

If I had to hedge my bets, I think not knowing how well it performs is going to be beneficial for the sales of the booster cell and that doesn't make me feel so good about this potentially strategic move. If some people who already have their cases can do the testing with noise normalized thermals, that would be greatly valuable.
What I’m also surprised at is the lack of posts from the handful of people who have already received their mjolnir. Yet they were dang quick to only post the case without an actual build.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
What I’m also surprised at is the lack of posts from the handful of people who have already received their mjolnir. Yet they were dang quick to only post the case without an actual build.

Basically there's only something like 30 MJOLNIRs out there atm, and 90% of them are in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. I think once we get the US cases shipped there will be a LOT of builds :) Same goes for Canada, Australia, Europe, etc.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I guess the reality is also that the cases are so delayed that anybody who had "planned components" are likely to have gotten another case to get by and so people may not be bothered to put something in it until the next build round. And in this respect, the GPU market also doesn't help.

Reactions: AP2

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I guess the reality is also that the cases are so delayed that anybody who had "planned components" are likely to have gotten another case to get by and so people may not be bothered to put something in it until the next build round. And in this respect, the GPU market also doesn't help.
I remember the one guy on reddit that posted his case said he'd do a build "after the weekend". Im guessing the mods on r/sffpc pissed him off by deleting his post, so he's not gonna post the build ☹

• Haha
Reactions: thelaughingman

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I remember the one guy on reddit that posted his case said he'd do a build "after the weekend". Im guessing the mods on r/sffpc pissed him off by deleting his post, so he's not gonna post the build ☹

This forum, [H]ard OCP Forums, and the Digital Foundry discord are the extent of my social media. Life got so much better when I left Reddit, Facebook, and all the other platforms full of egotistical know-nothing-know-it-alls.