• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Can you guys post a few of the DARK finish front side but without the booster cell?

Sure thing! :)

Btw just got samples of the updated "dark" as well as panels with 4 magnets. I can see that the old dark has a very subtle yellowish tone, which I didn't see before...but it becomes more apparent when placed side by side with the new color. We'll make sure to take comparison pics for you guys :)

As for the magnets, they are unsurprisingly a lot stronger! Really happy with the results as I can now shake the case pretty violently without the panels falling off 👍 Check out the video below:

Last edited:

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Sure thing! :)

Btw just got samples of the updated "dark" as well as panels with 4 magnets. I can see that the old dark has a very subtle yellowish tone, which I didn't see before...but it becomes more apparent when placed side by side with the new color. We'll make sure to take comparison pics for you guys :)

As for the magnets, they are unsurprisingly a lot stronger! Really happy with the results as I can now shake the case pretty violently without the panels falling off 👍 Check out the video below:

No mix and match colour shots...... :D

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
So glad I picked the dark finish, truly unique space gray case in world‘s PC cases ! Thank you for making it 😍

Really means a lot to hear that, we want to give you guys something really special!!

No mix and match colour shots...... :D

Absolutely! So do we go for 100% hot-pink, maximum green or lava-red lighting when taking the most natural comparison shots of the new dark?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Really means a lot to hear that, we want to give you guys something really special!!

Absolutely! So do we go for 100% hot-pink, maximum green or lava-red lighting when taking the most natural comparison shots of the new dark?

I was talking the shell and panels, but you caught my attention at anodised hot pink.....

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Any word on when we'll see stealth, and the full lineup side-by-side, with the new lighting?

We're looking around for something bright/white to put underneath it, since the pictures become too dark when using our dark table top. As for the full lineup, definitely during our livestream 😃

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
We're looking around for something bright/white to put underneath it, since the pictures become too dark when using our dark table top. As for the full lineup, definitely during our livestream 😃
Maybe dumb question, but with the strong magnets in close proximity to the parts, are there any concerns for fans/HDDs in that area?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Maybe dumb question, but with the strong magnets in close proximity to the parts, are there any concerns for fans/HDDs in that area?

Nah, pull force drops off a LOT as soon as we get 2-3mm away. Also, each magnet is shielded by a 1mm wall of aluminium from internal components :)

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Nah, pull force drops off a LOT as soon as we get 2-3mm away. Also, each magnet is shielded by a 1mm wall of aluminium from internal components :)
In a fully sealed system with the windowed panels, can you actually pop them off (i.e. pull them off). Or realistically speaking do you need to pull off either the core/front (probably core is easier) so that you can get your fingers in the underside.

If you attempted to do it with your nails, would you regret it?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
In a fully sealed system with the windowed panels, can you actually pop them off (i.e. pull them off). Or realistically speaking do you need to pull off either the core/front (probably core is easier) so that you can get your fingers in the underside.

If you attempted to do it with your nails, would you regret it?

I just pop off the top panel (with a wooden chopstick) or the O2 panel (with fingers) and then pop off the glass panels by poking on them from the inside, takes 5 seconds 😁 Removing the the core is only necessary when you want to do a build, swap the front w. Booster Cell or invert the layout.

Yes you would regret using your nails, I just broke my plastic pen when trying to pry off the top panel (the thin part at the front).

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I just pop off the top panel (with a wooden chopstick) or the O2 panel (with fingers) and then pop off the glass panels by poking on them from the inside, takes 5 seconds 😁 Removing the the core is only necessary when you want to do a build, swap the front w. Booster Cell or invert the layout.

Yes you would regret using your nails, I just broke my plastic pen when trying to pry off the top panel (the thin part at the front).

Sounds like a 3d printed tool is in order. Like a manhole cover key....

Wouldn't want to scratch the anodizing….

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Small demo haha, had to film with one hand so I failed on my promised 5 seconds x)

@Goatee If you use something that is softer than anodized aluminium, like a wooden chopstick or a plastic pen, you're not going to scratch it. Ofc it's not the most premium solution but it gets the job done fast :)

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
what about 120mm aio? there is any measurement limit?
A curated list of 120mm AIO coolers is available.

The limiting radiator dimensions are 157mm x 120mm x 34mm (assuming a 25mm fan). The pump block height is also limited to ~51mm (maybe 52-53mm if you can install the block after inserting the core), which eliminates several popular coolers. Other considerations are things like how long/stiff the AIO tubes are, and interference with other components (e.g. RAM, PSU cables, etc).

Hope this helps.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
A curated list of 120mm AIO coolers is available.

The limiting radiator dimensions are 157mm x 120mm x 34mm (assuming a 25mm fan). The pump block height is also limited to ~51mm (maybe 52-53mm if you can install the block after inserting the core), which eliminates several popular coolers. Other considerations are things like how long/stiff the AIO tubes are, and interference with other components (e.g. RAM, PSU cables, etc).

Hope this helps.
Holy! Who made that list?? Will link to it from our website :)

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
Holy! Who made that list?? Will link to it from our website :)
I made this spreadsheet, and posted it here in Dec 2019. I've tried to keep it updated as new AIOs are introduced.

Well, i was thinking about putting the strix lc 120 with a noctua fan, the 15mm thick
Unfortunately, the Asus Strix LC 120 AIO is listed as 121mm wide. It is possible that it might fit if there is sufficient margin in the tolerances between case and radiator. Won't know for certain until you have the case.

All measurements are given by manufacturers, and sometimes they round up, sometimes they don't.