• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Here’s another one for you guys, testing the Booster!

Preliminary temps show that that there’s basically no difference between a workbench/standalone core and MJOLNIR with the new Performance panels (reversed orientation, O2 panel & top panel flipped). Same thing for the GPU. We’ll test new hardware as soon as we can get our hands on some xP

For the case inspections we’ve concluded that there are 3 things we don’t like & solutions:
  1. Panels need to stick better: we’ll use 2x the magnets on each side.
  2. Glue for the magnets and corner guards is week, we’ll use Loctite Precision Super Glue...never getting those parts off now x)
  3. Loose chassis lock: we’ll add a rubber washer to the locking mechanism to tighten up & smooth the feeling of locking/unlocking the case.
Speaking of panels, I was disassembling the old prototypes today when it struck me just how inconvenient screwed-on panels are compared to the magnetic ones. Also, did we really have screw holes visible on the outside? 😳 Let’s pretend like that never happened.

Last edited:

BAS1C

Caliper Novice
Dec 10, 2020

Here’s another one for you guys, testing the Booster!

Preliminary temps show that that there’s basically no difference between a workbench/standalone core + MJOLNIR with the new Performance panels (reversed orientation, O2 panel & top panel flipped). Same thing for the GPU. We’ll test new hardware as soon as we can get our hands on some xP

For the case inspections we’ve concluded that there are things we don’t like & solutions:
  1. Panels need to stick better: we’ll use 2x the magnets on each side.
  2. Glue for the magnets and corner guards is week, we’ll use Loctite Precision Super Glue...never getting those parts off now x)
  3. Loose chassis lock: we’ll add a rubber washer to the locking mechanism to tighten up & smooth the feeling of locking/unlocking the case.
Speaking of panels, I was disassembling the old prototypes today when it struck me just how inconvenient screwed-on panels are compared to the magnetic ones. Also, did we really have screw holes visible on the outside? 😳 Let’s pretend like that never happened.

oh wow this looks great. Good to hear the above also. Can’t wait to see more! It looks so dang good.

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
😱😱😱 The finish looks great!

Will the pictures this weekend be with the pc built? Is the update going to include thermal tests?

Thanks so much guys, feels epic to start delivering on our promises!! 😄 We're going to do a complete thermals inspection once production is up and running again and everything else "more important" is fixed. So in about 1 month I'd say :)

Looks great Alex, I applaud you and the team for keeping up with the production and also addressing my doomsday question all the time :)

At the cost of sounding ridiculous, would you be willing to demonstrate how scratch resistant the anodizing coat is. I assume that if you were to scratch the black or gray model, it would leave a silver mark, whereas if you scratched the silver one, it would look silver, so only show a dent in side light?

I've scratched the surfaces that are supposed to be glued (magnets and magnet-slots on the panels), in order to rough up the surfaces so that the magnets adhere better. I'd say that are pretty scratch resistant unless you obviously try to scratch them.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

das78

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 10, 2020
Thanks so much guys, feels epic to start delivering on our promises!! 😄 We're going to do a complete thermals inspection once production is up and running again and everything else "more important" is fixed. So in about 1 month I'd say :)

The manufacturing is nearing its end, however, what is the possibility of changing the design of the side panels from the oblong holes, to a design utilizing mesh similar to the booster head here:
Both airflow and looks would be improved, and the side panels would weigh less therefore less chance of falling off. Not to mention the design would match the booster head, giving you a uniform design language.

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020

So does that mean that in the best scenario we‘ll have our cases in our doorstep in February ?

BAS1C

Caliper Novice
Dec 10, 2020
The manufacturing is nearing its end, however, what is the possibility of changing the design of the side panels from the oblong holes, to a design utilizing mesh similar to the booster head here:
Both airflow and looks would be improved, and the side panels would weigh less therefore less chance of falling off. Not to mention the design would match the booster head, giving you a uniform design language.

Personally I prefer the side panel cuts as they are. Looks cleaner that way. Can always add mesh behind the performance side grilles.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Product will resume on Monday.

But we still have to sign contracts for packaging and then sort out everything with shipping, so that why I mean by taking care of more important things before doing thermals test :)

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Product will resume on Monday.

But we still have to sign contracts for packaging and then sort out everything with shipping, so that why I mean by taking care of more important things before doing thermals test :)
So does that mean that in the best scenario we‘ll have our cases in our doorstep in February ?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Not sure yet, it can be faster. It will become more clear once the cases are in production, so I'll have more sometime next week. But things are moving fast, almost all non-CNC parts are finished.

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Jeez, you‘re lucky that New Ryzen, RX and RTX are out of stock (and you have made the most beautiful itx case), otherwise I would be very pissed (sorry I’m French) 😁 .
Best wishes for the next weeks, please send some ETA when you can, so we can start ordering parts when there are good deals (or simply parts back in stock).

Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Jeez, you‘re lucky that New Ryzen, RX and RTX are out of stock (and you have made the most beautiful itx case), otherwise I would be very pissed (sorry I’m French) 😁 .
Best wishes for the next weeks, please send some ETA when you can, so we can start ordering parts when there are good deals (or simply parts back in stock).

Speaking of Ryzen, we have thermal tested it now (the 5900X) and at stock (not undervolted) it's running about 6 degrees lower than our undervolted i7 8700?! 😱 Tested using a 120mm AIO and Prime95 Small FFTs for 30 mins. I recently helped a friend install a 3900X & 240mm AIO in his case and it was running at about 78C.

Storm

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2020

I'm also from France i was so lucky to snag most parts (5600X, 3080,...), now im thinking of buying a cheap case where i can temporarily put my build until then (February-Mars) 😅

Reactions: Acen

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Speaking of Ryzen, we have thermal tested it now (the 5900X) and at stock (not undervolted) it's running about 6 degrees lower than our undervolted i7 8700?! 😱 Tested using a 120mm AIO and Prime95 Small FFTs for 30 mins. I recently helped a friend install a 3900X & 240mm AIO in his case and it was running at about 78C.

That is a very good news ! I still don’t know what to choose between air and liquid cooling for a 5600X. I actually have an air cooling in my Louqe Ghost S1 (i7 8700) and it is really good. The GPU (3070FE) is way more hot and loud. But undervolting is the solution.

approvethismessage

Cable Smoosher
Dec 11, 2020
The case looks great, glad to see the updates here, thank you.

I'm eager to see the thermal testing results when you're able to conduct them. It would be interesting to see what impact a booster cell has on the thermals, too.

I'd prefer to use air cooling instead of an AIO in mine with a 65 watt TDP processor, probably a 5600X, along with a <= 200 watt GPU. I need those test results to plan my shopping list! :-)

Reactions: Acen

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
I'd also be interested in seeing an air cooling setup with a lower TDP CPU (the 5600X seems to be the sweet spot for gaming) so we can utilize a hybrid GPU setup.

Paul_the_Octopus

Trash Compacter
Apr 17, 2020
@AlexTzone ,
Kickstarter page says january 2021 for end of production/shipping.
How realistic is that with chinese new year coming?
As i came to understand, with anything not lined up to be produced in december in china, end of February is your best bet.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone ,
Kickstarter page says january 2021 for end of production/shipping.
How realistic is that with chinese new year coming?
As i came to understand, with anything not lined up to be produced in december in china, end of February is your best bet.

All non-CNC parts are done on December 31:st at the latest. Our main factory (CNC, extrusion, assembly and packaging) have said that they will finish and ship everything before Chinese new year if we continue production next week.